Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MBB: Duke vs. Oregon, NCAAT R16 (Thur ~2200 EDT, TBS) PreGame and Ingame Thread

You people in the eastern time zone are suckers.

Let's make cassoulet out of them!

Anyone else notice someone behind the Oregon bench throwing confetti in the air after they won?

For Oregon, the Sweet 16 is a milestone.

For Duke, the Sweet 16 is a stepping stone.

I like our chances as the underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Anyone else notice someone behind the Oregon bench throwing confetti in the air after they won?

For Oregon, the Sweet 16 is a milestone.

For Duke, the Sweet 16 is a stepping stone.

I like our chances as the underdog.
    I'm not even convinced we will be much of an underdog. A couple points maximum I would think.
    Keep in mind that ducks do not like flying south in the Spring.

Let's hope that's their last pitiful exhibition of pitifulness. Wankers.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Let's hope that's their last pitiful exhibition of pitifulness. Wankers.
    Wow. That's aggressive.

Hope we beat em, but I don't have any hard feelings towards the Ducks (unlike UK, UNC, Maryland).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

May stay home

Anaheim is about an hour away but Duke's recent record in games I have attended is pretty bad.

Think I will watch on the new TV. May go to the open practice on Wednesday.

Last game for me was 2011 against AZ and it was not a good experience. Bad traffic, Duke loses, AZ fans all over the place.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    Anaheim is about an hour away but Duke's recent record in games I have attended is pretty bad.

Last game for me was 2011 against AZ and it was not a good experience. Bad traffic, Duke loses, AZ fans all over the place.

SoCal
    I went to the Duke-Yale game this past weekend. Biggest heart attack of my life. It wasn't just the excitement of the game, but more a combination of a) the $$$ I paid for the tickets and I would have been gutted had we lost, b) the obnoxious non-Duke fans (Yale fans, Miami fans, Wichita St fans, random basketball fans) and some obnoxious Duke fans, c) the lack of booze (it really helps to calm the heart), and d) the weird atmosphere that is an NCAA game.

Not sure if I will ever go to a regional game again. If we have an awesome team and are in the FF, then that's a different question.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I went to the Duke-Yale game this past weekend. Biggest heart attack of my life. It wasn't just the excitement of the game, but more a combination of a) the $$$ I paid for the tickets and I would have been gutted had we lost, b) the obnoxious non-Duke fans (Yale fans, Miami fans, Wichita St fans, random basketball fans) and some obnoxious Duke fans, c) the lack of booze (it really helps to calm the heart), and d) the weird atmosphere that is an NCAA game.

Not sure if I will ever go to a regional game again. If we have an awesome team and are in the FF, then that's a different question.
    the one and only NCAA game I attended was the 1986 Regional Final in the Meadowlands against Navy and David Robinson. That was a special team. I went with my then fiance, (will be married 30 years this year) and it was a good time all around.

So glad I went to that game.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    the one and only NCAA game I attended was the 1986 Regional Final in the Meadowlands against Navy and David Robinson. That was a special team. I went with my then fiance, (will be married 30 years this year) and it was a good time all around.

So glad I went to that game.
    I was there too (along with many others in my case). "Nuke Duke" and "Abandon Ship!" we both highlights. It was one of my favorites.

I'm still hunting down tickets for Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    I was there too (along with many others in my case). "Nuke Duke" and "Abandon Ship!" we both highlights. It was one of my favorites.

I'm still hunting down tickets for Thursday...
    If we can get past the Ducks, I am going to try to drive down for Saturday. Usually not hard to get tickets for the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    If we can get past the Ducks, I am going to try to drive down for Saturday. Usually not hard to get tickets for the second day.
    Yup. The Sweet 16 is the much tougher ticket. But as much as I *love* this team, I don't want to have to bank on advancement to see them in action in person. We don't get games out here on the Left Coast all that often...

Yup. The Sweet 16 is the much tougher ticket. But as much as I *love* this team, I don't want to have to bank on advancement to see them in action in person. We don't get games out here on the Left Coast all that often...
    Well I have this little problem called the "end of the quarter" that gets in the way of that.

Talking Johnny blocked the Admiral...

[QUOTE]
    I was also there at the Meadowlands for that game with my 3 sons, and Matt, the youngest, then age 6, just HAD to get to the Men's room during the action; while we were in there attending to his business, we heard a tremendous ROAR, lasting a good 20 seconds... we learned about Johnny's legendary block upon returning to our seats (plenty bummed out). When SI came out following the regionals, it included a great photo of that Johnny D block, and, in the background, the crowd with our 2 empty seats glaring at us...told him that "sometimes nature calls while opportunity knocks" and we still share a laugh about it.
    Time flies, but amazing to think that Coach K has created a program that keeps cultivating thrills 30+ years later. (Matt now has 3 little Duke fans of his own)

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

SoCal
    Good plan. I have been banned from 1st Rd Duke games in NC by DU82/Devildeac and a host of others thanks to my first ever NCAA game in person (Lehigh) and my second ever NCAA game in person (Mercer). So... to the couch you go for Duke Sweet 16 games in California Mr SoCalDukeFan. Accept your ban like a gentlemen as I did kind sir.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Dang, that dude looks like a young Richard Brodhead.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I think Plumlee can get in some good 9-to-5 work in the paint in this matchup.

We've played UNC and Virginia, both better teams than the Oregon squad I watched tonight.

Looks like Friday may be a "sick" day.

I didn't see anything that made me feel like Duke can't beat that team. Play solid D, execute and make some shots, and I think Duke has a really good chance to advance.

What wine pairs well with foie gras?