Assemble YOUR Best Starting 5 w/the Best Blue Devil Player Ever by Position

Did this on my home board, and it's yielded some decent perspectives and debate. One thing I love about this board is that you all debate very civilly.

There can be no indecision or ties between player x or y at that position. Only one. You can use any current or former Duke player.

Your best pg., sg, sf, pf & c from Duke.

I look forward to your lineups and subsequent discussions. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by KYtotheCore View Post
    Did this on my home board, and it's yielded some decent perspectives and debate. One thing I love about this board is that you all debate very civilly.

There can be no indecision or ties between player x or y at that position. Only one. You can use any current or former Duke player.

Your best pg., sg, sf, pf & c from Duke.

I look forward to your lineups and subsequent discussions. Thanks in advance!
    Dear KY: This is usually an off-season topic.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Oh, OK. I guess that's a difference between the schools. In KY there's no "off season". It becomes "recruiting season". My apologies.

Oh, OK. I guess that's a difference between the schools. In KY there's no "off season". It becomes "recruiting season". My apologies.
    Hey, that was my reaction. Others are welcome to play. It's a good topic.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Good reply.

In KY there's no "off season".
    Better reply.

Hey, that was my reaction. Others are welcome to play. It's a good topic.
    Ok, gotcha . . . I decided to post the same topic here due to your all's former teams/players. Granted, I'm not as up on Duke's teams (pre-Hurley, Laettner, etc), but I'm certain there will be a tremendous challenge to select ONE per position. BTW, I get the feeling you all will soon see "off season" dissolve as well, with the recruits you're pursuing and landing!

Congratulations, you've created a thread so ill-timed a mod came out of retirement to lock it.

Ok, gotcha . . . I decided to post the same topic here due to your all's former teams/players. Granted, I'm not as up on Duke's teams (pre-Hurley, Laettner, etc), but I'm certain there will be a tremendous challenge to select ONE per position. BTW, I get the feeling you all will soon see "off season" dissolve as well, with the recruits you're pursuing and landing!
    No problem with the question, and I am sure there are a few buried threads on it. But I don't mind playing. If I had to field a team with just K's players (no disrespect to the great players before, just hard to compare for me) I could live with:

PG: JWill (although could not argue with Hurley, Amaker, or Kyrie who may have eclipsed them all with a healthy season. Tyus Stones obviously a great choice).

SG: Johnny Dawkins (although cannot argue with JJ. If you let me put Grayson Allen in this spot and give me a full career, I'd say he could be an all-timer)

SF: Grant Hill (too many others to list, And our SF position is often a big guard. As K likes to say, we don't play positions to a large degree. Plug for Billy King because he deserves it).

PF: Shane Battier. May be more prolific scorers (Dunleavy, Ryan Kelly, Danny Ferry) there is no one I would rather have leading on the floor at win time.

C: love Okafor, Brand, Sheldon Williams,catch. But Christian Laettner just simply refused to lose. That's the guy I want in my foxhole.

Again, no disrespect to Dick Groat, Jeff Spenarkel, Gene Banks, G-man, Art Heyman [arguably the most important recruit of the modern era for Duke], and a host of all-conference players I did not name in this brief line-up. But give me those five and I am ready to play.

Oiled love to know your KY starting line-up, and apologize in advance for the inevitable "this isn't a Kentucky board" response some may have. But these are two of the most storied programs in history. And plus I don't have any real antagonism towards Ky. After all -- Laettner hit the shot. ;-)

(Sorry kinda for the last point, but -- it does affect my world view of the issue).

And I am sure there will be other line-ups suggested that will make me reconsider.