Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 71, Yale 64 R32 Post-Game Thread

Survive and advance! Put your post-game thoughts here.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 03-19-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

As my father stated with about two minutes left... "if you look closely, you can see our whole season in this game."

Survive and advance.

Phew! Survive and advance. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I really wanted it to be "Relax and Advance"
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Coach K press conference bingo:

We beat a really good team.
    They are good.
    They are champions.
    We are young.
    We got knocked back.

On to the Sweet 16.

I need a stent.

I need a shower.

Whomever the opponent the next game, I would press Duke as much as possible. Handled poorly throughout the 2nd half.

Man the rebounding disparity took off in the 2nd half. It's going to cost the team a game going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    As my father stated with about two minutes left... "if you look closely, you can see our whole season in this game."

Survive and advance.
    That's a very astute comment.

I'm going to pour myself a double whiskey now so that I don't have to consult DevilDeac on whether or not I'm actually having a heart attack
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

God Bless the 1-3-1 zone! Saved our butts twice against Yale this season!

Thank you MP3 for that block at the end of the game! He wanted to cover the spread badly.

Sweet 16!

After the first half, I thought Duke was going to have their out of their head performance for the tourney. Clearly I was very wrong. But they won and that is all that matters. They learned how to play with pressure. Let's see if it helps next game. This team is in the sweet 16. Grew up big time with this close win.

Whatever. We have all said it all season long, Sweet sixteen would be a great season. We have that. Lets see what happens, hopefully we don't get embarrassed, and hopefully Carolina loses to Providence. They have the best player on the court, anything can happen.

Do we want St Joes or Oregon?
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

That was turrible.

Curious if you guys think that the short bench plus 2 games in 3 days was more of the root of the 2nd half "slip up".

With a few days off to rest and prep, I'm picking Duke to beat Oregon on Thursday, though readily admit Oregon will likely be (slightly) favored. That said, winning that game will require a TREMENDOUS effort, and I don't think there'll be enough left in the tank to take out either A&M or OU in a regional final.

Still - super young team and super short bench getting to an E8... that's a damn good season if it shakes out that way. Heck - even a S16 is a damn good season given the way things played out with not getting Jefferson back.

EDIT: Addendum - the dream of an all ACC final four is still alive. I'm betting on no less than 5 S16 teams, and 3E8 squads. Shaping up (though lots of work left to do) to be a GREAT year for the league in the tourney.

Is there live PC coverage somewhere?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Mason was 2-12. Everyone bagging on Matt may want to consider that. It was our consistently terrible shot selection that almost did us in this game.

Live press conference here. Looks like Yale will go first.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerrick View Post
    I need a stent.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    That's a very astute comment.

I'm going to pour myself a double whiskey now so that I don't have to consult DevilDeac on whether or not I'm actually having a heart attack
    Cardiologists are over-rated. Whiskey is better. Or high ABV hand-crafted ales.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

"Sometimes they get lost in the amusement park"

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    God Bless the 1-3-1 zone! Saved our butts twice against Yale this season!

Thank you MP3 for that block at the end of the game! He wanted to cover the spread badly.

Sweet 16!
    quote of the year in NCAA basketball by Coach K, "Sometimes they get lost in the amusement park"...priceless
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Curious if you guys think that the short bench plus 2 games in 3 days was more of the root of the 2nd half "slip up".

With a few days off to rest and prep, I'm picking Duke to beat Oregon on Thursday, though readily admit Oregon will likely be (slightly) favored. That said, winning that game will require a TREMENDOUS effort, and I don't think there'll be enough left in the tank to take out either A&M or OU in a regional final.

Still - super young team and super short bench getting to an E8... that's a damn good season if it shakes out that way. Heck - even a S16 is a damn good season given the way things played out with not getting Jefferson back.

EDIT: Addendum - the dream of an all ACC final four is still alive. I'm betting on no less than 5 S16 teams, and 3E8 squads. Shaping up (though lots of work left to do) to be a GREAT year for the league in the tourney.
    Very nice thoughts/observations/comments. Thank you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.