Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    One interesting subplot of this game will be the battle of the ACC's two best freshman classes.

Through 27 games (for both teams), Duke's freshmen have combined to score 1,040 points (Ingram 459, Kennard 323, Thornton 215, Jeter 39 and Vrankovic 4); FSU's freshmen have combined to score 1,025 points (Beasley 438, Bacon 424, Mann 136, Koumadje 27). Duke's freshmen are averaging 38.5 ppg ... FSU's average 38.1 ppg.

This game features the No. 1 (Ingram), No. 2 (Beasley) and No. 3 (Bacon) freshmen scorers in the ACC. Kennard is No. 11 and Thornton No. 21.

Beasley actually led the league's freshmen in scoring for much of the season, building a nice lead in preseason. Brandon has been outscoring him in conference play from the beginning and gradually closing the overall gap. He now leads in overall scoring 17.0 to 16.2 ppg.

FWIW, Ingram also leads all freshmen in rebounding (6.8). Bacon is fourth (5.7) and Beasley fifth (5.3). Ingram also has more blocked shots (second among ACC freshmen), more steals (fifth among ACC freshmen) and more assists (sixth among ACC freshmen) than Beasley or Bacon.

I think it's pretty obvious that either Ingram or Beasley will be ACC ROY. If the vote were today, I think Ingram wins easily, but this game is Beasley's chance to make a head-to-head statement and perhaps reverse the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

-Something interesting has been happening on offense the past few games that has not been discussed much because of the huge headlines tied to the games...Brandon has been consistently following his mid range shots and corralling the misses. He hasn't been doing a great job of finishing very make-able second opportunities, but it is new wrinkle in his ever expanding game that is very pleasing.
    ABC Blue Devils, ALWAYS BE CLOSING!
    Nice point! I have been impressed with this too. I think he has been a little unlucky on some of them to not get the finish but its amazing how he seems to just pop up for the second try. Its like wow where did you come from Brandon! Anyway, this is why he is a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Nice point! I have been impressed with this too. I think he has been a little unlucky on some of them to not get the finish but its amazing how he seems to just pop up for the second try. Its like wow where did you come from Brandon! Anyway, this is why he is a winner!
    I also think it's something the coaches must have spotted on film and encouraged. With Brandon such a focal point of the offense and playing the 4, he's not going to be in position to offensive rebound when he's handling the ball...unless he attacks the glass off his shot. He's been really effective at coralling those misses and I agree with you that the lack of finishes feels a little unlucky - so maybe they start to fall with more frequency.

Here is an nice piece on Derryck. Coach K gives him an A!

All in all another nice kid on the Duke team

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...db_oem_id=4200

Sorry if it has been linked somewhere else!!

Sorry the above link gets to a Marshall interview which is very cool by the way. Underneath it you can find Derrycks!

I loved the story on Marshalls recruitment and especially Mikes advice on picking a school!

Basketball game vs WWE match?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Here is an nice piece on Derryck. Coach K gives him an A!

All in all another nice kid on the Duke team

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...db_oem_id=4200

Sorry if it has been linked somewhere else!!
    I think we've seen a lot of growth in Derryck's game jusf over the course of this season. His decision making is gradually improving, he can break down a defense off the dribble, and he is very, very promising on defense. I'm very excited about the player he could become while here at Duke.

Australian recruit Jack White will be in attendance tonight. I hope the Crazies make him feel welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Australian recruit Jack White will be in attendance tonight. I hope the Crazies make him feel welcomed.
    In case he's reading this board, I think you meant to type:

˙pǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝɟ ɯıɥ ǝʞɐɯ sǝızɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ǝdoɥ ı ˙ʇɥƃıuoʇ ǝɔuɐpuǝʇʇɐ uı ǝq llıʍ ǝʇıɥʍ ʞɔɐɾ ʇınɹɔǝɹ uɐılɐɹʇsnɐ

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I imagine the following dialogue...

TOUR GUIDE: And here are the bathroom facilities of Cameron.

JACK WHITE: Okay.

TOUR GUIDE: See what happens when I flush this toilet.

JACK WHITE: Yes, the water goes counterclockwise, and back home it goes clockwise. But that's not the Coriolis effect.

TOUR GUIDE: What? No, I was just illustrating what Louisville did to its postseason hopes.

Ba dump dump, cymbal crash...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

We have to beat fsu period.i hope its not going to be another shoving match .but i have that gut feeling.

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Live tempo based stats for Duke/FSU, starters posted

http://www.scacchoops.com/fsu-at-duk...stats-02252016

Marshall with the rhythm dribble, allowing 3 players to surround him. And a silly foul in first 2 minutes. Drives me loony.

Now a failure to block out on FT-line. Drives me loony.

Wow go jeter.

Loooove the effort by Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Wow go jeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePanda View Post
    Loooove the effort by Jeter.
    Looks to me like the game has finally slowed down for him. Good to see.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

With his 2nd foul, would like to sit Marshall and put Jeter back in.

It happened.