Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Nice 42-point game from Isaiah Thomas last night to deliver coach Brad Stevens his first playoff win in six tries. A scrappy effort without Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk.
    This is clearly Brad Stevens's opportunity to show Duke that he's Coach K's successor
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Luol with the hot hand early for Miami. He has 12 of Miami's 21 with 3+ to play in the first.

I haven't watched Charlotte play many times this year but their buzz city uniforms are only slightly better than the proposed unis for the New Jersey swamp dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I haven't watched Charlotte play many times this year but their buzz city uniforms are only slightly better than the proposed unis for the New Jersey swamp dragons.
    Sorta... except the Buzz City unis are one of the best NBA jerseys...
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Sorta... except the Buzz City unis are one of the best NBA jerseys...
    Maybe if they said Charlotte instead of Buzz City I could warm up to the color scheme. Buzz city just sounds incredibly lame. They need to lose the sleeves too.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    JJ had a nice game 1. Efficient 17 points in 27 minutes on 8-12 FG. I'm also glad Austin has developed into a respectable bench and rotation player.

Lots of Duke guys who play meaningful roles for their teams in this series. I like it.
    Yes indeed, and how does that compare to all those paper class boys from the dump on the hump. Since they have the most guys in the playoffs surely they are running away with the stats and having major impacts on their teams chances to win right? I see Marvin Williams had a magnificent 12 points today! woot woot! How are all the other paperclass boys doing so far?

Mason Plumlee has 19 boards and 9 assists and it's just the 3rd quarter. This is against DeAndre Jordan.

Interesting way to get a double-double if he gets there.

Mase finished with 6/21/9. Third guy to put up 21 boards and 9 assists in a playoff game since 1984...Barkley and KG being the others.

JJ on the other hand had a rough night (2 of 10 shooting).

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Mason Plumlee has 19 boards and 9 assists and it's just the 3rd quarter. This is against DeAndre Jordan.

Interesting way to get a double-double if he gets there.
    "He became the first player with 19 or more rebounds and eight or more assists in a playoff game since LeBron James in 2010. He's also the first Blazer center with eight-plus assists in a postseason game since Arvydas Sabonis in 1999 against Phoenix.

Lillard called him a monster.

''With the attention that me and CJ get, we've got to trust him in the middle to score the ball and make the right play,'' Lillard said. ''Tonight he played close to a perfect game.''

Plumlee was brought to the podium to take questions from the media for the first time in his career.

''Good thing I wore a tie,'' he said."

Quote Originally Posted by Exnicios View Post
    Mase finished with 6/21/9. Third guy to put up 21 boards and 9 assists in a playoff game since 1984...Barkley and KG being the others.

JJ on the other hand had a rough night (2 of 10 shooting).
    JJ with a bruised heel- those don't heal fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    "He became the first player with 19 or more rebounds and eight or more assists in a playoff game since LeBron James in 2010. He's also the first Blazer center with eight-plus assists in a postseason game since Arvydas Sabonis in 1999 against Phoenix.

Lillard called him a monster.

''With the attention that me and CJ get, we've got to trust him in the middle to score the ball and make the right play,'' Lillard said. ''Tonight he played close to a perfect game.''

Plumlee was brought to the podium to take questions from the media for the first time in his career.

''Good thing I wore a tie,'' he said."
    Such a shame that those Plumlee boys spent a chunk of their Duke careers rebounding, finding open scorers, and setting picks. They just weren't prepared for the next level. 🙄

Mason with the dunk of the playoffs so far, I think:

https://twitter.com/trailblazers/sta...D&refsrc=email

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    JJ with a bruised heel- those don't heal fast.
    The in-game announcers said that Doc was "more worried about JJ's heal than all the other injuries on his team combined" or something to that effect. I think that was more of a comment on JJ's value to the team rather than the severity of the injury as he returned to the game after that comment. But its likely a comment on both as apparently heals can nag...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    This is clearly Brad Stevens's opportunity to show Duke that he's Coach K's successor
    Well, I'm impressed. Another scrappy win for an undermanned Celtics team, albeit at home.

Marcus Smart was awesome. The only Celtic who could slow down Millsap and then on the other end, he made pretty good decisions and made his shots on offense.

So the Spurs and Cavs move on, as expected.

Steph Curry goes down with another injury, this time it's his knee. Hopefully nothing serious and he'll be good to go for the next round.

Pacers/Raptors are knotted up at two games each and Toronto has to be feeling really nervous about game 5.

Somehow (Brad Stevens) the Celtics find a way to even the series with the Hawks.

Three games scheduled for tonight, hopefully at least two of them will be close!

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    So the Spurs and Cavs move on, as expected.

Steph Curry goes down with another injury, this time it's his knee. Hopefully nothing serious and he'll be good to go for the next round.

Pacers/Raptors are knotted up at two games each and Toronto has to be feeling really nervous about game 5.

Somehow (Brad Stevens) the Celtics find a way to even the series with the Hawks.

Three games scheduled for tonight, hopefully at least two of them will be close!
    Yes, hopefully Curry's MRI today shows nothing serious. It would be a real downer if this is how the 73-win team loses. I'm not rooting for GSW; in fact, I'm probably going to root for the Clips against them. BUT, not like this.

Yes, hopefully Curry's MRI today shows nothing serious. It would be a real downer if this is how the 73-win team loses. I'm not rooting for GSW; in fact, I'm probably going to root for the Clips against them. BUT, not like this.
    73 wins and Curry's injury could be correlated. The Dubs went for glory over rest. May end up biting them in the playoffs.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

73 wins and Curry's injury could be correlated. The Dubs went for glory over rest. May end up biting them in the playoffs.
    Did going for 73 wins wear out the floor moppers? I see this as a freak injury. (And what injuries did the 72-win Bulls suffer?)

Did going for 73 wins wear out the floor moppers? I see this as a freak injury. (And what injuries did the 72-win Bulls suffer?)
    yeah, this could have happened in ANY game...just a tough slide...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

It looked like a painful muscle pull to me. Terrible when a foot slides out like that.

Here is what happened. Nothing to do with needing rest or anything of the sort, just straight up Lemony Snickets.