Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ACC sets all time record with 6 teams in Sweet 16 with SIX!!!

The ACC just set a new record with 6 of the 16 teams left, or 37.5%. Only Syracuse as a 10 seed is truly an upset team to make it through, although Notre Dame as a 6 seed is a mild upset. UVA (1), UNC (1), Miami (3), Duke (4), ND (6) and Syracuse (10) round out the cast.
    The ACC is just crushing every other conference, by pretty much any metric you wanna use. 12-1 record, 3 upset wins to one loss (which was expected by seed), 7 overall teams. And this is a better performance than last year! Although this is supposed to be a down year relative to others (not sure how that gets decided, maybe mostly due to the Fr. class?), i think it's safe to say that the ACC is the best in the country!
    Let's use this as a thread to discuss the remaining ACC teams.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    The ACC just set a new record with 6 of the 16 teams left, or 37.5%. Only Syracuse as a 10 seed is truly an upset team to make it through, although Notre Dame as a 6 seed is a mild upset. UVA (1), UNC (1), Miami (3), Duke (4), ND (6) and Syracuse (10) round out the cast.
    The ACC is just crushing every other conference, by pretty much any metric you wanna use. 12-1 record, 3 upset wins to one loss (which was expected by seed), 7 overall teams. And this is a better performance than last year! Although this is supposed to be a down year relative to others (not sure how that gets decided, maybe mostly due to the Fr. class?), i think it's safe to say that the ACC is the best in the country!
    Let's use this as a thread to discuss the remaining ACC teams.
    Very cool. And a pretty solid chance to put a minimum of 3 teams in the Final 8, with more than a good chance to put more than that number in there. Going to be a run round for ACC Fans.

And Maryland has a team with most of its experience playing in the ACC.

Let's call it 6 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Let's call it 6 1/2.
    "Let my Terp-pins gooooo."

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Very cool. And a pretty solid chance to put a minimum of 3 teams in the Final 8, with more than a good chance to put more than that number in there. Going to be a run round for ACC Fans.
    Yeah the ACC should be favored in two games for sure, with the other four being toss-ups. It is not at all out of the question to get 6 of the 8 Elite-8 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah the ACC should be favored in two games for sure, with the other four being toss-ups. It is not at all out of the question to get 6 of the 8 Elite-8 spots.
    Maybe, but I would dearly love to get rid of the unnch cheaters

Some in the media are tying themselves up in knots trying to downplay the ACC getting 6 teams in Sweet 16. Their argument? ACC's tourney strength of schedule is bad because of the upsets in a single elimination tournament. It is quite funny to follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Some in the media are tying themselves up in knots trying to downplay the ACC getting 6 teams in Sweet 16. Their argument? ACC's tourney strength of schedule is bad because of the upsets in a single elimination tournament. It is quite funny to follow on Twitter.
    There is also something to be said for the ACC teams NOT being upset.

Let's call it 6 1/2.
    Let's not:

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    There is also something to be said for the ACC teams NOT being upset.
    That is the same argument of the 5 sane people on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Agree but I believe its also possible only 1 makes it as well.

The matchups against UVA & CHeats are tough. Miami game is a draw. Duke, ND, and Cuse will be underdogs. Zags will run cuse out. Unfortunately, CHeats have the best chance and may be the only team to make it out. Miami has the 2nd best chance, IMO. ND has the third, then UVA, Duke, and Cuse last.

Duke's chances!

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Agree but I believe its also possible only 1 makes it as well.

The matchups against UVA & CHeats are tough. Miami game is a draw. Duke, ND, and Cuse will be underdogs. Zags will run cuse out. Unfortunately, CHeats have the best chance and may be the only team to make it out. Miami has the 2nd best chance, IMO. ND has the third, then UVA, Duke, and Cuse last.
    Survive and advance..........One game at a time...GoDuke!!!!

I only see 3 ACC teams in that list...
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

I guess my ACC roots don't run as deep as others (I graduated from Duke in '04 and, though a Duke fan prior to attending Duke, I didn't grow up in North Carolina or otherwise have it drilled into my head), but I'm not all that concerned with other ACC teams. I would have been happier to see UNC bounced by Providence and ND bounced by SFA (because I can't stand UNC and this ND is particularly irksome).
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quite an accomplishment indeed! I personally would rather have seen SFA make it over ND. They came so very close. The tournament is even better with an relatively unknown team with an unusual player, and SFA was a really good team that would have added just a bit more spice to the menu.

There are no easy matchups at this stage anymore. ACC could get 6 in the Elite Eight - could get zero. NC, UVA, Syracuse, and Notre Dame will all likely be favorites due to being higher seeds. The only one I think doesn't make it is the Orange. The only ones I hope don't make it are the Orange and the Cheaters.

Interesting article about the financial impact of the success thus far - who needs football to pay the bills!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...nament-success

Also, we would possibly be doing even better if not for the administration of Louisville pulling the plug on their season.

Quote Originally Posted by NM Duke Fan View Post
    Quite an accomplishment indeed! I personally would rather have seen SFA make it over ND. They came so very close. The tournament is even better with an relatively unknown team with an unusual player, and SFA was a really good team that would have added just a bit more spice to the menu.
    I agree with the ND and UNC sentiment, for sure. Both of them losing would have been just fine, especially the Cheaters.

But making lemonade out of lemons is the thing to do. It makes our conference look good, and puts egg on the faces of the talking heads who always bash the ACC. If the conference puts at least four in the final 8, it will take an awful lot of squirming and axle grease for 'Eye-Test' Barkley and his friends to avoid the awful truth. Maybe they can write a primer on how to remove one's head from...
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    There are no easy matchups at this stage anymore. ACC could get 6 in the Elite Eight - could get zero. NC, UVA, Syracuse, and Notre Dame will all likely be favorites due to being higher seeds. The only one I think doesn't make it is the Orange. The only ones I hope don't make it are the Orange and the Cheaters.
    If I had to choose between six in the EE or zero...I'm sorry but I'm going to be chearing for ZERO. Someone, anyone, please beat the Cheats!

Let's call it 6 1/2.
    Please, let's not! IMO, those are not ACC level fans.