WBC, anybody watching?

Final tonight, Puerto Rico v. U.S. I'm listening in Spanish- live in P.R. for 2 years and am trying to see how much I can understand. Think I got the Adam Jones part

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Final tonight, Puerto Rico v. U.S. I'm listening in Spanish- live in P.R. for 2 years and am trying to see how much I can understand. Think I got the Adam Jones part
    World Beer Championship?

World Beer Cup?

“Thank you berry much. Baseball been berry, berry good to me. Thank you. God bless you. Gracias!”
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Stroman's still pitching. I suppose that's all I can mention.

I don't watch enough baseball as I have never seen Neshek pitch. He has a most interesting delivery.

Looks like ratings have been terrible ... as a marketing strategy, I can't think it was a good idea to go head-to-head with the NCAA basketball tournament.

Intrigued by the fact that ESPN broadcast the championship game in Spanish -- I suspect that the Latino audience is bigger than the English-speaking audience. There was an English version on the MLB Network, but that doesn't reach nearly as many TV sets as ESPN.

I was glad to see Duke's Marcus Stroman pitch the US to victory -- six no-hit innings in an 8-0 US win.

And he was named MVP.

I went here in San Diego at Petco Park and watched the US semi-final and the final on the MLB network. I thought the WBC was terrific. We surely saw a better team here in San Diego than we'll see during the season. Stroman was fantastic last night and was an engaging interview after the game.

Uninterested. Just an injury risk scenario affecting my team's reps. (Overworking Familia - who will get an extended rest I guess anyhow soon - and Didi)

That said, glad the USA won, but didn't really care.