Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Ok I posted a trade on here originally that I ended up turning down (Hyde for Lynch). The guy has counter offered and it's tempting but two guys are under performers who could turn it around.

Hyde/Odell Beckham for Lynch/Calvin/Olsen

What makes it tempting is tightend is the only position I'm not sound on for my team. I got Eric Ebron.
    With the health reports being what they continue to be concerning Lynch I would still turn this one down.

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    With the health reports being what they continue to be concerning Lynch I would still turn this one down.
    I think it is at least debatable. Olsen is elite at TE, and you have a chance to match at the other two spots.

It comes down to this for me:
    - who do you have to drop for roster purposes to make the deal? Is he comparable to what is on the waiver wire?
    - who is your next RB if Lynch continues to struggle with injury? Is he close enough to Hyde to warrant the gain at TE?

You can't look at the trade in isolation because it isn't a position for position trade. Those other factors matter.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The leagues I play in are like yours (basically the industry standard). DW described his league as having 2 RB, a W/R flex, and another W/R/T flex. For the savvy owner, that introduces the option of starting as many as 4 RBs. That is problematic in any league (there aren't enough useful RB). And in a 12-team league, that is a big problem (definitely not 48 useful RB). So you can run into the situation where a few RB injuries kill you.

I avoid this in two ways:
    1. I try to stick to 10-team leagues
    2. In leagues with 12 teams, I'd structure the league format with two RB, 3WR, and a TE (no flex). More than 12 teams? I would suggest a format starting RB, 3WR, a TE, and a flex (W/R/T). Basically capping at two starting RB max. That way you mitigate the risk of injury burying a team with RB.
    See I hate small leagues. 12 is ok but get me in a 14 team league all day. Our is 1qb, 2,rb, 2wr, 1 flex (rb,wr,te), 1 k and 1 d
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Our is 1qb, 2,rb, 2wr, 1 flex (rb,wr,te), 1 k and 1 d
    Wait. did you skip a position or are teams not required to have a TE?

I prefer 12 teams, but seem to always find myself in 10 team leagues. I've never done 14 but I think I would like it.

-Jason "I think there is skill in finding lower level guys who consistently get 5-8 points and get to double digits every so often. Guys like that matter in 12 or 14 team leagues, not so much in 10" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

This is my first week where I am taking the plunge and starting Giovani Bernard over Jeremy Spill. No, I don't really know why I ended up with both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    This is my first week where I am taking the plunge and starting Giovani Bernard over Jeremy Spill. No, I don't really know why I ended up with both of them.
    Looks like you probably regretted that decisions.

Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, and Frank Gore let me down this week. My fears about Brown's performance dropping off with Vick in the lineup may be coming true. That and Bell's return doesn't help matters.

Oh well, at least my DK did well.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wait. did you skip a position or are teams not required to have a TE?

I prefer 12 teams, but seem to always find myself in 10 team leagues. I've never done 14 but I think I would like it.

-Jason "I think there is skill in finding lower level guys who consistently get 5-8 points and get to double digits every so often. Guys like that matter in 12 or 14 team leagues, not so much in 10" Evans
    Yes I did skip one. We do start a tightend. My bad
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think it is at least debatable. Olsen is elite at TE, and you have a chance to match at the other two spots.

It comes down to this for me:
    - who do you have to drop for roster purposes to make the deal? Is he comparable to what is on the waiver wire?
    - who is your next RB if Lynch continues to struggle with injury? Is he close enough to Hyde to warrant the gain at TE?

You can't look at the trade in isolation because it isn't a position for position trade. Those other factors matter.
    In answer to those questions it's like this
    1. I have to drop Davante Adams (fine by me)
    2. My other backs are Jamal Charles, Jeremy Hill, TJ Yeldon, Danny Woodhead and some guy from the Titans (adams?)
    3. Tightend goes from Ebron to Olsen and my recievers are now Hopkins and Calvin Johnson.

I'm thinking about trading Ebron and someone for another solid wr

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Looks like you probably regretted that decisions.
    Yes, I did. Classic case of overthinking. I really need to trade Bernard away to someone... I'm just hesitant because on the chance that either Hill or Bernard gets injured, the healthy one would be such an awesome fantasy RB.

In answer to those questions it's like this
    1. I have to drop Davante Adams (fine by me)
    2. My other backs are Jamal Charles, Jeremy Hill, TJ Yeldon, Danny Woodhead and some guy from the Titans (adams?)
    3. Tightend goes from Ebron to Olsen and my recievers are now Hopkins and Calvin Johnson.

I'm thinking about trading Ebron and someone for another solid wr
    In that case I would do it. You won't be hurting at RB, it is largely a wash at WR, and you get a TE.

Lynch is out again tonight at RB. Still makes me not want to do that deal, but I see the other side. It's interesting.

I'm hoping since Hill came off a 3 touchdown performance I can trade him right away along with a bench player or two (Maybe Ebron now) and snag another good rb plus a good wr. Maybe like Edelman and Ingram

Any thoughts on whether to start Percy Harvin or Travis Benjamin for a Flex WR/TE position this week? It's a PPR league, which also gives points for return yards (1 pt per 20 yards with a bonus at 100, 150, and 200).

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    Any thoughts on whether to start Percy Harvin or Travis Benjamin for a Flex WR/TE position this week? It's a PPR league, which also gives points for return yards (1 pt per 20 yards with a bonus at 100, 150, and 200).
    The Bills play the Titans and the Browns play the Ravens, so Harvin has the more favorable match-up. The Bills also appear to not having any rushing threat for this week due to injury, so they will likely be using the passing game a little more than usual. Harvin becomes the No. 1 option for the Bills in the case that Watkins can't play, where Benjamin is the No.1 option for the Browns (I believe). In this case I would lean towards starting Harvin, but I don't think it's clear cut.

I would start TB but I just have zero faith in Harvin. However you said ppr and return yards which makes it difficult.

So if I'm starting Ryan Tannehill at QB with the best available being Eli Manning and Matt Stafford, do I consider a trade offer of Carson Palmer for Mike Evans? Evans is currently my WR3, would end up playing Allen Robinson, Pierre Garcon, or Travis Benjamin (we get 1 pt per 25 return yards in this league so he's got some added value there) in his place if I gave him up.

Nervous about rolling with Tannehill but not sure I want to give up Mike Evans' upside either.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    So if I'm starting Ryan Tannehill at QB with the best available being Eli Manning and Matt Stafford, do I consider a trade offer of Carson Palmer for Mike Evans? Evans is currently my WR3, would end up playing Allen Robinson, Pierre Garcon, or Travis Benjamin (we get 1 pt per 25 return yards in this league so he's got some added value there) in his place if I gave him up.

Nervous about rolling with Tannehill but not sure I want to give up Mike Evans' upside either.
    Palmer is a good QB, but is he that much better than Manning/Stafford that you are willing to give up a WR with some upside (I say upside because I think Winston will become more comfortable as the season goes on).

Hmmm I wouldn't give up on Tannehill. The man put up some good fantasy numbers last year and he has the weapons to do better this year. They just fired their head coach so I'd wait a couple more games to see of the interim hc can right the ship.

I've also entertained the idea of offering him Garçon, and then nabbing Crowder who I think has pretty good upside for the rest of the season (especially with return yardage plus how fun would it be to play a Duke guy). I agree about Tannehill, I unfortunately got both him and Miller so I'm hoping the coaching change does some good, Carson would be a nice bye week fill in and seems to be a nice option to lean on should Tannehill not turn things around. At the same time with Reed out may not be the right time to sell Garçon.

I've also entertained the idea of offering him Garçon, and then nabbing Crowder who I think has pretty good upside for the rest of the season (especially with return yardage plus how fun would it be to play a Duke guy). I agree about Tannehill, I unfortunately got both him and Miller so I'm hoping the coaching change does some good, Carson would be a nice bye week fill in and seems to be a nice option to lean on should Tannehill not turn things around. At the same time with Reed out may not be the right time to sell Garçon.
    I have pulled the trigger and plan on starting Crowder this week. I made him my last draft pick in a couple leagues and he has been waiting patiently on my bench. This week I have byes and injuries so I am putting Crowder in.