Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MLax: (ACCT Final) Syracuse 14, Duke 8

Lightning delay with 7:10 to go in Q4. Pouring rain and we just got the first crack of thunder.

9-8, Cuse.

Just announced estimated restart time of 3:15.

It has been a really competitive game. Syracuse goalie has been sensational. Duke's second midfield unit (not sure I'm using the right terminology) has scored multiple goals. Myles Jones coming on strong in 2nd half.
    Bob Green

I'm not sure Molloy has been sensational. Our shot selection hasn't been very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It has been a really competitive game. Syracuse goalie has been sensational. Duke's second midfield unit (not sure I'm using the right terminology) has scored multiple goals. Myles Jones coming on strong in 2nd half.
    Win or lose today, getting three goals from the second midfield augurs well going forward.

No way the game is restarting before 4:00. It's getting lighter off to the north, but there is still plenty of lightning all around, and we're being to to expect hail in the next 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for the update, Paul. Those of us watching on ESPNU are given college baseball during the delay.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Thanks for the update, Paul. Those of us watching on ESPNU are given college baseball during the delay.
    Looking at the pics on the ACC men's lacrosse Twitter account, the field is quite wet. Additionally, they also said that coverage will not resume on ESPNU, but instead will be on ESPNews.

No lightning for the last 20 minutes, but we're still getting steady, soaking rain. Field is going to be a mess.

Just wandered out from under cover. Field is an absolute lake. I don't know what the officials are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Just wandered out from under cover. Field is an absolute lake. I don't know what the officials are going to do.
    Please keep the tv audience updated. We've gone to watching stuff on our dvr and waiting for the game to resume ... If it does! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Please keep the tv audience updated. We've gone to watching stuff on our dvr and waiting for the game to resume ... If it does! LGD GTHc!
    I've been roped into watching the football profiles on ESPNews.

My flight home isn't until 8:25, so I don't have any need to bail early.

Rain has stopped, field is draining nicely (at least the south end; north end still looks bad). No sign of teams or officials.

Duke Men's Lacrosse
    Duke Men's Lacrosse – ‏@Duke_MLAX

Game will be moved to the turf field adjacent to main stadium. Restart time at 4:45. Game will not be televised. Follow here.

Restarting in about 15 minutes on a turf field across the street from the stadium. No sign of any TV equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Restarting in about 15 minutes on a turf field across the street from the stadium. No sign of any TV equipment.
    Are there any lacrosse nets and field markings?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Are there any lacrosse nets and field markings?
    Yup.

Down 11-8 with 3:30 left

13-8 now. All Syracuse since the restart from weather delay.
    Bob Green