Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mr. Robot

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    After the credits, there's the scene with...
    I saw that scene -- it made me wonder if they'd done that with any other episodes.

In case anyone is interested, the building at center of the "stage 2" plot is one of the weirdest and most interesting looking buildings in lower Manhattan.

It's the AT&T Long Lines building at 33 Thomas. What's remarkable about it is that it has no windows at all, and while it seems it should be starkly in contrast to the neighborhood it sits in, it some how works. It was apparently designed to survive a nuclear attack, and can function off the grid for several weeks. And it looks like something out of a crazy dystopian scifi movie.

Just watched the finale. So, Tyrell shoots Eliot with some kind of nonlethal charge. And White Rose is bent on destroying Ecorps why again? Do we know the real humiliation at the root of his mission?

Chinese govt loans Ecorps the trillions, White Rose is the Dark Army plant in Chinese govt...so Dark Army is attacking FSociety to get control of what FSociety is about to control, all real property records. Am I wrong on this?

And why did Angela not talk to her lawyer in that creepy scene from last week?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I assume that Dark Army is working with (possibly using?) Fscociety (which is now Tyrell and Elliot) to bring E-corp to the ground. I'm not entirely sure what DA's play is in this, especially after the Chinese government's large loan.

Angela didn't talk to her lawyer because she's now working for White Rose. What White Rose told her to win her over is still unknown.

So why then was Dark Army shooting at Darlene and the now departed Cisco? Theoretically, I mean. Trying to off them before the FBI could get any info from them?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So why then was Dark Army shooting at Darlene and the now departed Cisco? Theoretically, I mean. Trying to off them before the FBI could get any info from them?
    If I had to venture a guess - yes. Kill them before they got let any information get out.

Need to do a complete re-watch of the season when I find some time. Like to watch season one again as well.

It seems clear it was the Dark Army, in response to cisco's face being released to the media.

To me, this suggests that the Darky Army has *not* penetrated the FBI though, or they would have known that Dom and her team already have all the names and they wouldn't have waited for Cisco to get publicly outed. (unless there is some 3d chess going on, and they forced him to get outed to give a pretext for assassinating him)

FSociety gained some FBI access when Angela planted the bug, right?

True, but they realized it pretty quickly, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    True, but they realized it pretty quickly, didn't they?
    Yes, rightio. The FBI hadn't connected the dots on the Ecorps female lawyer murder, do you agree that Dark Army does know through Cisco and Darlene? And Dark Army will make sure FBI doesn't fiigure it out?

You're good gus!

Yeah, but they can't hack that analog bulletin board that they showed at the end.

MR ROBOT resumes tonight!!!!!!

I really need to re-watch the first two seasons so everything is fresh again.

A few questions from the season premiere:

Who was the person who picked up Elliot and then later Elliot and Darlene? He works for DA, but we haven't seen him before.

Who did Darlene call in the bathroom? The FBI? Seems to me like she was trying to get Elliot to answer questions like she was wearing a wire.

What did Angela mean by make it like nothing ever happened? Surely the show can't mean time travel (but they did hint at it last season)... And then Angela is working with Mr. Robot?! I know she is supposed to play a larger role this season.
    Last edited by luburch; 10-12-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Anyone else watching? Season has been promising so far. Seems like they're setting up for a major episode next week with no commercial breaks.

Yes, we finally got caught up last night. Isn't Tivo just the most marvelous invention, even for a tech dope such as I?

So, I think there are still levels in the Dark Army we haven't learned about yet, I'm not fully convinced that White Rose is the top flower. But, it's not exactly a Chinese state organization right? Anytime BD Wong is on the screen is a thrill.

Bobby Cannavale is a great addition as Irving. Humorous and chilling, a fun combo. I could do with a tad less of Darlene but so far she's the plot driver.
    The music selections have been outstanding this year, too. Tyrell/Martin Wallstrom is fabulous. This guy is Emmy worthy.

Love the roundabout revisiting of all the original events. That's a sign that Elliot might be getting healthier?