Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    A top 50 prospect with a famous father has listed Duke, Kentucky, and Michigan State as schools from which he would like to receive a scholarship offer. Shareef O'Neal, son of Shaquille O'Neal, is a 6'9" power forward. He's set some lofty goals for himself (scroll down). Duke has had success with former NBA players' kids (Henderson, Smith, etc.). Might the Big Aristotle become a proud Duke father?
    Shaq has the potential to be one of the all-time great Duke player parents. Does Barkley have a son that plays well? He would be even better.

Imagine if Kenny Smith had a son that chose Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No idea. David Robinson's son is a walk-on. There is a value to having great players associated with our program, and sitting in the stands.
    While I love Justin Robinson (I've met him in person and he is a great kid) there is a wide gulf between what the recruiting experts think about Justin and what they think about Shareef O'Neal. I'm not 100% certain but I believe that Justin didn't get any major college scholarship offers. Shareef is one of the top 30 or so recruits in the class of 2018 with offers from big time programs like UCLA, USC, Baylor, and others. It is still very early in his recruitment, but it is clear that expectations for him would be significantly higher than Justin Robinson (I'd love for Justin to exceed expectations in a big way, like his father did).

-Jason "as you can see in this mixtape, Shareef is different from his daddy... Shareef seems to have nice perimeter skills in addition to his size" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    While I love Justin Robinson (I've met him in person and he is a great kid) there is a wide gulf between what the recruiting experts think about Justin and what they think about Shareef O'Neal. I'm not 100% certain but I believe that Justin didn't get any major college scholarship offers. Shareef is one of the top 30 or so recruits in the class of 2018 with offers from big time programs like UCLA, USC, Baylor, and others. It is still very early in his recruitment, but it is clear that expectations for him would be significantly higher than Justin Robinson (I'd love for Justin to exceed expectations in a big way, like his father did).

-Jason "as you can see in this mixtape, Shareef is different from his daddy... Shareef seems to have nice perimeter skills in addition to his size" Evans
    I'd like to see him shoot free throws...
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'd like to see him shoot free throws...
    he seems to have decent perimeter skills, for whatever a mixtape is worth. looks more like a new age forward who could play the 3 or 4 than a natural post player like his pops.

Marvin Bagley trims his list

The number one recruit, in 2018, included the Blue Devils on his final list of six. I don't know much about his game, but he's already 6'10" so what's not to like

Quote Originally Posted by rhynelander View Post
    The number one recruit, in 2018, included the Blue Devils on his final list of six. I don't know much about his game, but he's already 6'10" so what's not to like
    The finalists are:

Arizona
    Arizona State
    Duke
    Kentucky
    Oregon
    UCLA

Scout Releases its Revised 2018 Top 100

Scout released its updated list of prospects for 2018, and the top of the list features a lot of Duke targets. Below I've listed the players Duke has offered for 2018 and their rank in the new Scout Top 100 list overall and position ranking.

• Marvin Bagley, 6'11" PF, #1 Overall, #1 PF
    • Zion Williamson, 6'7" SF/PF, #2 Overall, #2 PF
    • Romeo Langford, 6'5" SG, #3 Overall, #1 SG
    • Cameron Reddish, 6'6", SF #4 Overall, # SF
    • Tre Jones, 6'2" PG, #25 Overall, #7 PG

So yeah, Duke is looking at the top players in the 2018 class at the moment. I've read a lot of talk about how this is a down year for recruiting in comparison to 2016 and 2017. Still, it looks like the staff is prioritizing the best players.

Zion Williamson@ZionW32 15h15 hours ago
    Thanks for coach K and Duke basketball for coming to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Zion Williamson@ZionW32 15h15 hours ago
    Thanks for coach K and Duke basketball for coming to visit

I would feel much more confident about Zion in the future if he changes his attire to the swoosh ! A very good prospect tho !

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I would feel much more confident about Zion in the future if he changes his attire to the swoosh ! A very good prospect tho !
    I'm not worried about that aspect. If Williamson starts to show a lot of interest in Maryland, UCLA, California, etc. then maybe.

The whole staff (K, Capel, Scheyer, and James) was at Apple Valley tonight to watch Tre Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    The whole staff (K, Capel, Scheyer, and James) was at Apple Valley tonight to watch Tre Jones.
    I'd be shocked in Tre doesn't go to Duke. Big Brother + PG needs + Royal Duke Treatment = Magic.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I'd be shocked in Tre doesn't go to Duke. Big Brother + PG needs + Royal Duke Treatment = Magic.
    Related note, Tre will be at CTC.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Cf Capel, Jason.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Cf Capel, Jason.
    Jeff was better: clap, clap, clap/clap/clap.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Jeff was better: clap, clap, clap/clap/clap.

Yes, but he also had to do school work in between basketball development.

All four coaches visited the #1 player in 2018 Marvin Bagley last night. Coaches have been on the road for a few days straight now. I'm guessing they trust Amile to hold down the fort pretty well by now.

I haven't heard anything about Bagley reclassifying but he's got the Josh Jackson age thing going on. He would be 19.5 years old when he started college if he stays in 2018.

Troubling Recruiting Development with Top 2018 Target Zion Williamson

The talented forward is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Western Kentucky soon. WKU's new head coach Rick Stansbury makes John Calipari look like a saint. Opposing coaches and even writers feel comfortable openly questioning Stansbury's ethics when it comes to recruiting. It's possible that Duke may not want to be involved in Williamson as a result. That's just speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if Duke suddenly cools on the #2 player in the country. The program doesn't need or want to be involved in shady dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The talented forward is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Western Kentucky soon. WKU's new head coach Rick Stansbury makes John Calipari look like a saint. Opposing coaches and even writers feel comfortable openly questioning Stansbury's ethics when it comes to recruiting. It's possible that Duke may not want to be involved in Williamson as a result. That's just speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if Duke suddenly cools on the #2 player in the country. The program doesn't need or want to be involved in shady dealings.
    As long as we treat Williamson honorably and he does not accept any improper benefits from WKU, I see no problem here. He is going to check out a hot coach who makes a strong recruiting pitch. It does not automatically mean the kid will fall prey to illegal recruiting inducements.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Per Twitter, Williamson has canceled the trip to WKU.

Evan DanielsVerified account@EvanDaniels 3h3 hours agoKentucky, USA
    Zion Williamson's trip that was scheduled for this weekend to Western Kentucky has been put on hold. Was told he plans to reschedule.

Brad Stephens@BradBGDN 3h3 hours agoBowling Green, KY
    Hilltopper Hysteria visit update:Zion Williamson won't be there.