Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Fool

April Fool

I opened up DBR looking for an April Fool's story and found that Dan Kane wrote another article about the UNC scandal. The picture with the story was Ol' Roy.

I guess I found the story I was looking for.

There's no fool like an ol' fool, dadgummit.

It is a bit unfair that ol' roy has a day named after him.

Men's basketball is not a target of the investigation, you guys. C'mon. From Roy's mouth to your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I opened up DBR looking for an April Fool's story and found that Dan Kane wrote another article about the UNC scandal. The picture with the story was Ol' Roy.

I guess I found the story I was looking for.
    These DBR stories used to be very clever but c'mon an entire University administration that was unaware of the rules for how many independent studies counted for graduation? Nobody is going to believe that. Next thing you are going to tell us is that players took classes with no professor graded by secretary in the Department. I expected to be fooled by a much more believable story.

Yup

Tough to make up plausible jokes when the reality is so outrageous.

Also - our Overlords, aka SBN, have strongly discouraged April Fools posts, with some stringent guidelines. It looks like Julian has opted to sit this one out.

Apparently, many of their sites have gotten themselves in trouble with their schools...

-jk

Best April fools joke ever!!

Man you had me going on this one. Very professional, even down to hacking into the N and O's web page and posting the source article. (Yes I did in fact check).

Very well done!

Making the assumption...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Also - our Overlords, aka SBN, have strongly discouraged April Fools posts, with some stringent guidelines. It looks like Julian has opted to sit this one out.

Apparently, many of their sites have gotten themselves in trouble with their schools...

-jk
    that the article isn't an April fools joke, what is the potential new impact (if any) on the football side. Does this bring new student athletes into play that weren't previously considered for past infractions and time/punishment served? If you remember, they've been preaching to recruits that they are no longer going to be impacted by any of the Shenanigans going on with the NCAA.

Hope somebody sends that article to the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Hope somebody sends that article to the NCAA.
    I'll be calling Dan Kane (local call for me ) when I get home from the office today and leaving him a voice mail, which I planned on doing anyway even before reading your post which gave me additional motivation/incentive/reminder to do that.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Dang, I'll miss the April Fool's articles. DBR's had some good ones in the past.

I think my favorite was the one sometime in the late 1990s or early 2000s, which said that the EPA would no longer allow students to erect the Krzyzewskiville tent city because it was violating the Clean Water Act. They even worked up a fake "cease and desist" letter on EPA letterhead, complete with an "EPA file number" that ended in "0401." A lot of people fell for it, and it was well into the day before everyone figured out they'd been had.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

My favorite was the one that had Coach K and Sylvia Hatchell going on Dancing with the Stars together. I'd watch the daggum heck out of that!

The monorail through Duke Forest was my favorite.

Oh, I miss those!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    My favorite was the one that had Coach K and Sylvia Hatchell going on Dancing with the Stars together. I'd watch the daggum heck out of that!
    Wish I had seen that one.

My favorite was at the height of conference mayhem, the "Duke and UNC are moving to the SEC."

Gave me douche-chills, as my neighbor would say.

I don't remember some of those! Are they archived any where?

Miss this...

Wait, so does this mean that the UConn women really DID lose to Mississippi State? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    ... It is a bit unfair that ol' roy has a day named after him.
    "BD80, you may think it is not a year, and that it is only a day, but that depends on which chair you are sitting in, because it does feel like a year to me, and that's because it is my life."