All-time Duke Mormon Team?

I have a good friend that is a) a Mormon BYU grad and b) a big UNC fan. So naturally I've been rubbing it in that Jabari Parker and now Frank Jackson have chosen Duke. But it got me wondering about which college has had the best collection of Mormon players.

Duke has had Jabari Parker, Chris Burgess (split with Utah), Matt Christensen and, looking ahead Frank Jackson. Am I leaving anyone off the team? Taymon Domzalski?
    BYU has had Danny Ainge, Jimmer Fredette, Greg Kite, Michael Smith and Fred Roberts, and a lot of other okay players.
    Utah had Tom Chambers, Danny Vranes
    Stanford had Casey Jacobson and Mark Madsen.
    NCState has Thurl Bailey - who apparently converted while playing in SLC.

So I think it's between Duke and BYU, but Duke needs a fifth to round out our team. Thoughts?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    I have a good friend that is a) a Mormon BYU grad and b) a big UNC fan. So naturally I've been rubbing it in that Jabari Parker and now Frank Jackson have chosen Duke. But it got me wondering about which college has had the best collection of Mormon players.

Duke has had Jabari Parker, Chris Burgess (split with Utah), Matt Christensen and, looking ahead Frank Jackson. Am I leaving anyone off the team? Taymon Domzalski?
    BYU has had Danny Ainge, Jimmer Fredette, Greg Kite, Michael Smith and Fred Roberts, and a lot of other okay players.
    Utah had Tom Chambers, Danny Vranes
    Stanford had Casey Jacobson and Mark Madsen.
    NCState has Thurl Bailey - who apparently converted while playing in SLC.

So I think it's between Duke and BYU, but Duke needs a fifth to round out our team. Thoughts?
    Mercedes Riggs.

BYU wins, hands down.

Probably not an exhaustive list (Burgess isn't on it), but this page has 30 Mormons who have played in the NBA, 13 from BYU. http://latterdaysports.com/mormons-in-the-nba/

Domzalski wasn't Mormon. I don't think Duke could field a team with Mormons at all five positions.

Kind of hard to win playing 4 (or until next year 3) against 5. I say BYU wins, both on top-end performers (Parker may eventually catch Ainge but he is not there yet) and depth.

Also, Utah had Burgess for as long as we did, so I think he goes on that list two. So I would give Utah the edge over us, as they have the best player and also can field a full team (lots of decent Mormons on Utah's roster over the years too).

Quote Originally Posted by mbwalker View Post
    BYU wins, hands down.

Probably not an exhaustive list (Burgess isn't on it), but this page has 30 Mormons who have played in the NBA, 13 from BYU. http://latterdaysports.com/mormons-in-the-nba/

Domzalski wasn't Mormon. I don't think Duke could field a team with Mormons at all five positions.
    Burgess played at Utah, not BYU. And he didn't play in the NBA, so wewouldn't make the list anyway. But I agree: BYU #1, Utah #2, then Duke #3.

LOL @ this thread. Can't wait for the off-season to end.

Quote Originally Posted by mbwalker View Post
    BYU wins, hands down.

I think you're right, sadly. Well, our Mormon team is a lot better than UNC's. I've still got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    Can we do the All-Pentacostal Team next!?

"What it was was Football"

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    It doesn't have to be the off-season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xus57BaY3hI

The Northwestern bunch and the Duke bunch will square off this Saturday, and they even have each their own outhouse

On-topic: Does Tee Moorman count? That's an All-American right there.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Does having Dr. Moorman as the head of sports medicine at Duke count for anything?