View Poll Results: How Many Losses Will Win the ACC This Year?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

4 10.00%

18 45.00%
  • 4 or more

18 45.00%

How many "losses" will "win" the ACC this year?

The ACC seems to be deep this year. Could this be a year that the ACC regular season champs have an unusually high number of losses? Let's vote!

If the cheats stay healthy, they could win it with ease. But that's using players that probably can't spell their own names. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    If the cheats stay healthy, they could win it with ease. But that's using players that probably can't spell their own names. GoDuke!
    To be fair, they probably have learning disabilities.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

There are three ways to answer the poll:
    1) Guess the number of conference losses the 1st place team will have
    2) Guess the maximum number of losses the 1st place team can have and still beat the 2nd place team
    3) Guess the number of conference losses the team that wins the ACCT will have.

Imagine the following: one team has 15 wins (the most), another team has 13 wins (the second most), and a third team has 12 wins but wins the ACCT for the conference championship.

So the answer to the poll could be 3, 4 or 6. I'll vote when I understand the rules a bit better, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    There are three ways to answer the poll:
    1) Guess the number of conference losses the 1st place team will have
    2) Guess the maximum number of losses the 1st place team can have and still beat the 2nd place team
    3) Guess the number of conference losses the team that wins the ACCT will have.

Imagine the following: one team has 15 wins (the most), another team has 13 wins (the second most), and a third team has 12 wins but wins the ACCT for the conference championship.

So the answer to the poll could be 3, 4 or 6. I'll vote when I understand the rules a bit better, thanks.
    Well, in that case, I'm going with zero -- as the team that wins the ACCT and therefore the conference championship will have zero losses (in the ACCT). Guaranteed.

To come in first place in the regular season, pick 2 losses.

In 2005 (11 teams), 1st place team had 2 losses.
    In 2006-2013 (8 years with 12 teams), 1st place team had 2 losses 4x, 3 losses 3x, and 5 losses 1x.
    In 2014 (15 teams), 1st place team had 2 losses.

So, in the ten regular seasons of the unwieldy era (11+ teams), in the regular season, the 1st place team had ...

0 losses 0x,
    1 loss 0x,
    2 losses 6x,
    3 losses 3x,
    4 losses 0x, and
    5 losses 1x.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    To come in first place in the regular season, pick 2 losses.

In 2005 (11 teams), 1st place team had 2 losses.
    In 2006-2013 (8 years with 12 teams), 1st place team had 2 losses 4x, 3 losses 3x, and 5 losses 1x.
    In 2014 (15 teams), 1st place team had 2 losses.

So, in the ten regular seasons of the unwieldy era (11+ teams), in the regular season, the 1st place team had ...

0 losses 0x,
    1 loss 0x,
    2 losses 6x,
    3 losses 3x,
    4 losses 0x, and
    5 losses 1x.
    So, it's February 23 and this is still open. Carolina could still win out, but with away games at State, Virginia and Duke, that does not seem the most likely scenario. At this point, I'd guess 4 losses, although I'm hoping for 5 (and Duke winning out).