Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 80, Florida St 65 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Workmanlike.

Jeter had an great game. That block was awesome.

This team seems very balanced and unselfish.

I'd almost forgotten what it feels like to win comfortably. Plumlee was player of the game for me. Jeter making huge strides.

Best thing about the game: no injuries!

Nice to have one where I can relax at the end.

10 wins in the conference from 4-4.. Amazing job. I know he will not get consideration but I think Coach K should be in the running for coach of the year.

JETER.. he looked like he belonged.

I really like this team..

Smile

Chase!

Contributions from everyone that saw action. I like what I'm seeing from Jeter as he continues his journey. Matt hit some nice three pointers but I don't think he's 100% just yet. Grayson being his pesky self and getting into the lane. Good game from Ingram but he looked worn out at one point in the 2nd half. I thought Coach K might take him out for a breather but he didn't. Good game from Luke off the bench. I like the way he shoots the midrange shot. Almost a lost art these days. Derryck's foul trouble was the only negative from my standpoint. He reverted back to his first of the year propensity to make some dumb fouls. He can't do that in big games. On to Pitt and hopefully another win. GoDuke!

When they started out cold and looked jittery I wondered whether they were suffering a little from the previous game. In a couple of minutes theSy got down to Duke basketball and things took off from there. Some takeaways from the game:
    1. Matt seemed to be back and didn't appear to be favoring his ankle
    2. Chase had his best game yet and at times played well enough to stay in the game indefinitely. Perhaps the opposition was weaker, but he looked good.
    3. Luke had impressive minutes on both sides of the ball.
    4. Derryck seemed to overly react to the physical defense and perhaps talking going on by fouling and being a bit overaggressive. We need him in the game.
    5. Both Grayson and Brandon had excellent games and are stalwarts for this team.
    6. MP3 had many excellent moments but at times seem to revert to issues handling the ball. All in all still a very good performance.

We now have 6 solid players that give us great offensive efficiency, good defense and some depth inside. Amile will hopefully be back this weekend to give us depth. We have a team that can make some noise in the tournament.

Agree with those above that said it was nice to watch without total stress. I liked that we got the early lead and maintained it, without being so gassed by the end that we end up making it competitive.

Great game for Chase! Love to see him building on the positive minutes he gave us at Louisville.

Nice win...very low turnover rate until the last 7 minutes or so, then a combination of fatigue and slowing the pace contributed to some weak turnovers.

Thornton looked "handsy" on defense. He needs to avoid the ticky-tacky fouls on the perimeter.
    Ingram is getting banged around on drives with few calls. So much for freedom of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post

We now have 6 solid players that give us great offensive efficiency, good defense and some depth inside. Amile will hopefully be back this weekend to give us depth. We have a team that can make some noise in the tournament.

With Chase emerging, I count 7
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by dukie's_daughter View Post
    With Chase emerging, I count 7
    😀
    If Jeter can repeat against the better teams I agree. He certainly had an excellent game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    If Jeter can repeat against the better teams I agree. He certainly had an excellent game tonight.
    Remember the years where we seemed to be best in November and December? It seems like the distant past, no?

I like how our teams seem to be improving as the year goes on. Kind of like K's teams of the '80's and '90's.

Greetings, Mr Jeter. We have been awaiting your arrival.

Impressive win by the guys tonight. They were a bit drained but everyone brought their lunchpail and worked. I thought Marshall and Chase were excellent against a big front line. Jeter may have had one of his better performances as a Devil. If he can keep that up- Duke is that much better. Jones was solid and hit some big shots. At times, Kennard was the best player on the floor. He has a knack for being at the right place at the right time. He is getting better and better. Of course Grayson and Ingram are Duke's best players and they just battled tonight. No game has shown the growth of this team more than tonight. This is a good basketball team now. The D is consistent and lots of guys can score the ball. They can certainly hang with anyone and it didn't feel that way a month ago. K and the coaches have done a masterful job with this group.

Did you all catch Grayson's trip at the end of the game? It's making the rounds on social media again.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Did you all catch Grayson's trip at the end of the game? It's making the rounds on social media again.
    He really should stop doing that. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    What is going through this kid's head? He doesn't need to be doing that kind of thing. Maybe the two had words during the game, maybe something the fans and cameras would not notice but there other ways to settle the score, winning the game chief among them. Tripping someone is just dangerous and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Workmanlike.
    No doubt, which is exactly what I was looking for in terms of having a game we needed to win, should win comfortably based on recent growth, and we did win comfortably despite our primary scorers not really "having it going". After that horrible cold start, we took care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by statik73 View Post
    Jeter had an great game. That block was awesome.
    Jeter was fantastic, the first time he has looked like he belonged as part of this group...a couple of charges, a couple of finishes, that signature block, he keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Plumlee was player of the game for me.
    Me too. I really can't get over his offense. How about that McHale-esque low post sequence in the first half? Aside from picking up a dumb second foul 30 feet from the basket, he was solid all game.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    No game has shown the growth of this team more than tonight. This is a good basketball team now. The D is consistent and lots of guys can score the ball. They can certainly hang with anyone and it didn't feel that way a month ago. K and the coaches have done a masterful job with this group.
    Agree with all of this.

Thornton's dumb fouls limited him, but we can deal with that kind of aberration now. When he was out there, his pressure made a big difference. I am extremely impressed with Grayson's drive and kick playmaking and his leadership. I can deal with his chippy behavior as it is part of his overall elan. When we were cold at the start, he very simply scored 8 straight to get us going. THAT is leadership - production when needed, kind of like when Matt hits those big 3s (but, boy, he missed ugly a few times tonight). Kennard was solid - this team has developed great chemistry and the D seems to be staying good - although FSU was pretty bad on that end.

Bring on the Panthers, and, hopefully, Mr. Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I saw it, and I agree. Definitely not cool.