Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Damn . . . get well soon, Amile.

Looks like Brandon is gonna be playing a lot more at the 4, and Marshall/Chase are gonna play as many minutes as they can handle. Wouldn't be surprised to see Obi and/or Vrank get a few minutes in the next couple of games to get some seasoning as well.
    Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 4m4 minutes ago
    I would guess that Derryck Thornton moves into the starting lineup and Duke plays Ingram at the 4. Jones, Allen and Plumlee other starters

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Amile is my unofficial favorite player on this team. He is so valuable to this team.

Here's to a speedy recovery and I hope he's mentally and physically prepared to go through whatever it is he needs to go through.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Meeks out for UNC
    2 weeks with a bruised knee.

I would be elated if this was the same case with Amile. From what I am hearing, it is not...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    JG @jgoges
    @laurakeeley any chance more minutes will come Obi's way?

@laurakeeley 3m3 minutes ago
    Nope
    Starter no but someone has to rebound. Not sure Plumlee can play 35 minutes

The entire team, and especially Marshall, will need to really step it up on the defensive glass now.

Anxious to learn more details about the injury . . . surgery or no?

Either way, this SUCKS.

Good luck with the foot rehab, Amile!
    You'll be well rested for the championship run in the spring!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Good luck with the foot rehab, Amile!
    You'll be well rested for the championship run in the spring!
    This - and he's a doctor, so he should have the inside info.

Foot recuperating vibes to Amile!

The entire team, and especially Marshall, will need to really step it up on the defensive glass now.

Anxious to learn more details about the injury . . . surgery or no?

This SUCKS.
    Ugh. "Out indefinitely" is awful for everyone involved, and most of all Amile. To me, it means no major structural damage to a major bone (ie broken foot or broken leg. If it was, I'd think Duke would disclose the severity right away) but more like a tear or an awful sprain that a) doesn't necessitate surgery, b) is incredibly painful, c) can either heal quickly or slowly.

I hope Amile recovers quickly.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Amile out indefinitely with foot injury

Amile Jefferson has been ruled out indefinitely with an undisclosed foot injury. More to come later on this.

K's comment makes it sounds pretty bad. Hopefully, I'm just being my typical pessimistic self in my interpretation. Amile's leadership and performance this year can't be replaced. Big loss.

Come on, BMEs!!!!

Dear BioMedical Engineers at Pratt,

Given that Duke players and foot injuries are pretty common place, can you please clone the feet of every Duke basketball player once they step foot on campus (pun intended)?

And don't tell me it doesn't work like that! Look at what Frankenstein did with his monster!

I feel horrible for Amile, one of my faves, and who was having an incredible senior season so far. He's probably been our 2nd-best overall player behind Grayson.

I really don't like that word "indefinitely." We've gone through these "indefinite" injuries before, and for my sanity, I'm just going to assume he's out for the season. If he happens to make it back by the NCAAT like Kyrie or the end of the regular season like Ryan, then so be it. But I can't be checking twitter all the time or pestering insiders for updates.

In any case, get well soon, Captain!

Very frustrating that we have no details. Not liking the tone of this at all. Hate the word, "indefinitely," when it comes to injuries.

Can't help it. Having a Kyrie flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Very frustrating that we have no details. Not liking the tone of this at all. Hate the word, "indefinitely," when it comes to injuries.

Can't help it. Having a Kyrie flashback.
    I completely agree with you. If there is a silver lining, it's that it is only December 14. That gives Amile - at best - 3 months to recover. A pretty good amount of time for most - but not all - sports injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 4m4 minutes ago
    I would guess that Derryck Thornton moves into the starting lineup and Duke plays Ingram at the 4. Jones, Allen and Plumlee other starters
    Yep, this is what I expect. Luke plays all the backup minutes for the 3 perimeter positions. Chase now has a big role as the first big off the bench. Maybe Vrank/Obi will pitch in, but I can envision Coach K going "Seven is Sufficient."

Yes, first and foremost, it has to be Marshall that steps up the most. He's now the sole experienced big man who can bark communications from the backline and the sole senior captain and the sole big man with a developed, physical body. He has to come through on the boards, rim-protect, and stay out of foul trouble. And he has to do it effectively for 30mpg.

Can't wait to see Amile have an epic comeback like the White Raven had.

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    K's comment makes it sounds pretty bad. Hopefully, I'm just being my typical pessimistic self in my interpretation. Amile's leadership and performance this year can't be replaced. Big loss.
    I agree with you. Given the program's history in how these announcements are handled, I think this means it was a pretty major injury. Not something he'll likely be back from in a few weeks, I imagine.

Deep team

This is why it's important to have a deep team. But it'll hurt - he's become a great player, a rebounding machine. Incidentally, he's always been a great interview.

Looking at our schedule, other than Utah, we don't have a tough game until 01/16 vs Notre Dame. Does anyone remember how long Ryan Kelly was out with his foot injury?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Looking at our schedule, other than Utah, we don't have a tough game until 01/16 vs Notre Dame. Does anyone remember how long Ryan Kelly was out with his foot injury?
    Ryan ~7 weeks
    Elton ~ 8 weeks
    Carlos ~ 3 weeks
    Kyrie ~14 weeks

With no idea what Amile's actual injury is we don't even have a rough time table for return. I like your White Ravenesque return against Miami mentioned earlier because that would be only 6 weeks (which is probably the absolute best case scenario). I'd take 8 weeks against Louisville as his return and tune-up before the UVa and UNC games as well.

Anyway, best of luck to Amile in rehab. Really sucks that it had to happen to a great player and leader in his senior season.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook