Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OJ Simpson murder weapon found?

This is almost impossible to believe...
    In another twist in the long-running O.J. Simpson saga, Los Angeles police are investigating and testing a knife that was recovered on property once owned by the former football star.

The knife was apparently turned over to a police officer a number of years ago by a person working construction at the property, a law enforcement source said. Detectives more recently learned of the knife's existence and are now investigating where it came from.

Finding the knife that killed the two victims had been an obsession of police and others in the wake of the 1994 murders. Authorities searched for the murder weapon for months after the slayings, and there have been many leads that went cold.
    -Jason "not that it would matter -- double jep" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Now that you're free of the shackles of a news organization, I can understand the headline free of disclaimer, but perhaps it should be "Brown Simpson/Goldman murder weapon found?"

I guess technically they have to investigate the possibility that the knife could provide DNA evidence leading to a suspect other than OJ.

Spoiler alert: It won't.

This is the only conceivable news story that could knock Donald Trump off the air.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This is the only conceivable news story that could knock Donald Trump off the air.
    Rumor has it that there's a Trump fingerprint on it. Or there isn't.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You mean until Trump comes out and says "Hey, I don't admire OJ, but at least he had strength, you know?"

The knife's not bloody, just all muddy.
    13643268_ori.jpg

Glad the L.A.P.D. does not "protect and serve" me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    You mean until Trump comes out and says "Hey, I don't admire OJ, but at least he had strength, you know?"
    To be followed by....."and you know I have bigger hands than OJ...and you know what that means".

The show is exhausting to watch. A real marathon cringe.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Discuss.
    Or a Kardashian fingerprint...

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Discuss.
    I heard it was a small handprint

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    I heard it was a small handprint
    Undoubtedly made by little Marco in one last attempt...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Undoubtedly made by little Marco in one last attempt...
    Alas, he forgot that Trump could murder someone and not lose a single voter. Now if instead Trump had hired an illegal immigrant to do it for him...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Alas, he forgot that Trump could murder someone and not lose a single voter. Now if instead Trump had hired an illegal immigrant to do it for him...
    Do I have to pull out the routine from "A Few Good Men" again? So soon?

Trump: "... we live in a world should have walls, and those walls should be guarded by men with guns. ... And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to build that wall, you need me to build that wall."

I really wish that didn't sound so much like a real quote, or sound reasonable to so many people.

Uh-oh! No laughing allowed! Stop that giggling!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Trump would NEVER hire an illegal immigrant!

Oh wait...

Back to the thread subject. So the LAPD is apparently now saying no, this doesn't appear to be the murder weapon. No POSSIBLE chance this was planted there as a hoax to stir up interest in the cheesy looking OJ made-for-TV movie airing right about now?

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    ... No POSSIBLE chance this was planted there as a hoax to stir up interest in the cheesy looking OJ made-for-TV movie airing right about now?
    Nah.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

OJ will be getting out next week. Florida is trying to keep him from coming there to live.
    Among other things, they claim he is a threat to the manatee population.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "not that it would matter -- double jep" Evans
    not to mention chain of custody?

Hard to imagine it would change anyone's mind.