Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145
Results 2,881 to 2,887 of 2887
    [QUOTE=plimnko;1077744]
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I am pleased to see your optimism for next year. I am not there yet. But I also live in a state where weed is legal...[/QU

instead of the weed, try a pair of these duke blue glasses

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, I would say that none of the guys coming in have reputations as good defenders. Barrett has a reputation for trying hard and has the desire and physical tools to be a good defender, but it hasn't translated to him being a great defender yet. Reddish has all the tools on both ends of the floor, but doesn't bring it consistently on either end. Williamson has the best physical gifts on the team, but his teams have played zone and he hasn't exactly looked engaged on defense. And Jones is a very smart player, but is not considered a stout defender.

Now, any or all of those guys COULD develop into good defenders at Duke. Or, they could turn out like Duval and Bagley and not realize their defensive potential next year. It is a "you never know" sort of thing with freshmen. But the odds are that they won't be effective defensively next year, as fairly few guys have been effective defenders as freshmen at Duke.
    I concede these are all fair points. But it does sound as though K intends to have a "switching man to man" be our primary (though not exclusive) defense this season, and believes the freshman will be up to the task. The over/under on how long it takes for him to concede otherwise might be a good off-season contest though.

I'd just as soon we start out with a zone and save ourselves the pain of watching them trying to plan man to man, rotate, etc (yeah, maybe they can do it, but it's not easy).

The length and athleticism of the incoming group could produce a great zone.

Jaiden Delaire reclassified to 2018 and committed to Stanford. I know he had been somewhat on our radar. Glad we won’t have to deal with the confusion of having Jaiden Delaire and Javin DeLaurier on the same team. I’ve finally gotten past Luke Kennard/Kenny Dennard and Brian Zoubek/Greg Koubek.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Jaiden Delaire reclassified to 2018 and committed to Stanford. I know he had been somewhat on our radar. Glad we won’t have to deal with the confusion of having Jaiden Delaire and Javin DeLaurier on the same team. I’ve finally gotten past Luke Kennard/Kenny Dennard and Brian Zoubek/Greg Koubek.
    There must have been foul play here if Stanford got a kid to reclassify so late, right?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Delaire will fit nicely into spot opened up with transfer of Reid Travis. Delaire was a very heavy UCONN lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    There must have been foul play here if Stanford got a kid to reclassify so late, right?
    His agent suggested it.