Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I like some bojangles biscuits and Bo'rounds but it concerns me that the bottom of bag they hand me at the drive through is translucent from grease. I'm not a doctor but that doesn't seem very heart smart. Tastes good tho.
    Bad for you = good for me
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

There used to be a Dunkin' Donuts on Broad Street near the East Campus. I would often stop there for a bunch of Dutch Crumb donuts. I wonder if they are still available.

tying this thread to the burger thread ... I will occasionally buy a dozen KK donuts at the grocery store and use them for buns on burgers. cut in half and then 30 seconds on a hot grill with bread side down makes them INCREDIBLE.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    tying this thread to the burger thread ... I will occasionally buy a dozen KK donuts at the grocery store and use them for buns on burgers. cut in half and then 30 seconds on a hot grill with bread side down makes them INCREDIBLE.
    Pshaw. The NC State Fair has been doing this for about 5 years and I'd guess other state fairs before that (Texas State Fair foods of death often appear to proceed those in NC by a year or two).

Hope they look this good:

250px-Perfect_luther_burger.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Pshaw. The NC State Fair has been doing this for about 5 years and I'd guess other state fairs before that (Texas State Fair foods of death often appear to proceed those in NC by a year or two).

Looks like this started out as the Luther Burger in 2006 and a bunch of state fairs introduced them in 2010:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Burger

My favorite quote:

"Dubbed a 'cardiologist's worst nightmare', this burger is 1,000 calories (4,200 kJ). "

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Not saying I was the originator, just a fan
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Not saying I was the originator, just a fan
    Oh, I know. Perhaps I should have included the winking smilie in my initial reply.

tastier than Bitcoins?

“Exports of choco pies to North Korea have been very popular, with the snack used in lieu of hard cash in paying North Korean Worker bonuses.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choco_pie

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    “Exports of choco pies to North Korea have been very popular, with the snack used in lieu of hard cash in paying North Korean Worker bonuses.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choco_pie
    THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN BITCOINS!!!!

Unless you perhaps deep-fried them.

Mmmmm, virtual doughnuts. I love the 0's the best; the 1's I guess are crullers.

Years back went to visit my sister-in-law in Hershey Nebraska (don't ask why dammit, just don't). Arrived with a peace offering, a dozen doughnuts. Unfortunately we left them in the van, and when i went out to get them found the dog in the driver's seat with a I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. eating grin on her face. Cannot fault her for that, but i was pretty disgusted when i discovered that she had cherry picked the doughnuts. The only ones missing were the chocolate frosted. Bad girl, bad.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life