A little DMV humor from West Virginia

Yesterday, I was hanging out at the DMV renewing my registration. I thought I'd get a renewal form in the mail but, no, I was told that the WV DMV was under no obligation to send out renewal forms that it was done as a service and a private company did that; sometimes they get around to sending them out, sometimes not. Anyway, since I realized I was driving around with an expired registration, I was hanging out at the DMV.

So anyway, I had my number and was sitting waiting for them to call me, when a guy in a wheelchair comes in. He goes from one counter to another, looks agitated, and then comes over by me and waits. Another guy comes in and he goes counter to counter, looks agitated, and comes over and sits by the guy in the wheelchair.

The two guys then proceed to tell each other why they were there. The wheelchair guy had parked his car at a DairyMart and went into a video poker joint next door. He came out after playing poker for several hours and his car was gone. Thinking that it had been stolen, he called the police. The police came and took his statement, car description, etc. A couple days later they found his car, it had been impounded; the police had seen his car at the Dairy Mart while he was in the video poker joint, thought that it matched the description of a wanted criminal and towed it away. The wheelchair guy had come to the DMV to try to get it back.

The second guy said Aww, that's nothing. He was there to change the address on his driver's licence. The WV state department of transportation had put a new roadsign on his street, but had mispelled the name of the street. When the people who lived on that street complained, the state told them that rather than change the sign that everyone had to change their address. So he was there to change the address on his driver's licence.

Only in West Virginia.
    ~rthomas

rthomas, is this a true story?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    rthomas, is this a true story?
    100% true. Yesterday afternoon. It cracked me up.
    ~rthomas

Wow! Not sure how to respond.

Think I'll stick with shaking my head and wonder could this scene have happened in just about any DMV and not just WV's?