House season premiere - no real spoilers

I bow down to anyone who predicted the ending. Actually, I'm angry at myself for not figuring it out. I should have known the writers wouldn't insert those two characters so pointlessly. My brain must have gotten lazy over the summer.

What a great start to the season!

i agree - it was a great season premier. i did think it was a little farfetched that he couldnt recognize her even once her head was out of bandage etc.

anyhow - loved it, looking forward to next week.

Will they show a rerun somewhere on cable? I just picked up Dr. House a few months ago, but he's already become my favorite character in the history of television.

I didn't think it was farfetched at all. He pulled her out of the rubble. Her face was all swollen and red, etc. Therefore, it never crossed his mind that it wasn't her. He believed with all his heart that it was her. Just like the Taylor University incident. I imagine it would have been really hard to have been close to the Taylor incident and unknowlingly watch this epi.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    Will they show a rerun somewhere on cable? I just picked up Dr. House a few months ago, but he's already become my favorite character in the history of television.
    USA usually replays the epi ten days later. Alone should repeat Friday 10/5 at 11pm (usually).

House is one of the shows I actually try to make time for, not during the week on Fox, when its impossible, but on Friday nights on USA (right after Monk and Psych).

Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard Hugh Laurie speak as Hugh Laurie? A very genteel and courtly British gent. The Jeckyll and Hyde routine he does switching over to the ultimate American misanthrope has got to be one of the all-time great acting jobs.

Thumbs up

Just out of curiosity, have you ever heard Hugh Laurie speak as Hugh Laurie? A very genteel and courtly British gent. The Jeckyll and Hyde routine he does switching over to the ultimate American misanthrope has got to be one of the all-time great acting jobs.
    Agreed - I actually had no idea he was a Brit until last year, I was watching BBC on PBS (it came on after Monty Python IIRC) and this show came on. There he was, some 15 years younger and speaking in a (gasp) British accent?!?

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Agreed - I actually had no idea he was a Brit until last year, I was watching BBC on PBS (it came on after Monty Python IIRC) and this show came on. There he was, some 15 years younger and speaking in a (gasp) British accent?!?
    Check out Blackadder 3 and 4. Hilarious! When you compare it with his performance on House, you begin to really appreciate his complete talent.

He also plays the father in the Stuart Little movies. Dude definitely has range.

Hugh Laurie is pretty funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO0fcZp5Ms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQAuw4NYLA

and he is also the keyboard player for the Band from TV.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Mx3z2wryA

A very talented dude.
    ~rthomas

hugh laurie

If anybody follows Friends, Hugh Laurie has a bit part in the episode where Rachel flies to London to bust up Ross' marraige to Emily.

He plays the passenger who sits next to Rachel on the plane and has to endure her endless drivel about her relationship for Ross. He has 5-6 lines in what I believe is his normal British accent, plus a pretty good punchline ("And I have to say, based on what you told me, that it's clear to me that you and this Ross WERE on a break!")

13. Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    Laurie is a very talented guy. He graduated from Eton, then Cambridge, where he was a member of the legendary Cambridge Footlights with Emma Thompson. (Several of the members of Monty Python, as well as other famous British comedic actors, were also members of the Footlights.) He's also an accomplished musician and plays all the music his character plays on the show.

The first time I saw him was in the Black Adder BBC series (he's in series 3 and 4) with Rowan Atkinson. His characters are about as far from House as they could possibly be. The main reason I started watching the show was to see Hugh Laurie, and he's definitely the reason I keep watching. I'm not sure there are too many other actors who could pull that character off.