Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Life blows in the breeze, not the mountains. I think. It appears that all the phrases are modifying 'life'. It looks like one of those poorly constructed sentences that I am so fond of typing. Mine haven't been immortalized in a country 'anthem', to my chagrin.

Historically Feinstein has been a huge fan of Duke (the basketball team) but not so hot on Duke (the university). He still seems to be anti-UNC (the basketball team) and anti-Kentucky (the basketball team), so if he doesn't like Duke basketball, who does he like?

This is pretty much my point of view as well, although my attitude towards Duke (the university) is closer to ambivalence than outright hatred. But people are allowed not to like the place that gave them a degree. It doesn't mean you hated college or got nothing out of it -- by any account, Feinstein got a lot out of attending Duke. If it reveals a balanced view on a subject (one's alma mater) which most people are strongly biased in favor, so much the better.

I've heard John host many talk shows and have read a fair amount of what he's written. It's my conclusion he simply hates Duke's administration and wishes everybody fired, save K. He's put K on such a pedestal it's scary; tho I'm not sure that's scary good or scary bad. Perhaps it's just that K sees things differently than many, and that's likely scary good. I also think John's put himself on a pedestal and doesn't want to listen to the average Duke grad/fan. We don't matter, IHO. Tho I would beg to differ with him. He seems quite the snob, IMO. Ugly old loafers and all

"May God save your soul."

"You were yelling at people that you were trying to be quiet? What?"

"I must have missed something re Feinstein. What did he say about Pitt football?"

Funny stuff, thanx for the giggle.

John F.

One only has to see the stance that JF has taken with respect to the Lax situation (to this DAY, he still insists something went on) to realize that comparing yourself to that snobby know-it-all blowhard idiot is not a good thing.

There, I feel better.

JF

I love our hoops team but think Broadhead and Alleva should go. If that makes me like JF, so be it.

I wouldn't worry

Unless you are railing against Pitt football while watching Tiger Woods playing Pebble Beach, I wouldn't worry about turning into John Feinstein. Commenting on Duke during coverage of a Duke event is one thing, but throwing unflattering comments about your alma mater into a conversation regarding two other schools or a different sport is another. Until you start that, you aren't JF.