Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 91, Wake 75 Post-Game Thread

Closer than the final score, but good win for the good guys.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I would say that Wake Forest was outcoached! Duke had a good strategory.

pfr, where's the motm thread? Hurry up!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon.

Last on the team in FT shooting tonight: 83.3%

Grayson missed one too!

Guys should be watching Marshall - 4 for 4.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    pfr, where's the motm thread? Hurry up!
    I know, you just want to vote for Plumlee -- me too.

What a great game by Duke tonight. So impressed with our strategy to get Plumlee involved. He was a mismatch. Ho many times have we said that before? Luke was amazing. A ton of phantom calls and this team has overcome some early season adversity. Love the fight this team has.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Great, gutsy win considering the foul trouble and being undermanned and how the 1st half played out with Wake dominating the boards.

Marshall's best half of basketball ever. Making him a baseline lurker is a great coaching move. Sticking to dumpoffs and pick-and-rolls really helps his offense and accentuates his athleticism and power. Because of foul trouble, we had to play a whole segment of the 2nd half with Plumlee + 4 frosh on the floor, and he was the glue. Pretty sure we outscored them.

I mean, Duke out-rebounded Wake in the 2nd half. That's just awesome and sort of a heartwarming turnaround.

Now we know why Coach keeps mentioning Luke in the same breath as Grayson and Brandon recently. He can be as good an offensive player as those two.

Never bet your entire bankroll, guys, no matter how off the point spread seems. Wake +8 went down in flames.

Elmore is the worst. By far

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Great, gutsy win considering the foul trouble and being undermanned and how the 1st half played out with Wake dominating the boards.

Marshall's best half of basketball ever. Making him a baseline lurker is a great coaching move. Sticking to dumpoffs and pick-and-rolls really helps his offense and accentuates his athleticism and power. Because of foul trouble, we had to play a whole segment of the 2nd half with Plumlee + 4 frosh on the floor, and he was the glue. Pretty sure we outscored them.

I mean, Duke out-rebounded Wake in the 2nd half. That's just awesome and sort of a heartwarming turnaround.

Now we know why Coach keeps mentioning Luke in the same breath as Grayson and Brandon recently. He can be as good an offensive player as those two.

Never bet your entire bankroll, guys, no matter how off the point spread seems. Wake +8 went down in flames.
    I only lost $1K (I also like typing 1K ) of OPK's bitcoins so I'm ready to roll again .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

That was a coaching clinic of K versus Manning. Manning blew it not rolling the dice on THOMAS at the five minute mark. He was the only player we could not guard tonight. K has an amazing game strategy. I love the attack to the rim all night long.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Elmore is the worst. By far
    Well yes but in chat, we were stunned at his new mellow tone. Weird.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I would say that Wake Forest was outcoached! Duke had a good strategory.
    I definitely agree. Coach K controlled the pace of the game, and his use of timeouts to re-focus the freshmen was excellent. In a close game it's always tempting to hoard the timeouts for the last couple of minutes, but K didn't hesitate to use them early. And Plumlee was great out of the Russian spot down low.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well yes but in chat, we were stunned at his new mellow tone. Weird.
    I don't listen to the sumI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. so I'll trust the chatters on this one, in fact, one chatter on another site signed in as LenElmoreStillSucks (or something like that).

(And we know who you were .)

Quote Originally Posted by bluenorth View Post
    I definitely agree. Coach K controlled the pace of the game, and his use of timeouts to re-focus the freshmen was excellent. In a close game it's always tempting to hoard the timeouts for the last couple of minutes, but K didn't hesitate to use them early. And Plumlee was great out of the Russian spot down low.
    Very Laettner-esque on the shooting, too.

Excellent win! Marshall had Devin Thomas yapping at him in the early going, but definitely had the last laugh. Thomas was tough in the first half, but his personal foul followed by the technical was the game-changer. The freshmen, I thought, really showed a lot of heart and spirit considering WF was their second ACC away game.

If we can show that kind of grit the rest of the season, it's going to be a fun ride.

Go Duke!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Very Laettner-esque on the shooting, too.
    Yep, love the high percentage results from dunks. I wonder why Wake didn't foul Plumlee more often - coaching gaffe?

Several amazing team stats of the night:

1. 93% FT
    2. 6 TO (no typo)
    3. 52% FG

I've gotten to the point where I expect Ingram to play great, and I'm close to expecting the same from Kennard. Between those two and Allen - wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenorth View Post
    Yep, love the high percentage results from dunks. I wonder why Wake didn't foul Plumlee more often - coaching gaffe?
    Wouldn't have helped/worked-he was perfect from the line, too .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    That was a coaching clinic of K versus Manning. Manning blew it not rolling the dice on THOMAS at the five minute mark. He was the only player we could not guard tonight. K has an amazing game strategy. I love the attack to the rim all night long.
    Yea, Manning's strategy makes no sense when a team is down by more than 5-6 at 5 minutes. Think Thomas came in with 2+ minutes left and too late to matter. Thought our guys played as strong as possible down the stretch.