View Poll Results: Who Was The Man Of The Match In Duke's 91-75 win over Wake Tonight?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grayson Allen

3 2.34%
  • Brandon Ingram

2 1.56%
  • Derryck Thornton

2 1.56%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

100 78.13%
  • Luke Kennard

21 16.41%
  • Chase Jeter

0 0%
  • Sean Obi

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

MOTM: Duke vs Wake (1-6-2016)

Who was Duke's Man Of The Match In the 91-75 win over Wake tonight?

Marshall! Now, if only he would power to the basket like that all the time!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Plumbeard 3

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Marshall! Now, if only he would power to the basket like that all the time!
    Totally agree Ozzie and he got my vote as well. If he starts attacking the basket like that every time, and stops the "bringing the ball down, trying to dribble first, and pump faking too much" his game will go to new levels, as will the ceiling for this team. If he can do those things, and we get Amile back, and playing at a high level, this team will be able to beat anybody!

Congrats to MP3, you are my man of the match

Honorable Mention- The 3 Assassins- Grayson, Brandon, Luke!

Day-umm. 24 points on 10 shots with 3 boards, 3A and 1 TO and no votes so far. Tough crowd .

Seriously, I voted for Plumbeard. Helluva game there, big guy. I'm glad to see Luuuuuke get some votes, too. Darn good game for the freshman.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I went for Luke.

When we lost Grayson and Matt (both with 4), we ended up with 4 freshmen and Marshall. Marshall was awesome, but I thought Luke showed a lot of maturity at both ends of the floor. Things could have descended to chaos at that point really.

And wow, for a purported long-range shooter he has a strong handle to the hoop!

MP3. I usually yell at him double the amount of points he scores a game. This game I looked back and only was disappointed with him on the foul at the top of the key in the first half that put Wake on the line. Really impressed with how they used him tonight and how aggressive he played. Now if they can get him to attack the rim every game we change the dynamic of this team and become unguardable.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I went for Luke.

When we lost Grayson and Matt (both with 4), we ended up with 4 freshmen and Marshall. Marshall was awesome, but I thought Luke showed a lot of maturity at both ends of the floor. Things could have descended to chaos at that point really.

My old geezer/curmudgeon memory seems to recall reading here that the staff told Luke to work on his handle during the spring and summer as he might be called upon to be the back-up PG. Good handle+rule changes this year=lotsa FT for Grayson and Luke. I really like what K is doing with this team.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I went for Luke.

Me too. He took charge when Grayson and Matt went out with four fouls.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Me too. He took charge when Grayson and Matt went out with four fouls.
    I have to go with Luke as well. Marshall of course had a great game having been spoon fed by the guards. But Luke was absolutely the best player on the floor tonight. That kid is a straight up baller and he really took over this game.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I have to go with Luke as well. Marshall of course had a great game having been spoon fed by the guards. But Luke was absolutely the best player on the floor tonight. That kid is a straight up baller and he really took over this game.
    Grayson Allen says Hello!

I voted for MP3 (after all, its MOTM not "Man that had a good game and contributed nicely to the team, MTHAGGACNTTT).

Allen and Kennard played great games. They contributed nicely to the team.

There's a New Sheriff in Town, and his name is "MARSHALL" !!!!!!

Marshall had a great break out game!!!!!!!!! Keep it up Captain Plumlee, because the Team needs you!

I remember when Brian Zoubek had a break out game in 2010, vs Maryland at home!!! Zoubek was in Beast Mode the rest of the season, which lead to a National Championship!!!!!!!!!

Marshall... "Stay in Beast Mode and channel you Inner Zoubek"

Great Game MP3, for your relentless efforts and leadership last night!

A great win on the road for the team that pushed through challenges and foul trouble!

LUKE!!!!!!!

I voted for Marshall on the Home Page poll, but here I voted for Luke. Marshall was great and he came through in a very big way, however he was able to get relatively easy shots close to the basket thanks to the penetration and play making of Luke. The kid was stellar in every aspect of the game last night. He had some defensive lapses but everyone on the team did. I feel like Luke controlled the tempo, the flow of the game was dictated by what he wanted to do. I didn't really expect to see him control a game like he did last night this season, yet here he was. He drove at will, drew fouls at key situations, made every free throw and either made the pass for an assist or made the pass that led to the pass that was an assist. Well done by the freshman we need him to play like that often, I can't imagine how good hes going to be once his threes start to fall.

MP3

Yesterday, I told my wife that we really needed a big game out of Marshall to get the win (I am sure many of this thought the same, given recent games against Wake). For extra support, I even broke out my Plumlee Brothers Dunking Company shirt. It was so good to see Lt. Plumlee take charge in the second half - you could litereally see Wake's collective ego deflate with each thunderous dunk. Always good to walk out of the Joel with a W.

#GODUKE

Oh Boy been waiting 4 years for this....Well done MP3...keep it Rolling.

Grayson and Luke were also well deserving MOM's but you have to share the love right? How many games will MP3 have like this? Plus he was a clear leader of the team (of the freshmen) in this games darkest moments.

Loved the reception Marshall received from his teammates when Coach K took him out near the end.

I voted for Luke and I stand by that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Grayson and Luke were also well deserving MOM's but you have to share the love right? How many games will MP3 have like this? Plus he was a clear leader of the team (of the freshmen) in this games darkest moments.
    I agree Marshall was the clear leader of the team when K went to MPIII and 4 freshmen. He looked like a traffic cop at times. Great game for the senior captain. GoDuke!