The Pats and Tom Terrific pushing the envelope

Remember how Tom has taken less-than-market-value contracts to help his team and his teammates?

Well, there has been some quid pro quo:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...uspect-partner

Tom gets paid for Tom getting treatment from Tom's unlicensed therapist.

Tom is an owner of the company the Pats pay to treat Tom, so Tom is getting a share. Most trainers pay the team just to be able to advertise the connection. The Pats don't pay for most of the training.

Problem with the salary cap rules? Should be.

You see similar things happen with medical care in Michigan after severe auto accidents. I'm sure a half dozen lawyers weighed in on this process.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm sure a half dozen lawyers weighed in on this process.
    I'm sure they did. And I'm sure a half dozen lawyers weighed in when the Redskins and Cowboys front loaded the deals in the "uncapped year." Of wait, the league approved the contracts too. Yet the committee headed by their division rival still busted them. Just goes to show they don't know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I'm sure they did. And I'm sure a half dozen lawyers weighed in when the Redskins and Cowboys front loaded the deals in the "uncapped year." Of wait, the league approved the contracts too. Yet the committee headed by their division rival still busted them. Just goes to show they don't know everything.

This is what happens when they make up the rules as they go along. Also, lawyer's weigh in with their opinions based on precedent, etc. What happens after that is real life.

sounds like more of the same from the cheaters...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Based on the second paragraph, that business partner sounds like a real despicable character: "... one supplement he claimed would cure "ailments such as cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson's disease" - just about every family in America has lost someone to one of those diseases, probably many have lost two or more. To hold out false hope and cash in on suffering people is among the lowest things imaginable. Perhaps he's a true believer in his quackery, but that does not excuse it, legally or ethically.
    Last edited by cspan37421; 12-23-2015 at 05:11 PM.