Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Just a reminder, but JJ is continuing his Vertical Podcast throughout the playoffs:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...078782233?mt=2

His recent guest is Ben Winston, and you can definitely tell he's professional comedian vs. JJ's usual athlete guests. Lots of insights from JJ and it's interesting to see how much he's matured and become self aware during his NBA career. JJ's podcasts skills, like his shooting game, are improving and he's doing a much better job of letting his guests tell their stories. Good listen to have on in the background.

Halftime of Heat-Hornets.

The following shot chart should be unsustainable, and Charlotte should have a chance to make a comeback and win Game 2. But we'll see. (Rooting for the Dukies, so hoping Miami continues to scorch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Halftime of Heat-Hornets.

The following shot chart should be unsustainable, and Charlotte should have a chance to make a comeback and win Game 2. But we'll see. (Rooting for the Dukies, so hoping Miami continues to scorch.)

Go Heat and GoDuke!

watching matthew dellavedova....he's a tough sob...i can see why he won the gig...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    watching matthew dellavedova...he's a tough sob...i can see why he won the gig...
    Was thinking the same thing. I really like Delly. id want him as my back up PG any day.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

JJ has 8 points in the first 4 minutes of the Clips game. Not bad.

Sadly, he missed the FT after this bit of wonderfulness.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    JJ has 8 points in the first 4 minutes of the Clips game. Not bad.

Sadly, he missed the FT after this bit of wonderfulness.

This Blazers-Clips game is like watching a Duke reunion. J.J., Austin Rivers, MP2, and Gerald Henderson were all on the floor at the same time in the second quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    This Blazers-Clips game is like watching a Duke reunion. J.J., Austin Rivers, MP2, and Gerald Henderson were all on the floor at the same time in the second quarter.
    Good games all around. JJ with his usual hot start. Want to give a special shoutout to MP2, who's having a great game on O and D. Caught a bunch of his games this year and he fits really well with this team. He plays a hybrid point-forward/center. He's athletic enough to keep it fast paced with Dame and CJ but can also protect the rim. Plus, he can push the pace and bring it up court himself and I think he might have led all big men in assists. Not a bad pickup for the Blazers after LMA left. I think he'll be a major cornerstone of the 'rebuild' in Portland (one of the highest-seeded rebuilds ever, probably).

So Stanley Johnson is running his mouth... a lot...http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...ron-james-head

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    Want to give a special shoutout to MP2, who's having a great game on O and D. Caught a bunch of his games this year and he fits really well with this team. He plays a hybrid point-forward/center. He's athletic enough to keep it fast paced with Dame and CJ but can also protect the rim. Plus, he can push the pace and bring it up court himself and I think he might have led all big men in assists. Not a bad pickup for the Blazers after LMA left. I think he'll be a major cornerstone of the 'rebuild' in Portland (one of the highest-seeded rebuilds ever, probably).
    Yep. And Mason's "outstanding" play was duly noted by the TV announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    Good games all around. JJ with his usual hot start. Want to give a special shoutout to MP2, who's having a great game on O and D. Caught a bunch of his games this year and he fits really well with this team. He plays a hybrid point-forward/center. He's athletic enough to keep it fast paced with Dame and CJ but can also protect the rim. Plus, he can push the pace and bring it up court himself and I think he might have led all big men in assists. Not a bad pickup for the Blazers after LMA left. I think he'll be a major cornerstone of the 'rebuild' in Portland (one of the highest-seeded rebuilds ever, probably).
    Mason finished with 17 pts, 10 Rebs, 7 Ast, and 0 turnovers.

McCollum and Lillard combined to shoot 12-39.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    So Stanley Johnson is running his mouth... a lot...http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...ron-james-head
    When I think of players in the NBA that I'd like to give extra motivation to as an opponent, it definitely isn't the 6'8", 250lb hall of famer in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I guess he's earned the right, what with virtually shutting LBJ down and sparking a victory.
    Last edited by cato; 04-21-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Throwback to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arv-P1UyCyQ

Reggie Bullock: "Duke has sorry wing players. Andre Dawkins can't guard me. Kyrie can't guard Kendall. Singler ..."

Love how the numbers have changed now ... FIVE CHAMPIONSHIPS BABY!
    Wish they hadn't stopped him about Kyle haha

Harrison STILL comes across like a huge douche.
    Duke 5 - UNC 4*

Demarre Carroll looks much healthier and he's held down Paul George in this game. Pacers don't have enough alternate sources of scoring to compete. This series could easily end in 5.

Actually, all of the first round has been uncompetitive so far. Would not be totally surprised by the following results:

East - Cavs in 5, Raps in 5, Heat in 5, Hawks in 5
    West - GSW in 5, Spurs in 4, OKC in 5, Clips in 5

By random chance, one of these series should go to 6 games, though.

(Note: With the Warriors, if Curry continues to be out, I could see Houston stealing a game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

(Note: With the Warriors, if Curry continues to be out, I could see Houston stealing a game.)
    You don't say

i give GS a 90% chance they win last night with curry just being in on the last play...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

https://streamable.com/oage

I guess 0.7 is enough for a catch and shoot.

Nice 42-point game from Isaiah Thomas last night to deliver coach Brad Stevens his first playoff win in six tries. A scrappy effort without Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk.