Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast

Jeremy Cash ACC Defensive Player of the Year

We're going to miss this guy.

Link
    Last edited by Dev11; 12-02-2015 at 01:16 PM.

He's also a finalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy. Jeremy remains the only nominee ever to be named Player of the Week twice in one season. (Had some tough losses not interrupted the national coverage, he might have been POW three times.)
    http://lottimpacttrophy.org/2015-lot...phy-finalists/

Cash was a pleasure to watch play. He was, seemingly, always in the right place. He is a strong tackler and has that oft staated "nose for the ball." I wish him well in the bowl game and, next year, playing on Sunday afternoons.

A great contributor to our team and leader. Glad you came back this year, Jeremy. Let's win a bowl to ice it off, then look forward to seeing you play on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    We're going to miss this guy.

Link
    Agreed! His leadership and play-making abilities are irreplaceable.

Congrats! Cash has been a huge difference-maker. Best of luck in the NFL!
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
    Congrats! Cash has been a huge difference-maker. Best of luck in the NFL!
    I worry about the hits he's taken while at Duke. He's delivered plenty but he's taken some as well. The one in the bowl game against Cincy being notable.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Cash was a pleasure to watch play. He was, seemingly, always in the right place. He is a strong tackler and has that oft staated "nose for the ball." I wish him well in the bowl game and, next year, playing on Sunday afternoons.
    I wish I could count the number of times I've been watching an opposing offense's play develop, then suddenly Cash comes flying in from somewhere off the TV screen, like he's been shot out of a cannon, and drills the ball carrier. It seems he does that at least four or five times per game.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I worry about the hits he's taken while at Duke. He's delivered plenty but he's taken some as well. The one in the bowl game against Cincy being notable.
    Cash didn't play in the Belk Bowl against Cincinnati. That was his redshirt year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Cash didn't play in the Belk Bowl against Cincinnati. That was his redshirt year.
    So true... it was after that game that he and I were talking back at the hotel. The team had not yet returned from the stadium a few blocks away. He looked at me with that very intense look he gets and told me he was going to carry the team on his back if necessary to prevent future losses... and he's been true to his word. (If you have any doubts about Jeremy's comment, ask Allen Jackson. He was standing there nodding in agreement.)

Put my vote in for him at the ESPN Heisman page to try to get him to show up on the list, but it didn't work so far. To vote for Jeremy, or the leader, Keenan Reynolds, you have to use the write in option. ESPN doesn't want Reynolds winning the vote, which is the main reason I went there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Yes, my faulty memory requires certain allowances. I must've been misremembering the Florida State title game in 2013 perhaps. The Cincy game was a hard hitting affair all the same. There was a fair amount of discussion between the announcers concerning targeting and late hits. Conner Vernon took at least one helmet to helmet hit that wasn't called. The late fumble inside the 5 and Cincy's illegal substitution at the end of the first half which wiped 3 points off the board were painful reminders of Duke's misfortunes pre-Cut. As football losses go that one hurt more than most.

Good man Jeremy! Wish you nothing but the best! Come play in Detroit next year...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Congratulations to Jeremy Cash. Totally deserved. I'm hoping he can join Crowder in the pros. They definitely need help at safety.