Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I disagree. Norman picked OBJ up and body slammed him into the turf. Beckham could have been seriously injured just like the Bears Jim McMahon was back in 1986, which is why Norman definitely earned a suspension. Nothing asinine about it.
    I've looked and looked and I'm still looking for that body slam. If it's the play when Beckam gets a penalty for grabbing Norman by the ankle after the play, then our esteemed playmaker Jeremy Cash should have gotten at least ten or twelve ejections just this year.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I've looked and looked and I'm still looking for that body slam. If it's the play when Beckam gets a penalty for grabbing Norman by the ankle after the play, then our esteemed playmaker Jeremy Cash should have gotten at least ten or twelve ejections just this year.
    http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/20/jos...ham-body-slam/

The fifth play from scrimmage.
    Bob Green

I think both those nut cases are about 11.5 psi short of a full inflation.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I think both those nut cases are about 11.5 psi short of a full inflation.
    devildeac wins the thread!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    devildeac wins the thread!
    Much appreciated, but I'm after the entire internet .

That was it? Poor Beckham. Got rolled down Norman's arm and left to fall to the ground. I guess Norman could have held him up in one of those flamenco moves, but didn't have a rose to put in Beckham's mouth. Seriously, that was one weak body slam. The play before the ankle grab was more worthy of a flag than that one.

Even more seriously, look closely. Norman just wasn't going to hold up Beckham while Beckham whined to the ref. He shed him like one would an armful of firewood. Was he supposed to gently lower him to the ground?
    Last edited by killerleft; 12-22-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Watching the video that Bob Green has so kindly provided here, if I watch each player in question in isolation of the other, Beckham loses his argument.
    He started it.

that's not a body slam....that's a "imma gonna let you go so you can fall down and look like an idiot"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    That was it? Poor Beckham.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    that's not a body slam...that's a "imma gonna let you go so you can fall down and look like an idiot"
    Denial is not a river in Egypt. Josh Norman instigated the fighting and should be suspended right alongside Beckham. It takes two to tango!
    Bob Green

Denial is not a river in Egypt. Josh Norman instigated the fighting and should be suspended right alongside Beckham. It takes two to tango!
    I agree. Beckham was run blocking on that play and then Norman picked him up and dropped him to the ground as Beckham was looking to the ref. Maybe he didn't actually 'slam' him down, but he didn't just let go either. Why did he pick him up in the first place? A friendly hug?

And Foxtrot, too!

This is the point where the refs could have calmed it down by:

1) Flagging Norman for the grabbing and holding past 5 yards from the line of scrimmage (an unsportsmanlike conduct 15 yarder would have fit the bill just fine)
    2) Telling both of them "We are well aware of all the hype and yapping you two have been doing leading up to this game. Keep it clean or you'll get flagged. This is your only warning. We will be watching you two closely all game."

What Norman did there is a "body slam" in the same way Laettner "viciously stomped" on Aminu Timberlake. He did, however, grab Beckham, hold him, and then do the "standing and walking over you" move that harkens back to prehistoric displays of dominance and superiority. It was an early-game attempt to get in Beckham's head. Which he did.

None of that, in any way, justifies the dangerous helmet-to-earhole shot Beckham took at Norman later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    This is the point where the refs could have calmed it down by:

1) Flagging Norman for the grabbing and holding past 5 yards from the line of scrimmage (an unsportsmanlike conduct 15 yarder would have fit the bill just fine)
    2) Telling both of them "We are well aware of all the hype and yapping you two have been doing leading up to this game. Keep it clean or you'll get flagged. This is your only warning. We will be watching you two closely all game."

What Norman did there is a "body slam" in the same way Laettner "viciously stomped" on Aminu Timberlake. He did, however, grab Beckham, hold him, and then do the "standing and walking over you" move that harkens back to prehistoric displays of dominance and superiority. It was an early-game attempt to get in Beckham's head. Which he did.

None of that, in any way, justifies the dangerous helmet-to-earhole shot Beckham took at Norman later in the game.
    Can't throw a grabbing past five yards flag on a running play where the receiver is blocking you. Other than that, I agree. The refs should have taken control. Heck, the COACHES should have too. Apparently, the president of officiating called the booth and basically told them to tell the field refs to toss them.