Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    I just hope that HateGate doesn't rear its ugly head at some inopportune time in the future, just when we are most in need of strong and decisive action from the Tribunal. I'm sure there's nothing to it - just a few easily-explained anomalies. I give no credence to the rumors of a conspiracy of silence, and I oppose the call to name a Special Prosecutor.
    I've heard rumors of hanging chads, but I'm sure David Boies and Ted Olson will get to the bottom of it.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

If you've taught your 9 year old to refer to Raymond Felton as "Fatburger" do you get honorable mention here?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    If you've taught your 9 year old to refer to Raymond Felton as "Fatburger" do you get honorable mention here?
    We'll see if we can have you appointed to a special committee, perhaps something like the Sean May Hunger Prevention Task Force.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I already posted my thank you in the poll thread but didn't want that to go unnoticed so again, a humble post of appreciation for all those who came here and voted (no matter how many times). I am truly honored to have been elected to DBR's Mt. Hatemore and I will endeavor to keep that level of loathing for all things tarheelian at its peak throughout basketball, football, soccer, lacrosse or whatever sports season or off season it may be. May they forever reside in Hades.
    My attitude toward the Holeans has a tendency to veer off toward contempt and pity. How does one go about maintaining a correct attitude?

My attitude toward the Holeans has a tendency to veer off toward contempt and pity. How does one go about maintaining a correct attitude?
    Contempt will work nicely.

When you consider pity, think whether you'd have been happier if it had been 92-50 instead of 82-50. That might help some. If not, I'll have some more thoughts tonight or in the am after a couple Ymm, Beers and/or a blissful 6-8 hours of sleep.

It would also be interesting and valuable to see what the other elected reps had to say.

What are you saying?! Pity for the holeans?! I'm staggered at just your formulation of the possibility.
    Contempt, all well and good. Actually, a classy cousin of hate.

But pity?!! The mind reels. I simply do not understand. Must be the boredom of no active college hoops to watch.

Start sculpting animals out of soap bars, that might help soothe your mind.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    What are you saying?! Pity for the holeans?! I'm staggered at just your formulation of the possibility.

But pity?!! The mind reels. I simply do not understand. Must be the boredom of no active college hoops to watch.

And if the carving doesn't solve the issue, eat the carving scraps to clean your mind.

This response is one of a champion.

... And a hearty 9f to the finalists.

Cannot showing an opponent that one pities him or her be a most effective form of disparagement? Mustn’t one have a variety of approaches at one’s command depending upon the needs of the situation?

Cannot showing an opponent that one pities him or her be a most effective form of disparagement? Mustn’t one have a variety of approaches at one’s command depending upon the needs of the situation?
    As anyone who lives in the South can attest, perhaps the most cutting comment you can make about someone is -- "bless his little heart."

Yes, indeed, that is an excellent retort. Of course, you're allowing the holeians a wide measure of emotional awareness in recognizing the true nature of your pity. As so many of them show the mental capacity of knuckle-draggers, there is a slight risk that they may actually feel better after your condolences.
    That's not the goal up here on Mt Hatemore.

Of course, you can really sell the whole wide-eyed, "My goodness, J. Tatum sure looks like a terrific youngster, doesn't he?!!!"
    Salt on wounds, swood1000, salt on wounds...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Yes, indeed, that is an excellent retort. Of course, you're allowing the holeians a wide measure of emotional awareness in recognizing the true nature of your pity. As so many of them show the mental capacity of knuckle-draggers, there is a slight risk that they may actually feel better after your condolences.
    That's not the goal up here on Mt Hatemore.

Of course, you can really sell the whole wide-eyed, "My goodness, J. Tatum sure looks like a terrific youngster, doesn't he?!!!"
    Salt on wounds, swood1000, salt on wounds...
    The salt might be better used to sow into the earth of the demolished dump.

I blame the DBR community. You guys don't hate Carolina enough for me to share my true feelings with you.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I blame the DBR community. You guys don't hate Carolina enough for me to share my true feelings with you.
    You could always PM the Mt. Hatemore electees. I'd bet we could find you a prominent position for you on one of our Loathing or Scorn committees.

You take the time to capitalize caro...harumph, caroli...harumph, caro...I just can't write it.

New title, unsee.

I don't think we have the capacity to respond only in emoji here....

If there's any interest in a DBR Emeritus Award for Lifetime Excellence in the Field of UNC Hate, I nominate James C. Armstrong, who was a leader in the field when the Internet was still new and relatively innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    If there's any interest in a DBR Emeritus Award for Lifetime Excellence in the Field of UNC Hate, I nominate James C. Armstrong, who was a leader in the field when the Internet was still new and relatively innocent.
    I second the nomination. After all, it was James who first uttered the chant "Air ball!" at the 7-0 half, 47-40 final score game in Cameron!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

This man is a Missionary.