Thread: Thank You

Thank You

This was my first season perusing the threads and I am extremely grateful to have been a miniscule part of it. I learned more than one could ever imagine about the intricacies of the game. I look so forward to next season and all that will transpire here. Thank you, all! TT

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    This was my first season perusing the threads and I am extremely grateful to have been a miniscule part of it. I learned more than one could ever imagine about the intricacies of the game. I look so forward to next season and all that will transpire here. Thank you, all! TT
    That's why I'm here, too. Been on the site 12 seasons now, still learn new stuff all the time. Please don't hesitate to chime in when you have a question or observation to share. No such thing as a dumb question here!

This is a great community, and thanks for being part of it! I have found this board to be a great resource for information (on sports topics and off topics), as well as for humor and entertainment. Always enjoyed the posters I have gotten to meet over the years as well!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This is a great community, and thanks for being part of it! I have found this board to be a great resource for information (on sports topics and off topics), as well as for humor and entertainment. Always enjoyed the posters I have gotten to meet over the years as well!
    I agree. I really enjoy the basketball discussions, but there's something else I appreciate nearly as much. I have a profound penchant for puns and wordplay. I take comfort in the fact there is such a wealth of talent on this board that I can be as punishing as I wish and others will surpass even my most cringe worthy efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I agree. I really enjoy the basketball discussions, but there's something else I appreciate nearly as much. I have a profound penchant for puns and wordplay. I take comfort in the fact there is such a wealth of talent on this board that I can be as punishing as I wish and others will surpass even my most cringe worthy efforts.
    Don't permit your cringing to impinge on your funning and punning.

And alliteration it seems.

This community, for all its flaws, remains the best online forum I participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And alliteration it seems.

This community, for all its flaws, remains the best online forum I participate in.
    True to (pedantic) DBR form: it’s “in which I participate.”

Ending a sentence in a preposition is an indignity up with which I will not put ....

"Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    True to (pedantic) DBR form: it’s “in which I participate.”

Ending a sentence in a preposition is an indignity up with which I will not put ...

I appreciate you correcting my grammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I appreciate you correcting my grammer.
    Umm... That should read "I appreciate your correcting my grammar."

I probably just took the bait....

“My grammar you corrected. Appreciated, it is.”

— YodaPK

(Or should it be “Appreciated, that is?” Is the latter just more specific than the former?)

Very Joycean there OPK...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    That's why I'm here, too. Been on the site 12 seasons now, still learn new stuff all the time. Please don't hesitate to chime in when you have a question or observation to share. No such thing as a dumb question here!
    We have a very deep bench here. All of whom agree with one concept: GTHC GTH! Except for Wheat, of course.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I remember when I was like 7 or 8 driving from West Palm Beach around Thanksgiving to Chapel Hill with my dad to see the Duke/UNC football game. At the game, the Carolina fans would chant, "GTHD." I said, "Dad, you always told me not to say that word." I then asked why they were saying that to his school. He replied that they were not that bright and didn't know any better. And that's how my opinion of UNC was formed!