Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To overcome the terrible weekend

I can't remember a dog-related thread, so I figured I'd post a picture of my 8 month old boy, Victorianne Pompeii Chain Augustus Caesar, AKA "Augie." My second Airedale running wild in my house these days.

Bringing joy to a dismal weekend for this Duke/Mets fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

He's a cutie. Is that his Duke diploma next to him?

An impressive name, too. Does he compete in shows?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    He's a cutie. Is that his Duke diploma next to him?

An impressive name, too. Does he compete in shows?
    Actually it's a Duke iPad cover.

And while he could, we've chosen not to show him. Our 13 year old Dale, Victorianne Kryptonite Chain Kal-el (get the connection between the litter theme name - Kryptonite - and his name?), aka Kal or Kallie, was shown and became a champion.

Here's Kal's first championship and the two guys together recently. With my recent mandatory retirement from my firm after 38 years (Deloitte), they're bringing unbelievable joy and fun (and chaos) to my life as I start my encore career as a consultant in my own firm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is my Kal, or Kallie, or often Bubba.

Bubba.jpg
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    This is my Kal, or Kallie, or often Bubba.

Bubba.jpg
    Good looking boy. On the alert.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Actually it's a Duke iPad cover.

And while he could, we've chosen not to show him. Our 13 year old Dale, Victorianne Kryptonite Chain Kal-el (get the connection between the litter theme name - Kryptonite - and his name?), aka Kal or Kallie, was shown and became a champion.

Here's Kal's first championship and the two guys together recently. With my recent mandatory retirement from my firm after 38 years (Deloitte), they're bringing unbelievable joy and fun (and chaos) to my life as I start my encore career as a consultant in my own firm.
    Airedales are the best breed of animal I have encountered in my surprisingly long history on the planet. I was fortunate enough to share my life with 2 Airedales over 25 years. They are a touch mischievous and a bit energetic, but if you have some space and time for them, I highly recommend the experience.

I'll play:

Meet Pixel! She's a sweetheart. (She has a shorter cut these days, though.)

JK4_6975.jpg

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I can't remember a dog-related thread, so I figured I'd post a picture of my 8 month old boy, Victorianne Pompeii Chain Augustus Caesar, AKA "Augie." My second Airedale running wild in my house these days.

Bringing joy to a dismal weekend for this Duke/Mets fan.
    I have no dog but am a Royals fan so I have that.

(Ducking flying footballs and dog toys, now)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have no dog but am a Royals fan so I have that.

(Ducking flying footballs and dog toys, now)
    Meh... You Royals fans (all six of you) deserve to be happy. Just keep those Cubs fans in your thoughts and prayers (they need every edge they can get!).

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Meh... You Royals fans (all six of you) deserve to be happy. Just keep those Cubs fans in your thoughts and prayers (they need every edge they can get!).

-jk
    shh - don't tell the Mets fans, but I was pulling for the Cubbies in the NLDS.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    shh - don't tell the Mets fans, but I was pulling for the Cubbies in the NLDS.
    We heard that. And you'll pay. I've got a 135 pound Great Pyrenees that thinks he's a lap-dog, and your lap is looking pretty good to him right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    We heard that. And you'll pay. I've got a 135 pound Great Pyrenees that thinks he's a lap-dog, and your lap is looking pretty good to him right about now.
    Great breed! If I didn't have Dales (on my third now - 2 currently) and I could convince my wife, I would want a GP...or a Newfie. (Clearly I like big dogs - but my largest dale has only been 70 lbs.)

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I'll play:

Meet Pixel! She's a sweetheart. (She has a shorter cut these days, though.)

JK4_6975.jpg

-jk
    This board has just got even cuter.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Airedales are the best breed of animal I have encountered in my surprisingly long history on the planet. I was fortunate enough to share my life with 2 Airedales over 25 years. They are a touch mischievous and a bit energetic, but if you have some space and time for them, I highly recommend the experience.
    I love this breed...(obviously). I have owned only three dogs in my life (or more precisely three dogs have owned me), and all have been 'Dales. You characterize them perfectly. I'd also add brave, bright and spunky. Were police dogs in the UK and were messengers in WWI, running between the trenches.

And for those with allergies, they have little dander, and hair (not fur) - so no shedding.

Yes I am smitten...I just couldn't imagine life without one. I just wish they lived longer than I will. (Dog folks will understand that comment.)

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Send him on over for a visit.

Our bulldogs. Two English, two Frenchie.

image.jpg

I think this one should be a Mothers' Day card.

image.jpg

His name is Kermit the Dog. With Kermit the Frog. He's a Frenchie, as in a froggie. Get it?

image.jpg

Butch and Sundance. Yeah. Like the movie. Sorry, can't seem to rotate it.

image.jpg

... and Duke Igthorn, aka "Iggy Piggy". Katie named him. And it's upside down for some reason.