Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 62, Syracuse 64 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here - and remember, no venting!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

lots of standing around

and...first?

what just happened? I don't understand the last 30-ish seconds of that game at all. am I living in an alternate universe?

We are too tired to play defense. Can't rebound w/o Jefferson. Better start adjusting.

Sounds the alarms...we are officially in full meltdown.

Where ever the D went, the offense has followed.

Sure seemed like a lot of heart and effort without results.

Next play.

More guys will have to play. 6 is not enough.

UGH....three losses in a row. Too many missed shots in the first half and a porous defense.

Thank goodness we won a national championship last season. 'Cuz this is lame. Very lame. I need to go back to last season's DVRd games and just watch those for the next two months.

Why did Thornton continue to play full court defense and get blown by almost every time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    We are too tired to play defense. Can't rebound w/o Jefferson. Better start adjusting.
    But...they only scored 64. If you can't score you can't win. We didn't rebound well but the main problem was that we could not score. One dimensional because of the Orange zone...

No adjustment to beat the zone. Watching them pass around the perimeter for 25 seconds and launch up threes was frustrating.

It was all about the offensive rebounds that Syracuse got. that was the main thing.

This one was on K in my opinion offensively. It was clear we weren't hitting from deep and we have the ultimate zone buster in Ingram. Not once did he catch the ball at the free throw line. He didn't even look to get the ball there. That was a missed opportunity, and a bad one. Syracuse is a bad team that we couldn't beat.

Not making the tournament is a real possibility if we don't get 21 back and soon.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

I was going to take solace by watching a great Warriors vs. Cavs game and then I glanced at the score . . .

A great game by MP3, everyone else... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Why did Thornton continue to play full court defense and get blown by almost every time?
    That was another huge schematic problem. We got torched for a lay up or three every time.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Assuming what we saw was actually the plan on offense, this one's on the coaches. No real effort to get the ball to Ingram (or anyone) at the foul line and very few attempts to screen the zone to create penetration.

The official in the middle of the screen put his arm up to call a foul on the last play. How is there not at least a discussion amongst the crew about whether there was an attempted shot and if the foul occurred before time ran out? That was poorly handled.

At a loss for words on this one. Offensive glass against us is unreal! Plumlee played his heart out. Going to be a fight to make the tournament now. Schedule is heavy on the back. Really bad loss at home tonight. Costly.

MP3

I thought with ten minutes to go we were toast & would lose by ten. I just did not think we had any legs. This team is worn out & sadly there is no bench to develop. The big plays where Syracuse got offensive rebounds & converted them to 3's had to kill Amile to sit & watch that. Knowing he probably could have been the difference.

Kudos to Thornton for a couple of huge 3's to give us a chance.

Our margin of error is very thin & Luke can't shoot 0 for whatever & a Cuse player can't set a record with 12 offensive rebounds. I am amazed we even were in a position to win.

MP3 you are all heart. What a performance. How far you have come since your freshman days.

Duke 2015 National Champs..