We need a new thread for the new season (coming soon, in about a month). I actually think the TV show breaking from the books will be good as there will be no such thing as spoilers to ruin the surprises.

As for me, my family just finished binge-watching the first 5 seasons. Awesome! So, now I am caught up with all of you. First of all, I am sure everyone has seen the new trailer that hit the internet a few days ago.
https://youtu.be/CuH3tJPiP-U

The trailer makes a few things clear:
1. Daenerys has been captured by the Dothraki. She is not being hailed as their ruler and anyone who thought she would was not watching the same show I was. Clearly Jorah and Daario will have to rescue her. I wonder if Jorah's fatal Greyscale will impact them?
2. John Snow is dead... but it sure feels like Davos is dead set on defending his body and keeping it from being burnt. I'd make a large wager that Melisandre has told Davos that she can raise Jon Snow from the dead. As an aside, the Night's Watch oath says, "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death..." so if John is brought back he is free to do whatever he wants... including leading an army to take back Winterfell.
3. Sansa is definitely alive, not that there is any surprise in that.
4. "I choose violence" is one of the great lines EVER. The Zombie Mountain is going to smash The Faith soldiers. Lancell Lannister may not be long for this world.
5. Bran is back and is seeing visions of the Night's King (how/why did he get that name? Why can't he just be the King of the White Walkers?).
6. Everyone is buzzing that there appear to be a couple flashback scenes in the trailer that show a very young Ned Stark leading a raid on the Targaryans in an attempt to rescue his sister, Lyanna. As most of you know, the hot rumor is that Lyanna was pregnant and gave birth to a Targaryan heir before she died. Ned takes that child and raises him as his own, but hides his identity as the bastard John Snow.

-Jason "I was reading the old threads... Stannis is not alive. Brienne killed him, I'm sure of it." Evans