K top Coach in any sport on list of most influential people in college sports

Pretty cool...Urban right behind him, Saban a little further back...no other college hoops coaches despite the opinion of BBN.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...college-sports

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Pretty cool...Urban right behind him, Saban a little further back...no other college hoops coaches despite the opinion of BBN.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...college-sports
    Yeah, yeah, yeah! Twenty-two "suits" plus K, Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. Or, if you don't want to accuse Phil Knight and Kevin Plank (UA) of wearing suits, then twenty suits. Yawn! Lots of people could be Big Ten commissar or do John Swofford's job. Being a coach is a sterner test.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    ... Lots of people could ... do John Swofford's job.
    I'm not so sure about that -- combing that helmet of hair probably takes a lot of practice and a fair amount of strength.

I'm sorry...

...but this list is BS. There is nooooo way Urban Meyer is ahead of Nick Saban. The media (and fans) have much a short-sighted view on EVERYTHING! Saban is arguably more powerful than Coach K. It's not that Saban is better or has more accolades, but rather that college football is so much bigger and more powerful than college basketball (top 15 football programs generate a $1B per year; top 15 basketball programs generate less than $300M a year).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    ...but this list is BS. There is nooooo way Urban Meyer is ahead of Nick Saban. The media (and fans) have much a short-sighted view on EVERYTHING! Saban is arguably more powerful than Coach K. It's not that Saban is better or has more accolades, but rather that college football is so much bigger and more powerful than college basketball (top 15 football programs generate a $1B per year; top 15 basketball programs generate less than $300M a year).
    I don't know, all the voters seem to be qualified as guys tied into the scene. Not sure why you call out media and fans when it seems the only true media is the Big 10 network guy.

I don't know either Saban or Meyer so I don't know why that is a shock. Meyer very well could be a better political player in being able to get along or getting people to see his side.

The fact that college football is so much bigger could also be the reason why K is above the football guys. Where are powerful guys going to want their hands in more and want a bigger piece of the say? The higher revenue sport so for a coach, it's probably harder to have that same sway.