Good Cam Reddish Read

"Cam knows he's got more in him," Scheyer said. "I think he knew when he signed up that this wasn't going to be easy. He's not just going to scoot by. As good as he is, he's nowhere close to as good as he can be.

"He's going to get pushed, and he's going to get coached. We'll put him in a position where it's not going to be easy. But a year from now, he'll be such a better player compared to where he is now. Our environment, with the players he'll be going against every day in practice, he can be and should be an incredibly special player."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Quote Originally Posted by NM Duke Fan View Post
    "Cam knows he's got more in him," Scheyer said. "I think he knew when he signed up that this wasn't going to be easy. He's not just going to scoot by. As good as he is, he's nowhere close to as good as he can be.

"He's going to get pushed, and he's going to get coached. We'll put him in a position where it's not going to be easy. But a year from now, he'll be such a better player compared to where he is now. Our environment, with the players he'll be going against every day in practice, he can be and should be an incredibly special player."

That kid has a huge upside - such a natural. He has a rep for not having a motor but so did Bagley. Barrett is still mad from the end of the game for not getting the foul call- and will probably go back into the gym tonight. That kid looks like he will not take any nonsense from his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    That kid has a huge upside - such a natural. He has a rep for not having a motor but so did Bagley.
    Bagley? His biggest strength as a prospect was considered his non-stop motor. Are you thinking of someone else?

That kid has a huge upside - such a natural. He has a rep for not having a motor but so did Bagley. Barrett is still mad from the end of the game for not getting the foul call- and will probably go back into the gym tonight. That kid looks like he will not take any nonsense from his teammates.
    Huh? I do not recall anyone questioning Bagley’s motor in high school, much less enough people for it to be part of his reputation. In fact, it was often touted as one of his biggest strengths—that in addition to being so skilled, he was just relentless in attacking the hoop and going after rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Huh? I do not recall anyone questioning Bagley’s motor in high school, much less enough people for it to be part of his reputation. In fact, it was often touted as one of his biggest strengths—that in addition to being so skilled, he was just relentless in attacking the hoop and going after rebounds.
    I may confused him with someone else. I will see if I can find the scouting report.

Nine assists tonight, only one TO.

I may confused him with someone else. I will see if I can find the scouting report.
    I remember Ayton's motor being questioned. He was described as having an ideal physique for basketball and all the physical tools in the world, but he sometimes took possessions off or disappeared. That was why he was ranked below Bagley and Porter. I've heard similar things said about Reddish - that if you wanted to build a perfect specimen for playing basketball in a lab you would basically create his body, but the motor isn't always there. It remains to be seen if this is just scouts trying to pick apart his game or whether there's any truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I remember Ayton's motor being questioned. He was described as having an ideal physique for basketball and all the physical tools in the world, but he sometimes took possessions off or disappeared. That was why he was ranked below Bagley and Porter. I've heard similar things said about Reddish - that if you wanted to build a perfect specimen for playing basketball in a lab you would basically create his body, but the motor isn't always there. It remains to be seen if this is just scouts trying to pick apart his game or whether there's any truth to it.
    I think you are right- Ayton’s motor was questioned.

Nah . . . Bagley's motor is second to no one. That's a huge part of why he's so good.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Watching Reddish in the McD game yesterday, I think some of this perception comes from how easy he makes the game look. He let's the game come to him. And because things are so easy for him, I can see him coasting a bit. Crazy talent. He really did look like a 6'7" point guard at times. Opposite of Barrett, who is always on and forces the action quite a bit. I think playing against each other will really them grow.

Maybe you're thinking Bolden? That was the big question on him, but he made great strides this season IMO.

Cam reminds me of a Brandon Ingram/Grayson combo. An extremely athletically gifted introvert that plays a game that usually rewards hooters and hollerers with McD’s game MVP honors.

Ingram comes to mind.

Coach K figures that one out.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by NM Duke Fan View Post

I tell you who he reminds me of....Reggie Theus
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

I somehow missed this video when it was originally published. Reddish's highlights from the Jordan Brand Classic. It's a highlight video but you can really see the physical tools and skills that he possesses. He plays much more like a guard than I had expected - can handle the ball and sees the floor well. I think Reddish has been somewhat overlooked by us fans behind the excellent play of Barrett for the Canadian team and the physical measurements of Zion, but he's going to be really good. Kind of reminds me of Tatum at that age.