Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blue Shark???

Wait a minute...could Blue Shark actually be HRG????

How cool is it that The Company Man is a Duke alum. Every time I see him I think, "That guy hates Carolina as much as I do." Separated by 10 years...yet still connected.

Just watched #17 online. Great episode. This is the best series I've ever watched. We finally went a bit deeper into some background.

Why are people talking about Lost? I don't even watch anymore and I really liked the show too.

No, no, no...

Believe me, I wish I was HRG & had all the answers! Would me much more interesting than my real existence as a lawyer.

Nope, I'm just a comic book geek from class of '95. I was Tom B.'s fraternity brother while there (as well as that of some other posters)--that's why I was razzing him about not having complete & utter faith in my Heroes theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    I am not sure the Haitian has any blocking ability.
    In the Eve origin story, when HRG was bringing her in, I could swear he told her that her Jedi mind-trick wouldn't work as long as 'his friend' was around. I like the Haitian-blocks-all-mind-stuff theory.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    In the Eve origin story, when HRG was bringing her in, I could swear he told her that her Jedi mind-trick wouldn't work as long as 'his friend' was around. I like the Haitian-blocks-all-mind-stuff theory.
    And the Haitian has definitely blocked Parkman's ability on at least three occasions I can remember -- the first time Parkman saw the Haitian, in a bar in one of the early episodes (the episode in which Parkman was abducted); when Parkman and the FBI lady were questioning HRG at the police station after Sylar tried to kill ClaireBear; and when Parkman confronted HRG in the warehouse at Dunder Miffl... er, Primatech.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    How cool is it that The Company Man is a Duke alum. Every time I see him I think, "That guy hates Carolina as much as I do." Separated by 10 years...yet still connected.
    Not only is Jack Coleman ("HRG") a Duke basketball fanatic, friend, and classmate, but Hayden Panettiere - the indestructible cheerleader ("Claire Bennet") and his "daughter" - is also a Duke fan, coming from a family where over a dozen of her relatives attended Duke. She's so good in "Heroes" with looks of distain. Can you imagine the look of disgust she has when the Tar Heels take the court, much less get a team pedicure?

I'll probably see Jack again in April and will be sure to bring some Duke stuff for both him and Hayden.

Thumbs up Heroes spoilers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boswell View Post
    Not only is Jack Coleman ("HRG") a Duke basketball fanatic, friend, and classmate, but Hayden Panettiere - the indestructible cheerleader ("Claire Bennet") and his "daughter" - is also a Duke fan, coming from a family where over a dozen of her relatives attended Duke. She's so good in "Heroes" with looks of distain. Can you imagine the look of disgust she has when the Tar Heels take the court, much less get a team pedicure?

I'll probably see Jack again in April and will be sure to bring some Duke stuff for both him and Hayden.
    If you see him and bring some Duke stuff then you bette ask for some spoilers back!!!

As an aside, there are only a half dozen or so episodes left in this season of Heroes, I think. What was that episode last night, #17 or so? I am starting to think that we may not get to blow-up-NY-after-election-day this season... or we may get to it but we sure won't resolve it.

I wonder if they are slowing the show down a bit, just like Lost did, and if they will start to run into similar problems. Lost still survives because the story line and the acting is so superior. If Heroes slows too much, it could start to suck fast.

Hopefully, the bad example Lost has been setting this year will teach Heroes the error of that path. Keep it moving and worry about a new storyline later!! It is not like you cannot come up with new crisis and mysteries at any time.

-Jason "unlike Lost, Heroes does not have one overriding mystery pulling it along. Heck, they could just send a bunch of folks back in time and have fun with that for a dozen episodes-- we still need to see Hiro vs. the T-Rex" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If you see him and bring some Duke stuff then you bette ask for some spoilers back!!!
    I think I almost blew that. About seven weeks ago, Jumbo and I were emailing, and I stupidly let it slip that Jack was practicing Japanese for a scene (which you saw on Monday). Jumbo, thankfully, kept his mouth shut but did let me know of my inadvertant comment with glee. Last time that I'll let that happen.

I am not too worried about this season... last episode focused solely on HRG and that group. Nothing on Hiro, Nathan, Peter, Mo and Siler, Nikki, Isaac, Mr. Invisible, etc... Now, of course some of those I don't mind, but this past episode was great... but it didn't advance other character's storylines, so there is lots left to do.

I am just worried about it taking that slow down path in season 2 or 3. Shouldn't happen until then (I hope). Too many shows do that... try to carry the show on forever. It is better to have a 3 year run of great episodes than having 3 years of great episodes run over 6 years... blah!

we still need to see Hiro vs. the T-Rex"
    I think we saw that at the museum with the T-Rex display. It was kinda a red herring. One I appreciate because I thought it would be kinda weak to have him fighting some CGI dinosaur.

Watched last night's episode. It was as good as advertised, if not better. Notice none of the wooden actors I listed in my previous post was in that episode. Hmmmmmm...
    Last edited by A-Tex Devil; 02-27-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Maybe you are right. I am keeping the idea open that it wasn't him, but Heroes does seem to be a little more upfront with thier mysteries - he is the most plausable option, so it is probably true.

Hopefully we will hear more from him in the next coming episodes.

I was going to ask what happened to Hana...but a webcomic picks her story up. Go to nbc.com and read them if you haven't yet - they fill in a lot of details.

Exiled

Next week - question, maybe spoilers?

Did anybody notice in next week's preview that Peter's/Isaac's cute girlfriend is alive (and has attitude). Apparently she's a hero too, but what's her power? Healing like Claire, a copycat like Peter? That would be lame to have two healers or two copycats. Thoughts?

Mambo,

My guess is that it was somehow a 'setup' and either Peter or Simone had switched the gun to one with blanks or Simone was wearing a bullet proof vest. My guess is that they did it to try to teach Isaac a lesson. Basically that his ability to paint the future is a valuable gift, but he (and others) can't always be sure they are interpreting it correctly... and that if you aren't careful (and especially if you let your emotions cloud your judgement) then trying to stop an event before it happens can have unintended (dire) consequences.

Interesting thought...well it's probably not blanks...she was actually shot, blood and everything. Come to think of it, have we actually seen that gun kill anybody? Usually it's used as a tranquilizer against the heroes, and the times when it was intended to kill somebody (invisible dude, Sylar, HRG), well, they survived. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    I think we saw that at the museum with the T-Rex display. It was kinda a red herring. One I appreciate because I thought it would be kinda weak to have him fighting some CGI dinosaur.
    Yeah, I saw that scene but was hoping it was not the scene that Isaac had painted. I just think it would be so cool to have Hiro go back to perhistoric times... though it would probably look cheezy.

As an aside, has there been anything Isaac painted that did not happen? I mean, sometimes what we thought was happening in the picture is not what actually happened (a different cheerleader got killed for example) but he is yet to paint something that did not end up happening, right?

If that is the case, then doesn't that mean that New York will get nuked.

-Jason "who thinks we will get to NY Nuke day this season or will it wait for next season?" Evans

My guess is it does go bang... but next season (with a cliffhanger of will it happen). In most stories, the general thought is that you cannot change what is 'meant to be.' It is possible they just do a "you can't change the past" as they showed with Hiro earlier, but I would imagine it sticks with the future thing as well. Usually, the 'seer' or those who see him/her get news they don't like and try to keep it from happening. In doing so, they inadvertently make it happen... just not in the way they expected. In this case, I think the vision will mean that the 'heroes' need to get people out of the city before it goes up.

Of course, that is just a guess on my part.

Mamba... good point about not knowing if the gun would kill. I imagine HRG and the bunch want to get ahold of Peter more than kill him... thus the taser later. I thought of the 'lesson' thing because of the way Simone and Peter were acting toward Isaac in the preview for next week. You may be right, though... they (Peter/Simone) may not have set it up. It will be interesting to see how Isaac responds and if Simone has powers... personally, I really hope she doesn't. We don't need EVERYONE to develop powers in the show. She works well as a catalyst and tension between Peter (the 'main' hero?) and Isaac (the prophet)... and she doesn't need to be 'super' to fulfill that role. Personally, I think there are enough main character heroes as is.

Yeah, I saw that scene but was hoping it was not the scene that Isaac had painted. I just think it would be so cool to have Hiro go back to perhistoric times... though it would probably look cheezy.

As an aside, has there been anything Isaac painted that did not happen? I mean, sometimes what we thought was happening in the picture is not what actually happened (a different cheerleader got killed for example) but he is yet to paint something that did not end up happening, right?

If that is the case, then doesn't that mean that New York will get nuked.

-Jason "who thinks we will get to NY Nuke day this season or will it wait for next season?" Evans
    I was thinking about this - Peter's dream of being the exploding man annoyed me, and I noticed that atomic man looked an aweful lot like the painting of teh exploding man in Isaac's room.

I thinkI will be annoyed if Simone works for HRG's company - which is a logical conclusion, given how they planted people all over. Maybe she works for Linderman, and he has his own cadre of Heroes.

incidentally, we have...4 different 'groups' of Heroes now? Is that right?
    1. The cop/atomic/wifi girl - let's call them the rebels.
    2. The dysfunctional Niki family (a Linderman subsidiary, apparently)
    3. The Pitrelli and friends (I would put Isaac in here)
    4. Paper company employees. (Haitian, Invisible man, Eve, Claire)

I am not sure where Hiro fits in all of these, maybe he crosses them. I
    actually find the interrelation of everyone to be not that annoying, where typically I would call "the Princess Leia effect" - Luke had a sister and it had to be Leia, because there were no other females in the universe. Nathan being Claire's biological dad was sort of like this, but it didn't faze me. The interconnections unfolding are another treat in this show, and don't feel preposterous. Maybe because they are in the context of flying politicians and regenerating cheerleaders.

Exiled
    Last edited by Exiled_Devil; 02-28-2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling issues

Latest Heroes Q&A

Remember the weekly Q&A with the Heroes writers I mentioned? Here's a link to today's installment regarding tonight's epidsode:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=9879

The stills are from tonight's episode, but there are only teasers, no spoilers.