Duke Womens' Golf Gracing the Golf Channel

The Duke women, led by world #1 amateur, Leona Maguire, are taking part in a made-for-TV tournament at the East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta -- now showing on the Golf Channel (Monday PM around 5 EST).

It appears to be a two-day match play format. Duke and Stanford are playing now -- Baylor and USC are in the other match.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Weren't those four schools the semi-finalists last year?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Weren't those four schools the semi-finalists last year?
    Yes, that was the plan. Same for the men, who are also playing: USC, Illinois, LSU and Georgia.

Bad weather today, so the first matches will be completed in the AM. Duke heads Stanford 1-0 and is leading three of the four remaining matches.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yes, that was the plan. Same for the men, who are also playing: USC, Illinois, LSU and Georgia.

Bad weather today, so the first matches will be completed in the AM. Duke heads Stanford 1-0 and is leading three of the four remaining matches.
    I think I posted about this last night in the other thread, but it got bumped off the stage.

GOLF Channel is supposed to have coverage of the finals tomorrow starting at 2:00pm EST, but who knows how that might be affected by the weather delay or if they will sneak in any bonus coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    I think I posted about this last night in the other thread, but it got bumped off the stage.

GOLF Channel is supposed to have coverage of the finals tomorrow starting at 2:00pm EST, but who knows how that might be affected by the weather delay or if they will sneak in any bonus coverage.
    Thanks, awhom, for flagging this earlier. The completion of the first matches are supposed to start at 7AM EST tomorrow (I think the announcers said). I am hoping that will be picked up as well.
    Sage Grouse

Yes, Golf Channel is showing the resumption of yesterday's matches right now. Duke is in good shape for making the finals, two matches already won and up in two of the remaining three.

Editorial comment: Golf Channel coverage is very slanted, well over 90% on the men's matches. You have to pay close attention to get the few glimpses of the women. Maybe it will be better in the finals, when there will only be two sets of matches ... maybe not.

... and Duke just won the third match, into the finals now this afternoon against probably USC (who is well ahead of Baylor).

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I don't know what the big deal is, since Kelly Tilghman is on the Golf Channel all the time.

Duke is down 2-1 in points and trailing badly in a third match. We are not likely to prevail.

Also, I hope Coach Dan Brooks is not waiting at the mailbox for his invitation to join the East Like Golf Club: "There's a lot of grain on these greens. It seems that after the Tour Championship [in September], they backed off a bit on removing the grain from the greens."
    Sage Grouse