Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Even though Romeo has a good handle and passes well, I believe that he is primarily a SG(have had the pleasure of seeing him in person twice when I recently lived in Indiana). Excited that Duke has interest!
    I was talking about Tre Jones

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Yes, not sure exactly how the Tre Jones thread from last September got revived to talk about Romeo Langford. Confusing.

Even though Romeo has a good handle and passes well, I believe that he is primarily a SG(have had the pleasure of seeing him in person twice when I recently lived in Indiana). Excited that Duke has interest!
    Believe kAzE was referencing Tre Jones, who this thread was initially about before my Langford post. I think Duke will gladly take both, though.

Oops - Just saw the comments above! I revived it because it says 2018 Recruiting and was the only 2018 recruiting thread I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Believe kAzE was referencing Tre Jones, who this thread was initially about before my Langford post. I think Duke will gladly take both, though.

Oops - Just saw the comments above! I revived it because it says 2018 Recruiting and was the only 2018 recruiting thread I could find.
    Thanks--that makes sense; I didn't focus on the "2018 Recruiting" in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes, not sure exactly how the Tre Jones thread from last September got revived to talk about Romeo Langford. Confusing.
    Is there a general 2018 Duke hoops recruiting thread? The title of this thread seems to indicate this is where one would go to discuss 2018 recruiting, Tre Jones-centric or otherwise, no?
    Last edited by English; 04-18-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Redundant now.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    My bad! I know Romeo has at least one brother, but not any with a Natty!

Thread title changed...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Laying everybody low with the jump shots that he made...

My bad! I know Romeo has at least one brother, but not any with a Natty!
    Brothers are OK, it is the trainer/uncles we need to watch for.

Actually, we might vet the entire Montague clan, just to be sure.

tar heels will have no idea what I am talking about, except to wonder what an animal doctor has to do with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

tar heels will have no idea what I am talking about, except to wonder what an animal doctor has to do with anything.
    No can spork. Always nice to have a literary reference or two.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

In their defense, Tarheels are more familiar with the Capulets, though they prefer those fast-acting geltabs.

So that's 3 offers for 2018: PF Marvin Bagley, PG Tre Jones, and SG Romeo Langford

At this point, it's incredibly hard to predict which players will stick around for more than a year or two, but the following players will be eligible, at least (excluding obvious one-and-done players):

Seniors: Jeter, Kennard, and Vrankovic
    Juniors: DeLaurier, Jackson, and White
    Sophomores: No idea

I am really hoping the coaches can get a commit from a good 2-4 year point guard in 2017. We'll probably target some less heralded (not top 10) post players in 2017-18 to replace Jeter and Vrankovic, too. In other news, Bagley has a perfect 1.000 rating from 247sports. He appears to be one of the best recruits to come along in a while, up there in the Jabari/Wiggins or better category. Here's hoping he picks Duke and that we can surround him with some experienced guys like Kennard, Jeter, and DeLaurier.

2-3 yr PG

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    So that's 3 offers for 2018: PF Marvin Bagley, PG Tre Jones, and SG Romeo Langford

At this point, it's incredibly hard to predict which players will stick around for more than a year or two, but the following players will be eligible, at least (excluding obvious one-and-done players):

Seniors: Jeter, Kennard, and Vrankovic
    Juniors: DeLaurier, Jackson, and White
    Sophomores: No idea

I am really hoping the coaches can get a commit from a good 2-4 year point guard in 2017. We'll probably target some less heralded (not top 10) post players in 2017-18 to replace Jeter and Vrankovic, too. In other news, Bagley has a perfect 1.000 rating from 247sports. He appears to be one of the best recruits to come along in a while, up there in the Jabari/Wiggins or better category. Here's hoping he picks Duke and that we can surround him with some experienced guys like Kennard, Jeter, and DeLaurier.
    I really like Devon Dotson from Providence Day School in Charlotte (full disclosure: my former HS). He's a very good athlete, has above-average handles and plays under control. Plays a lot like the pre-injury D Rose - explosive, quick first step, excellent finisher around the rim. Offered by UNC, NC State, and Florida among others. He would be a great get as a 2-3 yr pg.

http://247sports.com/Player/Devon-Dotson-86263

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    I am really hoping the coaches can get a commit from a good 2-4 year point guard in 2017. .
    I believe the staff has been keeping an eye on Quade Green. He's #39 on 247's composite ranking so he would be a multi-year type player but still a very talented kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    I believe the staff has been keeping an eye on Quade Green. He's #39 on 247's composite ranking so he would be a multi-year type player but still a very talented kid.
    When recruiting that far ahead, players ratings are likely to change based on performance. So a #39 might be a whole range from 10 to 50. I believe what the coaches see is that he has the potential to be rated higher than #39.

Take this for what it's worth, but I just talked to a very good recruiting guy today and he said (1) that Quade Green is looking like the best pure playmaker on the AAU circuit this spring and (2) Langford grew up a Duke fan

Don't make too much of either observation, but both are interesting to me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    When recruiting that far ahead, players ratings are likely to change based on performance. So a #39 might be a whole range from 10 to 50. I believe what the coaches see is that he has the potential to be rated higher than #39.
    This is true but he's class of 2017 so it's not terribly far out. If it weren't for Bolden we would have moved on completely to 2017 recruiting by now. But yes, from things I've seen recently I think he is on the rise.

This is true but he's class of 2017 so it's not terribly far out. If it weren't for Bolden we would have moved on completely to 2017 recruiting by now. But yes, from things I've seen recently I think he is on the rise.
    So why are we talking about Green pretty extensively in the 2018 recruiting thread?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    So why are we talking about Green pretty extensively in the 2018 recruiting thread?
    Stuff happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Romeo Langford(2018)

Stuff happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    For metro Atlanta Duke fans, Romeo and his 17U Eric Gordon All-Stars AAU team are playing (at least) 4 games this weekend at the Suwanee Sports Academy(full schedule at adidasuprising.com).