Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    In one of my leagues (the one with no money) I scored the most points and finished in first place. Had a bye this week (which is good because I would have lost). In my other league (the one with the money that I really care about) I scored the most points, barely made the playoff and lost in the first round to a team that I outscored by over 200 points in the regular season. Roster notes from the team that just lost (flushing all my money):

RB1 - J.Charles -> IR
    RB2 - M.Ingram -> IR
    WR1 - Edleman -> Injured, out
    TE - T.Eifert -> Injured in first quarter yesterday
    QB - Cam Newton -> Sat out the 4th quarter yesterday
    PK - R.Gould -> Missed a 50 yard FG (highly celebrated, Redskins win!)

WR2 - Jefferies - had a good game (thank goodness the Redskins beat the Bears however)
    WR3/Flex - D.Jackson - did next to nothing (at least he didn't fumble a punt at the 6 yard line after running backwards 25 yards)

And just to rub salt in the wound the team I was playing against had the Redskins Jordan Reed who scored a boatload of points.

Oh well, maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Ughhhh more injuries. I'm in a close game but Olsen and Rawls both got hurt
    Lost by 3 in part from the above injuries plus Calvin having his worst game along with a no show from Jeremy Hill.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Title weekend struggles:

Eli Manning (on the road, against better defense, no OBJ) or Ryan Tannehill (home, against worse defense).

And then at RB I need two: Charcandrick West, Toddy Gurley, Tim HIghtower

I feel like West is a definite - Browns are bad and Ware is still hurt. Hightower has been getting a lot of touches since Ingram got hurt and with Brees hurt they might be running even more and the Jags defense is not good. But can I really bench Gurley with the title on the line? Even though he is playing at Seattle.

In my other league my questions are again at RB:

DeAngelo, Gurley, Hightower, Karlos Williams (start 2)

(was leaning towards DeAngelo and HIghtower, but they all have pretty comprable looks)

and at WR:

Jarvis Landry, Emmanuel Sanders, Brandon Cooks (start 2)

(leaning towards Landry and Cooks, but now Brees is hurt and Sanders was huge last week)

ALL ADVICE AND HELP IS APPRECIATED!! THANK YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    Title weekend struggles:

Eli Manning (on the road, against better defense, no OBJ) or Ryan Tannehill (home, against worse defense).

I feel like West is a definite - Browns are bad and Ware is still hurt. Hightower has been getting a lot of touches since Ingram got hurt and with Brees hurt they might be running even more and the Jags defense is not good. But can I really bench Gurley with the title on the line? Even though he is playing at Seattle.

(was leaning towards DeAngelo and HIghtower, but they all have pretty comprable looks)

and at WR:

(leaning towards Landry and Cooks, but now Brees is hurt and Sanders was huge last week)

As for Ryan vs Eli, I sometimes play a contrarian game. I mean, can Eli really post another 4 TD game after having 2 in a row? Meanwhile, Tannehill has been struggling to get the ball in the end zone lately. Maybe this is the week those two reverse their recent trends. That said, is there anyone you can grab off the waiver wire? Maybe someone like Carr, Cousins, or Palmer?

West and Gurley, for sure. Gotta dance with the one that brung ya and Gurley certainly brought you this far.

Your WRs are very mediocre. How did you get into the finals with that roster? I'd be a little afraid of Cooks because Brees has a bad foot. Still, I really don't trust Sanders. He was great last week but has been largely unproductive all season. I mean, it would not be even remotely surprising for him to put up a 2 or 3 point game, which would be a disaster. I'd go with Landry and Cooks and pray Brees can throw off one wheel.

Meanwhile, I am in the championship game in both of my leagues. Antonio Brown's huge week last week carried me through in a really tough matchup. I'd love for Gronk, who I own on both teams after taking him 8th and 9th in the two drafts, to put up a 20 and make winning easy for me. I am a 10 point favorite according to the projections in both leagues. Wish me luck! I've never won two leagues in one season before.

-Jason "Carr going for me tonight... go Raiders!!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thanks.

Let me see:

No, the best waiver option is probably Bridgewater. That league is a keeper/auction league. Talent doesn't come available on the waiver wire often or for long. It's Eli or Tannehill.

I get the idea of dancing with the one that brung ya. It resonates well with me. Running on the Seahawks does not.

The WRs are in my other league. I'm not sure that are that mediocre. I just looked and for the season Cooks is #10, Landry is #14, and Sanders is #22 and we only start two. It's a big league (14 teams). But I've asked the question about how did I get in the finals a few times. My top two picks were Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson. I started off 0-4 and then 1-5. But 8 teams make the playoffs and I squeaked in at 6-7. I won the first week over the 2 seed with DeAngelo and Gurley having big games and Eli, too. I beat the 3 seed last week with another 4 Eli TDs and Cooks having a big game and Deone Buchanon (it's an IDP league). But your suggestion is how I'm feeling too. The Bengals D is solid and I have the least faith in Sanders.

Good luck in your leagues. Gronk is a great advantage (my third league that I'm in the title game I have him and I'm not worried - I feel very confident I will win that one). The Jets have been playing well though. Carr didn't exactly help a lot tonight. Hope you still do well.

I'm not favored in either one. Obviously the one league I barely got in the playoffs and now play the #1 seed. The other league I'm the 2 playing the 1, but I actually scored more points. But I have OBJ in there and have already lost Jamaal Charles, Steve Smith, Jonathan Stewart, and Thomas Rawls in there.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As for Ryan vs Eli, I sometimes play a contrarian game. I mean, can Eli really post another 4 TD game after having 2 in a row? Meanwhile, Tannehill has been struggling to get the ball in the end zone lately. Maybe this is the week those two reverse their recent trends. That said, is there anyone you can grab off the waiver wire? Maybe someone like Carr, Cousins, or Palmer?

West and Gurley, for sure. Gotta dance with the one that brung ya and Gurley certainly brought you this far.

Your WRs are very mediocre. How did you get into the finals with that roster? I'd be a little afraid of Cooks because Brees has a bad foot. Still, I really don't trust Sanders. He was great last week but has been largely unproductive all season. I mean, it would not be even remotely surprising for him to put up a 2 or 3 point game, which would be a disaster. I'd go with Landry and Cooks and pray Brees can throw off one wheel.

Meanwhile, I am in the championship game in both of my leagues. Antonio Brown's huge week last week carried me through in a really tough matchup. I'd love for Gronk, who I own on both teams after taking him 8th and 9th in the two drafts, to put up a 20 and make winning easy for me. I am a 10 point favorite according to the projections in both leagues. Wish me luck! I've never won two leagues in one season before.

-Jason "Carr going for me tonight... go Raiders!!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    Title weekend struggles:

and at WR:

Sorry I never buy the use what brought you there method unless it's a toss up between who to start.

Eli or Tannehill is the toughest so I'm not to sure with this.

West, Gurley or Hightower. Easy pick here, go West and and HIghtower. Hightower is gonna get 25 carries and start whoever is playing rb for the Chiefs.

The other rb situation is harder. Can you not put one in flex? DWILL and Karlos are the best you got this week after that I'd say Hightower. Don't start Gurley!

Wrs I'd deff start Sanders after that though is more interesting. You want to go safe you should take Landry otherwise go for broke and start Cooks
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Thanks.

The use the one who got you there method is good for not feeling regrets if you pick wrong.

I love Gurley, but that Hawks D at home does scare me.

No, no flex. Just 2 RBs.

You def start Sanders? This is why this is killing me - sometimes I feel like he should be the start and sometimes I feel like he is the third best there. Ha ha!

Sorry I never buy the use what brought you there method unless it's a toss up between who to start.

Eli or Tannehill is the toughest so I'm not to sure with this.

West, Gurley or Hightower. Easy pick here, go West and and HIghtower. Hightower is gonna get 25 carries and start whoever is playing rb for the Chiefs.

The other rb situation is harder. Can you not put one in flex? DWILL and Karlos are the best you got this week after that I'd say Hightower. Don't start Gurley!

Wrs I'd deff start Sanders after that though is more interesting. You want to go safe you should take Landry otherwise go for broke and start Cooks

In my free league I ended up going at WR with Landry and Cooks. Cooks looked really good. Landry actually had a decent game without any scores.

For RB I went with Hightower and DeAngelo. Yup, I'm CRUISING to winning that title now.

So in my money league I went with Tannehill over Eli. It's the first quarter of the Sunday night game, so we'll see if that comes back to bite me or not. Tannehill was decent. But did you see the final play of the game? Only the center seemed to know what was happening - none of the other four O-linemen blocked AT ALL. Someone should be paying for that.

For the RB's there I went with Hightower and West. West seemed to universally be the favorite of the options there. Turns out Gurley would have been better. But Hightower was awesome!

I'm very close to winning. All his guys have gone. Unfortunately I had OBJ - and instead of him I'm stuck with Stefon Diggs playing right now. If he can get 70 yards or a TD, I'll win.

Thanks for the helpful advice - and root hard for Diggs!

Tannehill over Eli has proven right.

However it's not going to matter because the lack of options after OBJ got suspended is going to do me in. Oh well. Always next year.

Both of my teams lost last week in the semifinals to teams who scored 140+ points. It makes it all the more frustrating that both of my teams put up over 120 points this week in the consolation games (enough to beat any of the other playoff teams). Such is life in the FFB playoffs.

Championship Game!

I got a great problem on my hands and was looking for more input before I decide on final starters this week.

We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2wr, 1 te, 1 flex (rb,wr,te)

Qbs are Palmer and Ben. Probably gonna be starting Ben since he plays Cleveland as opposed to Palmer who has Seattle.

Now the next 5 spots are where I'm having trouble.

Rbs:
    Gurley vs 49ers
    DWill vs Browns
    D Johnson vs Seahawks
    J White vs Dolphins

Wrs:
    Antonio Brown vs Browns
    AJ Green vs Ravens
    Emmanuel Sanders vs Chargers

My initial thought was start Gurley and DWILL at rb, start Brown and Sanders at wr and put DJohnson at the flex. Only thing is Johnson is playing Seattle but he does so much I think he might still get his. That all means I'm benching AJ Green against a terrible Ravens team. I could bench Sanders for Green but Green is soooooo frustrating sometimes with his dissapearing acts.

I got a great problem on my hands and was looking for more input before I decide on final starters this week.

We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2wr, 1 te, 1 flex (rb,wr,te)

Qbs are Palmer and Ben. Probably gonna be starting Ben since he plays Cleveland as opposed to Palmer who has Seattle.

Now the next 5 spots are where I'm having trouble.

Rbs:
    Gurley vs 49ers
    DWill vs Browns
    D Johnson vs Seahawks
    J White vs Dolphins

Wrs:
    Antonio Brown vs Browns
    AJ Green vs Ravens
    Emmanuel Sanders vs Chargers

My initial thought was start Gurley and DWILL at rb, start Brown and Sanders at wr and put DJohnson at the flex. Only thing is Johnson is playing Seattle but he does so much I think he might still get his. That all means I'm benching AJ Green against a terrible Ravens team. I could bench Sanders for Green but Green is soooooo frustrating sometimes with his dissapearing acts.
    If it was me, I'd go with Gurley, DeAngelo, Brown, Green, and Johnson. Never trust the Pats RB. And Green has some bad games, but overall he's better than Sanders and more consistent, IMO (and the stats this season seem to bear that out). Good luck!