Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke @ Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    You and I are one in the same in regards to Duke and UM except my order of preferrence is the opposite.

You can expect immature, ignorant, juvenile comments when dealing with sports based boards. Think of that type of remark as the same as spelling Duke with two O's. Think of that type of opinion as the same as the "Duke gets all the calls" hogwash. You can spend your time trying to educate and arguing or you can just let it slide and let the posters own words speak for them.
    And you can be brainwashed or naive enough to convince yourself that Miami is a clean school. I probably shouldn't make those juvenile comments like "thug U", but I really, really, really, hate how corrupt college athletics has become and its one of those things that just pisses me off. I have no respect for the U of M program or its fans. (Its worth noting that this sentiment also applies to quite a few other schools)

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    And you can be brainwashed or naive enough to convince yourself that Miami is a clean school. I probably shouldn't make those juvenile comments like "thug U", but I really, really, really, hate how corrupt college athletics has become and its one of those things that just pisses me off. I have no respect for the U of M program or its fans. (Its worth noting that this sentiment also applies to quite a few other schools)

Care to point out specifics or are you just going to make blanket statements. I don't care if you respect me or not based on who I choose to cheer for. What I do care about is if you have anything to base your hatred on. Please, cure me of my brainwashing.

We're down 10-0 at half. From the ESPN stat line is looks like Lewis is lighting it up again, but we have no running game and Lewis is being sacked repeatedly.

If the defense stays strong and we make a couple plays, we could win this game.
    Last edited by VaDukie; 09-29-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I think someone in chat linked to yahoo sports 2 games ago and they were streaming both teams' radio broadcasts. Also this site http://www.theboss.us/ has streamed games in the past.
    Tks Oz but sadly their streaming the VA Tech game against unc.

Ronnie Drummer makes it 10-7... we've got a shot.

All important 4th quarter coming up. We have the ball with decent field position. Let's see if we can make this exciting.

Seconds after posting, we fumble...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/scoreboard?&w=5&c=acc

Click the Duke audio link to listen.

Canes are about to score though

Eron Riley hasn't caught a ball according to Yahoo...is he hurt?

ughhhhhhhh, sounds like a BS pass interference call... "The sad part about it is you can't review an official making a bad call"

TD Miami

Was anyone able to actually see the call that they are talking about?
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 09-29-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Cherokee Parks = 230

Yeah, I'd like to see it myself... I don't exactly trust these guys to be impartial.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see it myself... I don't exactly trust these guys to be impartial.
    You mean like "Duke gets all the calls"?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Was anyone able to actually see the call that they are talking about?
    We're listening to the XM broadcast, which is carrying the Miami announcers. (XM always broadcasts the home team's crew.) The flag on the pass interference in the end zone was very, very late--even Miami's announcers suggested it was in response to the end zone crowd's reaction. The Miami announcers said that Roof was livid, and looked like the way Coach K might have reacted to a unfavorable call.

Touchdown Eron Riley!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukeisawesome View Post
    Eron Riley hasn't caught a ball according to Yahoo...is he hurt?
    We just heard from Eron Riley!

Eron is still a beast!!!!!!!!

I missed last week's game other than to see a final score(was in Vegas which had us a a 14 point favorite). Given that we are down by 3 now, where do we stand this week with regards to our kicking game?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You mean like "Duke gets all the calls"?
    I don't even know what that means, but the guys on the Duke Radio network were practically in tears about the call. It sounds every bit like a terrible call - especially reading what Stray Gator said - but I don't think I'm unreasonable to be skeptical of our announcers' neutrality.

Touchdown Eron Riley. We've got Maggio as our kicker by the way. Still alive...

two critical fumbles

by QB Lewis - shout out - is this something which can be avoided through coaching. Fumbles = lapse of concentration, or not accepting the outcome of a play - you have gone as far as you can - protect the ball, or you are caught, protect the ball and sit down. caveat - listening to the game - it did not appear that the ball had been speared or otherwise knocked out from the blind side.

17 - 14 Miami, 9:46 left in 4th quarter.