Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Is it available on demand then, or are you time warping??
    Crud... I meant to say 26 hours, not 16 hours. Typo not time warp

Now 8 hours, 35 minutes...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Can hardly wait.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate these people who make Game of Thrones?

This has to be the fastest 60 minutes in TV history. At the end of each episode I'm always left screaming NOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Have I ever mentioned how much I hate these people who make Game of Thrones?

This has to be the fastest 60 minutes in TV history. At the end of each episode I'm always left screaming NOOOOOOOO!
    I totally agree. I want to stop watching the season, wait until it's over and then binge!!

In a show that has always pushed the envelope with nudity, can I just say that the final scene went too far. Eeeeeeewwwww!! I will never be able to not see that when Melisandra gets naked... and she gets naked a lot!

In other news, nothing was resolved with any of the main storylines. That's ok. I do wonder though, how did Theon and Sansa survive the jump?

-Jason "so, who now rules Dorne? Is it Elleria? And how did she know none of the other guards would come to the king's aid when she attacked him? I knew he was too lenient with her defiance last season" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

In other news, nothing was resolved with any of the main storylines. That's ok. I do wonder though, how did Theon and Sansa survive the jump?
    If I remember correctly, in the books the snow banks were significant enough to break their fall.

I put it in the category of "don't think about it too hard."

Worth noting -- once something has aired on TV, it is no longer a spoiler, so we can talk about it. Agreed?

I wish the first episode was two hours.i just didnt get enough out of that one.minus the flap jacks at the end.

In a show that has always pushed the envelope with nudity, can I just say that the final scene went too far. Eeeeeeewwwww!! I will never be able to not see that when Melisandra gets naked... and she gets naked a lot!

-Jason "so, who now rules Dorne? Is it Elleria? And how did she know none of the other guards would come to the king's aid when she attacked him? I knew he was too lenient with her defiance last season" Evans
    Well it wouldn't be much of a season if story lines got wrapped up in episode 1. I am glad they showed all the characters though (except Bran again) cause I thought for sure they wouldnt show us Jon episode 1.

Yeah that candid shot of Melisandra was somthing I would have loved to have to seen. I'm still betting she gives up her life to revive Jon Snow and that's why we got a shot of her old age.

I think that that woman (Oberyns lover) now rules. Not sure really but it's baaaad news for Westeros cause they all have been pushing for war since day 1.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Watching the final scene right before bed was not an experience I'd recommend.

Melisandre's advanced age is hinted at in the books, so I guess that theory has been confirmed. I thought the point of the awkward bath scene in Season 4 (in which Mel flaunts herself to Selyse) was to demonstrate that the show was not going down this path, because she was notably not wearing her necklace there. I probably gave the showrunners too much credit, however, as now that bath scene just seems like a massive continuity error that was thrown in for boobs, and only boobs. Sigh.

Anyway, this reveal is curious for its timing. Hopefully it serves some purpose (other than pure shock value) and will help explain whatever powers Melisandre is about to use now that Davos has shown his willingness to weaponize her.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    and will help explain whatever powers Melisandre is about to use now that Davos has shown his willingness to weaponize her.
    Wait, do you think that loyal Night's Watch guy who Davos sent off for help was going to get Melisandre or to get the Wildlings? I thought he was headed to round up some Wildling supporters.

-Jason "was that a real old lady or CGI? Please let it be CGI" Evans

Wait, do you think that loyal Night's Watch guy who Davos sent off for help was going to get Melisandre or to get the Wildlings? I thought he was headed to round up some Wildling supporters.

Dolorous Edd was off to enlist the help of the Wildlings. But right before cutting to Melisandre, Davos was explaining to the others in the room that she has special powers that they may be able to use.

Night's Watchman: "It's a sad f*cking statement if Dolorous Edd is our only chance."
    Davos: "There's always the Red Woman."
    Night's Watchman: "What's one redhead gonna do against 40 armed men?"
    Davos: "You haven't seen her do what I've seen her do."

EDIT: Added quotes.
    Last edited by El_Diablo; 04-25-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Mel's abilities have been taking a bit of a hit these past few seasons. I mean think back to Season 2, first she drinks a whole cup of poison as if it were nothing and then she births the shadow monster. I'm sure those two events used up a lot of her mojo, which could explain why so many of her predictions haven't panned out like she would have hoped since then.

Maybe she has one more trick up her sleeve, oops I mean under her gown to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Mel's abilities have been taking a bit of a hit these past few seasons. I mean think back to Season 2, first she drinks a whole cup of poison as if it were nothing and then she births the shadow monster. I'm sure those two events used up a lot of her mojo, which could explain why so many of her predictions haven't panned out like she would have hoped since then.

Maybe she has one more trick up her sleeve, oops I mean under her gown to play.
    In Season 5, she said her visions were of the Bolton banners being lowered over Winterfell. In this past episode, she said "I saw him [Jon Snow] in the flames fighting at Winterfell." Neither one has been completely disproven yet; it's possible she was misinterpreting them based on a faulty assumption that Stannis was the one true king, but they may yet pan out.

Who's the leader in charge of the Mereen revolt that Varys referenced? No point in mentioning that if it's a nameless character with no connection to anyone we've ever met, right? Daario, Hizdahr, or someone else?

My own theory about Melisandre and Snow: Melisandre was basing her actions on the belief that Stannis was the true king. Her use of his daughter as a sacrifice was under that theory, thus making his daughter royal blood. Obviously, that didn't work out. Well, now she reveals that she saw Snow fighting in Winterfell. And we see she is very old, likely near the end of her life. I believe she will sacrifice the rest of her life to use the power of the Lord of Light to bring Jon back. Why? Because she's looking for a king to stop the White Walkers. A king who cannot be burned by fire. Perhaps a Targaryan. Despite the gratuitous young Melisandre boob and butt shot followed by the shock value old lady (hey honey, shows over, you in the mood?), I think the writers just set up the return of Jon Snow. And when he's up, and Edd's back with the wildlings, the almost extinct Night's Watch will be no more. Which is fine, because it's hardly a functional fighting force now. Probably better for Jon to take the wildlings to liberate Winterfell, and unite them with the Sansa and the North...just in time to pledge them to Aunt Danaerys and her dragons :-)

It was pretty clear to me that he was going to round up Wildings.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    My own theory about Melisandre and Snow: Melisandre was basing her actions on the belief that Stannis was the true king. Her use of his daughter as a sacrifice was under that theory, thus making his daughter royal blood. Obviously, that didn't work out. Well, now she reveals that she saw Snow fighting in Winterfell. And we see she is very old, likely near the end of her life. I believe she will sacrifice the rest of her life to use the power of the Lord of Light to bring Jon back. Why? Because she's looking for a king to stop the White Walkers. A king who cannot be burned by fire. Perhaps a Targaryan. Despite the gratuitous young Melisandre boob and butt shot followed by the shock value old lady (hey honey, shows over, you in the mood?), I think the writers just set up the return of Jon Snow. And when he's up, and Edd's back with the wildlings, the almost extinct Night's Watch will be no more. Which is fine, because it's hardly a functional fighting force now. Probably better for Jon to take the wildlings to liberate Winterfell, and unite them with the Sansa and the North...just in time to pledge them to Aunt Danaerys and her dragons :-)
    I think it's quite possible we find out Jon Snow is actually a Targaryn. Perhaps his body will be burned and he will rise from the ashes?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I think it's quite possible we find out Jon Snow is actually a Targaryn. Perhaps his body will be burned and he will rise from the ashes?
    I can buy a lot of magic on the show -- heck, we've seen people rise from the dead all sorts of ways and this is a show with dragons and abominable snowmen (sorta) in it -- but I will be quite disappointed if we find out that Targaryns can be resurrected by burning their bodies. That just feels like a cop-out and something that would have been made known before now. I mean, funeral pyres for kings and others are pretty common so I'd think a Targaryn had been burned before now.

I'm trying to recall, was Jorah Mormont surprised when Days walked out of Khal Drago's funeral pyre? I think he was. I don't think resistance to fire is all that common, even among the Targaryn clan.

-Jason "I could be wrong -- I didn't read the books so I may be missing a lot of stuff" Evans