Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Indiana Jones and call your doctor if this film last more than four hours.

Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Reverse Home Mortgage

Indiana Jones and the Vegetable Plate at K&W

Indiana Jones and the Senior Coffee & Sausage Biscuit

Indiana Jones and the Quest for Old Glory Robot Insurance
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

First three movies were set in the 1930's. Skull in 50's. Lets say the next is set in the 60's.

Indiana Jones and the Summer of Love.

Indy must find the rumored Tolocan Palace, created for the native american god of love and fertility, rumored to be in California. He is teamed up with Janis Joplin (Melissa McCarthy) and both must endure(?) the world of sex, drugs, and rock and roll to uncover the whereabouts of the hidden palace. Los Angeles Police officers Cagney and Lacey, working undercover, stumble upon Indy's search, and while aiding him use their considerable crime-fighting skills to uncover a greater plot of destabilizing the country by radicalizing the countrys' youth with LSD. Drugged and unable to speak, they must mime the presence of the plot to Indy while they are onstage at Monterrey with Janis. The mime is supposedly the inspiration for Paul McCartney to write Hey Jude.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    First three movies were set in the 1930's. Skull in 50's. Lets say the next is set in the 60's.

Indiana Jones and the Summer of Love.

Indy must find the rumored Tolocan Palace, created for the native american god of love and fertility, rumored to be in California. He is teamed up with Janis Joplin (Melissa McCarthy) and both must endure(?) the world of sex, drugs, and rock and roll to uncover the whereabouts of the hidden palace. Los Angeles Police officers Cagney and Lacey, working undercover, stumble upon Indy's search, and while aiding him use their considerable crime-fighting skills to uncover a greater plot of destabilizing the country by radicalizing the countrys' youth with LSD. Drugged and unable to speak, they must mime the presence of the plot to Indy while they are onstage at Monterrey with Janis. The mime is supposedly the inspiration for Paul McCartney to write Hey Jude.
    Indiana Jones v. Austin Powers. The REAL Civil War.

Bad News?

One of the two writers for Indy and the Crystal Skull is penning Indy 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Bad News?

One of the two writers for Indy and the Crystal Skull is penning Indy 5.
    Does that mean it will only be half as bad as Crystal Skull, or only <shudder> half as good?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    Does that mean it will only be half as bad as Crystal Skull, or only <shudder> half as good?
    You know, maybe the guy we are getting back was tied up in a closet and not allowed to say anything about...

• Surviving a nuclear blast in a refrigerator
    • Shia swinging from vines like Tarzan
    • The multiple gigantic water falls they survived without a scratch
    • Giant carnivorous ants
    • The aliens and their skulls

-Jason "of course, that would leave him contributing pretty much nothing to the movie, so, well... it is unlikely" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You know, maybe the guy we are getting back was tied up in a closet and not allowed to say anything about...

• Surviving a nuclear blast in a refrigerator
    • Shia swinging from vines like Tarzan
    • The multiple gigantic water falls they survived without a scratch
    • Giant carnivorous ants
    • The aliens and their skulls

-Jason "of course, that would leave him contributing pretty much nothing to the movie, so, well... it is unlikely" Evans
    I know the list is SO much longer than this, but I would feel compelled to watch the movie again to compile the list, and it just isn't worth that torture.

Indy 4 truly was an abomination, but I'm ok with them trying again and again until they get it right. No one's going to ruin my enjoyment of the original movies.

I'm sure people were saying the same thing about more and more Rocky movies, until they finally made something decent with Creed. Same with the Star Wars movies, until they basically remade A New Hope into The Force Awakens.

Maybe they'll get one of the Alien sequels right one of these days. Maybe they'll get Indiana Jones right again, too. To be fair, they've only swung and missed once. I think they deserve another shot. And if you try enough times, you're bound to get something right eventually. Someone is going to make a decent Superman movie one of these days. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes a 15 seed beats a 2 seed. A 16 seed will win one of these years. Try and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I know the list is SO much longer than this, but I would feel compelled to watch the movie again to compile the list, and it just isn't worth that torture.
    Oh, I did not mean for this to feel like a complete list. These were just a few of the ones that came to mind quickly. I've seen the film only 1 time and will not watch it again... zero percent chance.

-Jason "I wish Spielberg had said he was making 5 to fix the wrongs of 4... like he did when he made Raiders 3 to appologize for the awfulness of Raiders 2" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

-Jason "I wish Spielberg had said he was making 5 to fix the wrongs of 4... like he did when he made Raiders 3 to appologize for the awfulness of Raiders 2" Evans
    I just realized that the Indy films are just like the Star Trek films, only in reverse.

I just realized that the Indy films are just like the Star Trek films, only in reverse.
    Maybe if we watch Indy 2 and Indy 4 in reverse they would be better.

I have to say that the mocking old age stuff in this thread ranks up there with the comments on the prowess of Patrick Davidson thread IMVHO.😂 I also would like to add that I really did have to run through the alphabet to come up with the correct Davidson. True.😩

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Indy 4 truly was an abomination
    If you want to talk about an absolutely awful movie, go see Nebraska. When my significant other and her friends asks if I want to see some "nominated for something" movie, I always ask if it's better than Nebraska. They know that's way below my standard for something tolerable to see.

I always suspend belief when I see an action movie, that way I can say "Hey! It was pretty smart of Indy to get into that refrigerator before the nuke went off!"

And on that note, GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com