Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartDevil View Post
    In my area, UPS is terrific, and FedEx Ground/Home is astonishingly bad. But I'm sure overall the companies are pretty equal. Probably depends on how well local mgmt runs things.

And no problems here with USPS SmartPost deliveries being on time. But the problem in my nice neighborhood is that such a high % of SmartPost delivered packages get stolen within minutes of the carrier leaving them on the porch or hidden elsewhere. During December the thieves trail the USPS carrier by about a block and either swipe the delivered boxes or break into the shipping boxes and take the contents.
    I've complained to Amazon and other sellers, and, of course, to USPS, but the problem persists from year to year. Amazon replaces the packages but it is still a pain.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Security camera? My dad has one that sends video to his ipad.

The police here had two undercover staged at the front of our neighborhood.trailed cars behind the usps trucks.caught one guy .they should sieze your vehicle permanently for that.

The only complaint I have about FedEx is that they drive WAY TOO FAST through our neighborhood. It is 25mph, rural, with a lot of pedestrians and blind curves. They FLY down my road. Our UPS guy is actually pretty good about not speeding. My complaint with UPS is incorrect deliveries at my old house. I was forever getting neighbors' packages, and our house numbers were very clearly marked. One mis-delivery came the week following that UPS strike a number of years back.

Get the number for the Fedex hub in your area and complain, there's no excuse for that. Be sure you get the right service, Express or Ground. Express has red/orange in the logo, Ground has green.

The fedex and ups guys here are good.the usps however isnt.
    I my self actually move import and export cargo. From the states to various countries.
    The amount of cargo and packages moved around the world and in our country is staggering.
    I am absolutely amazed at the consumption of goods.
    In a need it now society. I believe 99% of ups and fedex guys/gals do a solid job.

Thanks, Wave. Most of us try.