Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,123 of 1123
    Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    I wonder if the incidence of fracture is relate to the length of the foot. For my height I have a big foot and I sustained a metatarsal fracture while playing tennis. Seems that a fair number of metatarsal fractures occur in big man, who I would expect to have a big feet. But of course one doesn't hear much about metatarsal fractures excepted in athletes.
    I think it's a fair conclusion to draw, given larger people are putting more weight on their lower extremities on a constant basis, and landing awkwardly on a foot/ankle would cause more damage than it would for someone who weighs less. (This also supports the ankle sprain data that FDD posted).

My theory is that it might be related to the size of the foot in proportion to the mass of the body. Yao Ming, whose career was cut short by foot injuries had very small hands and feet relative to his enormous body mass (7'6", 320). Yao wore size 18 sneakers, more typical for someone who is closer to 7 foot foot even. For example, Dwight Howard also wears size 18s. Shaquille O'Neal famously sported size 22s, much more fitting for a person around the same size (325 lbs) as Yao.

Not sure if Amile fits this profile (I don't really know his shoe size, and he's quite skinny, so the body mass shouldn't be an issue). Also, he's still young and he hasn't played nearly enough basketball for the wear and tear to factor in. But it's something that I've thought about.

Quote Originally Posted by cakerace View Post
    Great news from oregonlive.com link on front page!
    Attachment 6157
    LAZY

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFanSince1990 View Post
    LAZY
    That's beyond lazy, that's terrible. The worst part is it's an AP article. Copy edit much at the AP these days?