Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Muppets

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    My problem with the show is that it's already been done. Twice.
    The whole premise is a mashup of The Gary Shandling Show and The Office. I don't think it's horrible, but it sure isn't great. I laughed plenty, but it just annoyed me that it was far from original, which is something I've always loved about the Muppets.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I recall being a huge fan of the original Muppet Show. However, I recently ordered a couple of the DVDs from Netflix and found it to be not nearly as funny as I remembered. Apparently Disney, who owns the Muppet Show now, for some reason has only released the first three original seasons on DVD but not the last two. Season three was apparently released in 2008 so there must be somebody whose agreement is required in order to release seasons 4 and 5 but who is holding out for some reason. Does anybody remember if seasons 4 and 5 were significantly funnier? I thought I remembered that the ratings went up in season 4.