View Poll Results: Who will win the East Regional of the 2016 NCAA Tournament?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 UNC

13 22.03%
  • #2 Xavier

8 13.56%
  • #3 West VA

12 20.34%
  • #4 Kentucky

18 30.51%
  • #5 Indiana

4 6.78%
  • #6 Notre Dame

2 3.39%
  • #7 Wisconsin

1 1.69%
  • #8 USC

0 0%
  • #9 Providence

1 1.69%
  • #10 Pitt

0 0%
  • #11 TBD

0 0%
  • #12 Chattanooga

0 0%
  • #13 Stony Brook

0 0%
  • #14 S. F. Austin

0 0%
  • Someone else (put team in post)

0 0%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

NCCAT: East Region Discussion Thread (Cheaters/Hoosiers, ND/Bucky)

This is the collector thread for the East Regional contests for the first two weekends of the NCAA Men's Tournament. It's also for picking who you think will win the region.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-17-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I think this region is soft-ish at the #1 and #2 (sorry X), but strong in the teams that immediately follow. I think 3 (WVU,) or 4 (KY) takes it.

I can't see UNC not winning this, but I can't make myself vote for them either. KEntucky is too young and inconsistent. West Virginia is a battle to play against but terrible offensively. Xavier is the most over seeded team in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    I can't see UNC not winning this, but I can't make myself vote for them either. KEntucky is too young and inconsistent. West Virginia is a battle to play against but terrible offensively. Xavier is the most over seeded team in the tournament.
    Agree. This regional is a cakewalk for UNC. Dang. Hopefully someone will knock them out in the final 4!

Interesting to see multiple ACC teams in this bracket. Kentucky should meet UNC in the 2nd week and West Va ti reach the final 4. This is a very strong bracket and several strong teams will beat each other up in this region. UNC is now playing good defense and while their outside shooting is suspect, they have experience, size, athleticism and depth so I reluctantly put them into the final 4.

This is a great draw matchup wise for the cheats. Roy would say that is horse manure... but it is. Xavier is by far the weakest #2. The cheats just have too much for a wildly inconsistent UK team coming from a weak conference. WVU likes to press you and keep the pace quick. That plays right into the cheats hands, would probably blow them out.

The cheats are an easy pick here. No #1 seed has an easier path.

It's a damned shame the organizers couldn't put the COI in the cheaters region .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    This is a great draw matchup wise for the cheats. Roy would say that is horse manure... but it is. Xavier is by far the weakest #2. The cheats just have too much for a wildly inconsistent UK team coming from a weak conference. WVU likes to press you and keep the pace quick. That plays right into the cheats hands, would probably blow them out.

Here's hoping UK brings their A game for UNC... and then falls asleep in the Elite-8. The Wildcats will have the two best players on the court. If they are dialed in, they can beat the Heels.

Having to root for Kentucky, even gains the Heels, is its own level of Hell.

But I gotta do what I gotta do.

can we change the title of the thread to "EAST REGION-UNC's CAKEWALK TO THE FINAL FOUR"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    can we change the title of the thread to "EAST REGION-UNC's CAKEWALK TO THE FINAL FOUR"
    My bracket will have Kentucky and West Virginia playing to see who goes to Houston. So I'd vote no on the cakewalk title.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It's a damned shame the organizers couldn't put the COI in the cheaters region .
    Gotta give credit to some delusional IC'ers for some funny stuff. One thread titled "NCAA announces UNC's bracket as AFAM punishment."
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Gotta give credit to some delusional IC'ers for some funny stuff. One thread titled "NCAA announces UNC's bracket as AFAM punishment."
    Well after seeing their coach throw so many 3rd person pity parties, this is to be expected.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Have we already forgotten Kentucky's '11 and '14 seasons? The '14 team finished the season 5-5 and lost 10 games overall yet played for a natty.

I hate to say it but Calipari seems to get these young teams playing well in the tourney. Since Feb 6th this Kentucky team is 10-2 with one of those losses being by 2 pts in OT to A&M. UNC is 9-3 since Feb 6th.

Don't forget that they also beat Duke and Louisville early in the season...a couple teams that beat UNC late in the season. I don't see UNC easily winning this one, and I won't be shocked if either team gets blown out. I say it's a toss up.

Toughest region by far, IMO. That 4 vs. 5 game could be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post

I would be shocked if UNC does not make it. The sweet 16 game could be the most pressure packed if against KY, however. UNC has handled KY well in the past- but KY is very dangerous. They have athletes and talent to match UNC at every position. Most teams do not. That said KY has to get there and their inconsistency will come into play.

Providence is a Cinderella

Of course me saying that Providence is a Cinderella will probably end up blowing up in my face and they will use to USC, however I'm going to run with this while I can.

Providence is a super talented team with Bentil up front, but he has to stay out of foul trouble and if they play UNC, he'll give Brice Johnson a fit. Kris Dunn is one of the best guards in the country and does a little bit of everything, he kind of reminds me of John Wall and I expect him to takeover close games in the tournament and score in bunches if needed. All of that being said, IF they get to UNC it will be a damn good game and a TOUGH game for UNC. Only thing that worries me in the depth Providence has.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I would be shocked if UNC does not make it. The sweet 16 game could be the most pressure packed if against KY, however. UNC has handled KY well in the past- but KY is very dangerous. They have athletes and talent to match UNC at every position. Most teams do not. That said KY has to get there and their inconsistency will come into play.
    Yeah, KY is one of the few teams UNC didn't want to see. Ulis and Murray are better than Paige/Berry and while KY has tended to go small with Willis as the 5th player (stretch 4), they certainly have the pieces to stay purely big as well. Granted KY hasn't play well away from home, but even a game in Philly is going to be 50% KY fans.

Kentucky is holding a "craft sale" to help its fans make it to the tourney. I saw the catalog the university put out. It's mostly made up of mounted fish on decoupage American flag backgrounds. Some John Wayne black velvet things. Then I came across this needlepoint wall hanging:

She can lead you to love
    She can take you or leave you
    She can ask for the truth
    But she'll never believe
    And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
    Yeah, she steals like a thief
    But she's always a sister to me

That's a $200 item, but you get a tupperware of catfish stink bait with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Here's hoping UK brings their A game for UNC... and then falls asleep in the Elite-8. The Wildcats will have the two best players on the court. If they are dialed in, they can beat the Heels.
    UK has been playing very as well as UNC has the past few weeks.

I think UK takes the game should they meet up. They match size well and have as much depth as UNC.