Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Welcome to Duke, Jack White

Evan Daniels just tweeted that Jack White has committed to Duke.

Glad to hear it. Best wishes !!

Welcome aboard, mate! I've got some hopes for this kid, I think he has chance to be really solid player in a few years. Looking forward to watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Welcome aboard, mate! I've got some hopes for this kid, I think he has chance to be really solid player in a few years. Looking forward to watching him.
    Still room for Amile next year - right?

Oh great, Duke's NEXT hated White player.

Welcome home, Jack!

welcome to duke, mate...!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

See if this Twitter link works.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

A seven Nation army couldn't hold him back.

Welcome.

He's a big lad!

Duke Blue Devils have added Aussie, Jack White to their 2016 class. White is a 6-6, 230 pound wing player who has until this point played his basketball career in Australia.

The White family informed Duke Coach Mike Krzzyewski of his decision on Thursday. White will now learn future skills at the highest level of college basketball.

He joins a recruiting class that features Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Javin DeLaurier and Franks Jackson. Duke is still recruiting Marques Bolden as well. Bolden recently said he would be making his decision within a month.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2016/03/j...mmits-to-duke/

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Still room for Amile next year - right?
    Not sure. As it stands now, if Amile and Grayson come back, and Brandon leaves for the NBA, we'd be one over the limit with 14 scholarship players.

Jack White
    Javin DeLaurier
    Frank Jackson
    Harry Giles
    Jayson Tatum
    Chase Jeter
    Luke Kennard
    Derryck Thornton
    Antonio Vrankovic
    Justin Robinson
    Grayson Allen
    Sean Obi
    Matt Jones
    Amile Jefferson

Am I missing anything?
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Not sure. As it stands now, if Amile and Grayson come back, and Brandon leaves for the NBA, we'd be one over the limit with 14 scholarship players.

Jack White
    Javin DeLaurier
    Frank Jackson
    Harry Giles
    Jayson Tatum
    Chase Jeter
    Luke Kennard
    Derryck Thornton
    Antonio Vrankovic
    Justin Robinson
    Grayson Allen
    Sean Obi
    Matt Jones
    Amile Jefferson

Am I missing anything?
    Robinson was not brought in as a scholarship player. He happened to get one this year because we had some to spare. He will not have a scholarship next year in that scenario where Allen and Jefferson return.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Robinson was not brought in as a scholarship player. He happened to get one this year because we had some to spare. He will not have a scholarship next year in that scenario where Allen and Jefferson return.
    Right, but now it's really either Jefferson or Bolden (or neither). There's no room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Right, but now it's really either Jefferson or Bolden (or neither). There's no room for both.
    Just to repeat what I was told a week ago -- if Jefferson redshirts, that eliminates the chance of getting Bolden. No guarantee of getting Bolden if Jefferson leaves -- but the chances are very good.

The source that told me this also told me that 100 percent chance of getting Jack White if Duke offered. He was right about that.

About where would he have been ranked if he were American?

Very good news. Aussie's can really play. I like his size. Let's get Bolden and bring back Amile. Next season we have a very good chance of #6. I would recommend better foot and ankle conditioning techniques. There have been too many injuries lately. I know it comes frequently in a sport like basketball,but Duke seems to have a much higher % of these injuries than many other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Just to repeat what I was told a week ago -- if Jefferson redshirts, that eliminates the chance of getting Bolden. No guarantee of getting Bolden if Jefferson leaves -- but the chances are very good.

The source that told me this also told me that 100 percent chance of getting Jack White if Duke offered. He was right about that.
    Yeah, I can't imagine Bolden wanting to come to Duke and play very limited minutes behind Jefferson and Giles. So while it is true that the scholarship situation precludes both (assuming nobody leaves but Ingram), that is probably a moot point in practical terms.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine Bolden wanting to come to Duke and play very limited minutes behind Jefferson and Giles. So while it is true that the scholarship situation precludes both (assuming nobody leaves but Ingram), that is probably a moot point in practical terms.
    Yeah. And I mean, healthy 5th year senior with all ACC potential vs unproven freshmen who wants to be one and done anyway... seems like a no lose scenario for us if Amile redshirts and comes back.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post
    About where would he have been ranked if he were American?
    Not sure, but he would rank clockwise and not counter-clockwise.