Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I liked Juan Dixon...

Ok, I liked Jeff Lamp, Wally Walker, Randolph Childress(you know why), David Thompson, Fire & Ice, and Bobby Cremins. As for uncheat players, I have to admit I liked/respected; Walter Davis, Bobby Jones, Billy Cunningham and York Larese.

GoDuke!

Neat thread. Lamp, Parkhill, Fire & Ice, GT Lethal weapon 3, Juan Dixon, (lot of respect for him) I remember pulling for Tim Duncan not to go pro. Childress as well. Charlie Davis old wake days.. Butch Zatezalo Clemson. Bobby Cremins..

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Malcolm Brogdon and DeAndre Hunter of UVa were good players and seemed like good guys.
    In the NBA, I really like watching Brogdon and Joe Harris. Nice to see some of the UVa stuff translate.

I know he's not obscure (he's about as mainstream as you can get) but he's not a Duke player...Steph Curry is just fun to watch. I love that he's taken his game to another level this year even though the GSW have no chance of winning (roster wasn't good enough and then they had injuries). I know he's hate here because of his mouth/antics but I like Draymond Green as well...despite his personality his game is just great (defense and passing). Luka, Jokic, Giannis are worth the price of admission - great scoring, passing, court awareness, etc. I'm really impressed with the way Julius Randle has gotten himself in great shape and improved his game by a lot this season! Ja Morant is fun to watch too!

I really mostly follow Duke guys in the NBA. Great to see Grayson have a good season. Hope JJ can get healthy and finish strong with the Mavs. Zion has been worth watching every time I see him (he is truly special), etc. etc. (you all know who they are). One good thing about the One and Done model is how many guys we have on NBA rosters to follow (I'd still like the One and Done to go away but at least there's ONE positive thing about it).

I actually liked Antawn Jamison... such great touch around the basket and just went about his business.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I actually liked Antawn Jamison... such great touch around the basket and just went about his business.
    I respected his game but I can't go as far as 'liked' with any UNCheat player.

Pretty much that whole 1983 Cardiac Pack.

Charles Shackleford because he was amphibious.

Hawkeye Whitney.

Harold Deane.

Exree Hipp.

Albert King.

Kyle Guy. Was a poor man's J.J.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I liked Juan Dixon...
    I loved Juan Dixon, and Lonnie Baxter too.

Going back to earlier times, I went to a game in Cole Field House in 1979 where Albert King, Buck Williams, Greg Manning et al. edged the Gminski/Spanarkel/Banks/Dennard Duke team in a thriller. That was early days for me as a Duke fan, and while I liked that Duke team, I loved the Maryland team, and especially Buck Williams. A real blue collar, hard working basketball player.

EDIT: Wow, just looked over the older part of this thread and realized I am repeating things I said 5 years ago...not sure how to react to that.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    EDIT: Wow, just looked over the older part of this thread and realized I am repeating things I said 5 years ago...not sure how to react to that.
    I tuned in merely because I never noticed how impressive it is when Mtn. Devil starts a thread.

Started by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15, 02-09-2016 05:06 PM
    More numbers than letters. Nice!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    He wore the wrong shade of blue, but I was always floored by Jerry Stackhouse.

Even more admirable is knowing that he came out of Kinston, which is a very hard town for an AA kid to grow up in, even more so back in the 80s/90s. And while we all jump all over the cheaters for being cheaters, he did follow up and get his degree in '99 after leaving with only 2 years under his belt in '95.

I still can't shake that windmill dunk in Cameron.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Joe Harris

Malcolm Brogdon

Jose Alvarado

Len Bias...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I liked Juan Dixon...
    He’s coaching now at Coppin State in Baltimore. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up on the Terps bench one day.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Joe Harris

Malcolm Brogdon

Jose Alvarado
    Seconded.

I actually like nearly anyone of the players from UVa. Hard working, patient, defense-minded...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Len Bias...
    A one-man wrecking crew. His last game in Cameron is one I will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    Len Bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A one-man wrecking crew. His last game in Cameron is one I will never forget.
    In case the young 'uns need a refresher

Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is it me or is that video starting to look like the footage of the Brooklyn Dodgers that my dad used to make me watch?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

And we had one of the top defenses in the country that year.

Down the stretch of the season, he single-handedly beat UNC to pull them back to where we could win the regular season by beating the Heels on Senior Day (Dawkins. Alarie, Bilas, Hendu)

Bias defined Beast Mode to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I tuned in merely because I never noticed how impressive it is when Mtn. Devil starts a thread.

More numbers than letters. Nice!
    Well golly. Thanks. I try to start positive threads in the offseason.

Also, I'm eager add even more numbers, ASAP.