Duke Alumni Directory

Has something happened to the Duke Alumni Directory? I was trying to check an address, and got a error that the page was no longer there.

I've been using this for years: https://www.alumniconnections.com/ol.../DUKE/hsearch/

thanks,

-jk

This talks about some new "OneLink" account: https://alumni.duke.edu/ "This site uses the new OneLink account, a replacement for the Alumni Directory login."

I've always been amazed how much information is available via the Duke alumni directory, and that the default apparently is for the posting of information, and one has to take steps to keep information private.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    ...I've always been amazed how much information is available via the Duke alumni directory, and that the default apparently is for the posting of information, and one has to take steps to keep information private.
    Yes, but aren't we all just the best of chums? No need to hid your personal info, right? joking, joking
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Thanks! I totally missed that. Creating a new login was a breeze.

I do have to say the new site is way more cumbersome than the old one. I hope they're working on improvements...

-jk

alumni directory

It's a shame. I'm a Duke Medical alumni and have gotten into collecting autographs of previous Duke players (60s-90s) and the directory was great source for me. Guess I'll have to find another source.

That was interesting

I've been an AAAC Chair for years and consequently used AIMS often, but have just gotten around to checking out the new Duke Alumni Directory site. I was startled to learn that since 2002, I've held a job title in a field in which I have not worked, at a company I quit working for in 1998. Fail.

Also, given that the vast majority of spam I get is addressed to my lifetime Duke email account (which is just a forwarding service), I'm selecting as much privacy stuff on that directory as I can.

You all may want to check it to see where they're saying you work. You might be surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    I've been an AAAC Chair for years and consequently used AIMS often, but have just gotten around to checking out the new Duke Alumni Directory site. I was startled to learn that since 2002, I've held a job title in a field in which I have not worked, at a company I quit working for in 1998. Fail.

Also, given that the vast majority of spam I get is addressed to my lifetime Duke email account (which is just a forwarding service), I'm selecting as much privacy stuff on that directory as I can.

You all may want to check it to see where they're saying you work. You might be surprised!
    I was surprised at what was listed. I had a job title that was similar to, but definitely not what I entered years ago -- and one word was misspelled! This was for the position I left in 2001, yet labeled as presently working there. When I corrected it, I had two instances of the corrected version. Fail.

There doesn't seem to be any place for affinity groups. Nowhere to put in sports teams, dorms, clubs, etc. Maybe I missed it. But it took me so many clicks to edit my jobs they had on file that I finally gave up in disinterest without updating my work history or other information any further.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Has something happened to the Duke Alumni Directory? I was trying to check an address, and got a error that the page was no longer there.

I've been using this for years: https://www.alumniconnections.com/ol.../DUKE/hsearch/

thanks,

-jk

There is something new and different in the world of Duke Alumni: a new network just went live last week. It is a combination of two things:

(a) A new Duke Network that will provide a single method of access for all users of the Duke network (faculty, staff, students, alumni, etc.), where previously there had been many different paths of access. For more information about the Duke OneLink service, please see the online FAQ at https://accounts.oit.duke.edu/onelink/faq.

(b) A new alumni internet site which will have a lot of new features. The address is --

https://alumni.duke.edu/

You will need to register to get access to the directory, affinity groups, and other site features.

The message from Duke Alumni staff and Board is to register and begin using the new web site because, well, the site is only as valuable as the information it contains. Here are three get started steps:

1. Register (pretty easy start)
    2. Update and complete your profile
    - Upload a photo
    - Indicate what you want to be contacted about
    - Update your email address
    3. Import your career information from LinkedIn. If you have a LinkedIn account, update your career information manually.

As you will note, the site will import information over from LinkedIn, but only if you agree.

Sage Grouse
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    I was surprised at what was listed. I had a job title that was similar to, but definitely not what I entered years ago -- and one word was misspelled! This was for the position I left in 2001, yet labeled as presently working there. When I corrected it, I had two instances of the corrected version. Fail.

There doesn't seem to be any place for affinity groups. Nowhere to put in sports teams, dorms, clubs, etc. Maybe I missed it. But it took me so many clicks to edit my jobs they had on file that I finally gave up in disinterest without updating my work history or other information any further.
    Same exact thing happened with my profile on the new site. Totally screwed up my work history. Listed me (by date) working two jobs for the past 15 years (one of which I left 12 years ago) and then included a third job for part of that time!! I tried to correct it online but not sure it is still right. I need to log on again to check.

Also, I didn't see any way to get into the old alumni directory to search for people?