Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TV Stations for Boston College Game

I try to get these threads out as soon as information is available, but there always still seems to be confusion about where to watch the game right as it starts. Is there something that does not make sense about how I describe the viewing options? Do people need help finding out where a particular channel is in their lineup? It is easier to try to help before the game then to scramble right as the game is starting.

Blackout Map:

Affiliate List:
    http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-baske...ege-01-02-2016

Area in Black:
    -On TV on station listed from above link
    -Online through the streaming function of one of the stations listed from above link

Area in Green:
    -On TV on station listed from above link
    -On TV via ESPN College Extra
    -Online through the streaming function of one of the stations listed from above link
    -Online via ESPN3

There's a lot to unpack here.

1. The myth that Duke Basketball is always on ESPN is even hard for Duke fans to shake. If we can't find the listing on the ESPN block of channels, game time becomes panic time. By then your well-meaning post is somewhere on Page 3, replaced by several pointless threads about What It All Means.

2. DBR rituals serve to undermine these kinds of threads. In this case, BC is the next game, so a moderator can just make this the official pre-game/in-game thread. But usually your post is about a game that is not next, and there's a weird superstition here about taking games one at a time (because it worked in 2010, I think?). Maybe DBR could make it a sticky or something.

3. This kind of thread almost never gets responses, which is unfortunate. Someone in the Triangle area should click the link (or check their on-screen guide) to see what channel gets the game. Same with Charlotte, Atlanta, and DC. A few "it's on DIRECTV channel 333 for me" and "Time Warner has it on 1307" comments may be helpful.

I'll start: my AT&T U-Verse has it on Fox Sports Oklahoma (1751), Dallas (1753), Houston (1755), San Antonio (1756), and Southwest Alternate (1757).

P.S. When I search for "Duke Blue Devils" I see that the January 9 game against Virginia Tech is on my CW affiliate. Other games in the next 2 weeks (Wake, Clemson, women vs. Syracuse) are on the ESPN block.

I live in Virginia Beach (VA) and subscribe to Verizon FIOS cable. They'll be showing the game on Comcast Sports Net, HD channel 576 or SD 76.

DC here

Comcast Sports Network here in DC, like yesterday's game.

I get it on Fox Sports South, DirecTV ch. 646.

One of the downfalls of league expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This kind of thread almost never gets responses, which is unfortunate. Someone in the Triangle area should click the link (or check their on-screen guide) to see what channel gets the game. Same with Charlotte, Atlanta, and DC. A few "it's on DIRECTV channel 333 for me" and "Time Warner has it on 1307" comments may be helpful.
    Time-Warner in Durham has the game of Channel 318 (at 4:30 p.m.)

Time Warner - Southwest Ohio

According to the SEARCH function on Time Warner, the Duke-BC game is supposed to be on channel 342, the NESN network. When I looked on the channel guide however, it does not show the game being broadcast specifically. The guide just indicates coverage of Boston area sports. So maybe, maybe not. I've got my fingers crossed.
    I'd never noticed the NESN network before, so you might just want to look for that on your cable system.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I'll start: my AT&T U-Verse has it on Fox Sports Oklahoma (1751), Dallas (1753), Houston (1755), San Antonio (1756), and Southwest Alternate (1757).
    I neglected to mention that it's also on ESPN College Extra (614), a standard definition channel on my U-Verse system, because it's 2016 and I can't understand how an HD broadcast would still be shown that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Time-Warner in Durham has the game of Channel 318 (at 4:30 p.m.)
    I all depends on the cable or satellite company you use for your TV service. Mrs. Jarhead and I subscribe with Time Warner, and we will get tomorrow's game on both channel 38 and 318. That's Fox Sports Carolinas here in Southern Pines. Both channels broadcast the exact same material. Channel 38 is the TWC channel for basic service, and 318 is for folks with expanded service. I think I can get it on other channels, but why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    According to the SEARCH function on Time Warner, the Duke-BC game is supposed to be on channel 342, the NESN network. When I looked on the channel guide however, it does not show the game being broadcast specifically. The guide just indicates coverage of Boston area sports. So maybe, maybe not. I've got my fingers crossed.
    I'd never noticed the NESN network before, so you might just want to look for that on your cable system.
    One more comment - assuming the game does show up on Channel 342 in the Cincinnati area, there's also an equivalent Channel 1342 that is the hi-def version.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    The NESN broadcast is a replay on Jan 4 on Verizon.

The game is on FSD+ (901) XFinity here in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    The NESN broadcast is a replay on Jan 4 on Verizon.
    Oops, I missed that when I noticed the listing yesterday. It is the same situation on Time Warner here in Cincinnati. It's actually a replay of the game to be broadcast Monday afternoon - rats!

Oops, I missed that when I noticed the listing yesterday. It is the same situation on Time Warner here in Cincinnati. It's actually a replay of the game to be broadcast Monday afternoon - rats!
    I'm not sure what you guys are looking at, and don't know anything about Time Warner...but NESN is showing the game live today.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm not sure what you guys are looking at, and don't know anything about Time Warner...but NESN is showing the game live today.

Not in Philly on Verizon. NESN is broadcasting the "The History of the Boston Bruins." More appropriate for your neck of the woods. The live broadcast is on ESPN College Extra 1.

Does RSN stream the game live?

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Not in Philly on Verizon. NESN is broadcasting the "The History of the Boston Bruins." More appropriate for your neck of the woods. The live broadcast is on ESPN College Extra 1.
    that seems weird, is this some blackout thing? I'd have thought they'd either just carry what NESN is carrying, or black it out.

Is it possible your on-screen guide is wrong? Or perhaps mine is...Can't see why NESN would send Philly different programming...

My local channel has it delayed. Looks like I can watch it live on espn3.

The center of the basketball universe (aka: North Carolina)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Does RSN stream the game live?
    It should be streaming live on theacc.com. I know they're currently streaming that other team's game.